X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currahee!

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
      Guys, shouldn't it be C/506 instead of C/516?
      I noticed that, but I just figured I was high or something. I figured Duncan must know what he's doing...
      "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Ok Duncan you sold me
        FoxNEWS "The World is unfair and we are running scared"

Comment

I voted for Tom's plan. It's not my first choice, but he's right. The center squad needs backup. Hopefully the reinforcements will be able to establish a position that will threaten the German right.
          "Only the dead have seen the end of war"...Plato

Comment

Thanks outrider

But that is more Duncans plan than mine, I missed the "real" directions (N,S,E,W ) on the map, so the plan should work if the German fire is'nt to bad for us.

Cheers

Tom

Comment

Craighead and 1 squad should fire on A/919. His other squad moves to L3 to fire on J3 to make those broken squads DM. Otherwise there is a good probability of the Germans rallying both those squads.

C/516 might as well fire at Frietag. If he moves C/516 will take an 8-1 or a 4-2 shot and neither is a good option.

G/516 should assault move, placing smoke in S6 and going to S5. We need him in the buildings.

Medrow reacts to events. If C/516's fire is effective against freitag he can go to O6.

Comment

The Americans focus on the east. They fire and move in more reinforcements. There are overlapping firefights but neither side has particularly effective fire. The Americans are able to move in two more squads of airborne infantry and shift the balance in the east a little bit more.

The German 919th grenadiers, in the west, rally a single squad and begin to recover.
                A single squad of 1058th grenadiers, under Lt. Freitag, is broken but remains in place.
                C/506 breaks and runs. They came under massive fire and could have done much worse.
                G/506 fails to pop smoke and A/1058 is pinned. So, G/506 decides to draw fire to allow Sgt. Logsdon a clear run into town.

Red Outlines - Firefights
                Green Lines - US movement
                Black Lines - Units that break and run

Sgt! Don't get overconfident with your results. The Germans put down a lot of fire but couldn't bring it to bear properly. Our own fire was weak and mostly ineffective. We were able to reinforce the eastern section of town BUT the 919th grenadiers are getting organised again and there will be a German response soon.

German action will follow in a few hours and then another poll will go up later tonight.

One small correction. The US green movement line should go through S4, not S5.
                Last edited by Duncan; 22 Jul 08, 14:12.
                AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
                The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

The German squad in R7 must be dealt with pronto
                  FoxNEWS "The World is unfair and we are running scared"

Comment

I'm torn about our decision not to move deeper into town right away. On the one hand the 1058th and 6FJ are still in fairly good shape and could do some real and immediate damage if we had moved in close. On the other hand the 6FJ has more troops coming in and they may get set up in town while we are still waiting for our own assault group to form. The upcoming German action will be a real deciding point.

Comment

Wait and see

what the Germans do here, then we will see what we can do if it is not a good day for the US Para squads......... The first side that fires with some good results just might tip the battle one way or the other.

Cheers, still a pretty even fight so far, but remember the objective houses at all times here people!!

Tom

Comment

Firefights continue. Germans harrass US Airborne in the west and consolidate their hold in the east.

The Germans move up the last of their reinforcements, two squads of FJ under Cpt. Weiss, carefully. They are strong in the east and decide that the grenadiers and FJ in town can hang on while they ensure that this last group arrives intact.
                        Two squads of FJ move carefully forward making sure that they don't draw fire. Both critical buildings in the east are under German control now.
                        Lt. Praun becomes the rally point for broken German squads.

The east is delicate. The Americans outnumber and outgun the Germans. However, the Germans hold the buildings and it must be the Americans who attack. There is also Cpt. Weiss' group to consider.

Red Outlines and Straight Lines - Firefights
                        Blue Lines - German movement
                        Black Lines - German squad routing away
                        Last edited by Duncan; 22 Jul 08, 16:54.

Comment

Wow

A lot of ways we can go baout this, but very carefully guys!!!

Cheers, at least 1 house should be attacked maybe, or just do some shooting, then maybe assault next turn???

Cheers, the Para's have their hands full, no "easy" win here either!!!

Tom

Comment

Should Craighead and Logsdon fire on the 919th or the paras in N5? Can we afford to have them concentrate their fire? I just don't know. We really need to think this out. That round went worse than I thought it would.
                            "Only the dead have seen the end of war"...Plato

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X