ITS #3. Vierville, June7 - 1944: Command Poll #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITS #3. Vierville, June7 - 1944: Command Poll #2

Sgt! We're two minutes into a fight that will last no more than ten. We've got the Germans on the run in the west. In the east we are disorganised and weak, facing grenadiers and falschirmjager. Two more squads of US airborne are coming in from the north with three more squads to follow. But the germans are also getting more FJ reinforcing from the east.

West - Attack!
    Sgt. Craighead has the 919th grenadiers on the run. He should lay down fire and move aggressively to finish them off as soon as possible. This may allow us to move east later. At the very least it will solidify our hold on this side of the road.

West - Defend!
    There are too many unkowns. The 919th is likely to rally at least one squad. There's also unlikely to be enough time for Sgt. Craighead to go east anyhow. We're in a good position. We hold one of the critical buildings and cover the other one. Let's stay put and lay down fire on the remaining german squad. If anymore of the 919th grenadiers want to move towards us we're in an excellent position to stop them.

East - Attack!
    C/516 needs help badly. They are going to get shot up if they stay were they are and shot up if they withdraw. Sgt. Medrow should move on the germans with his squad to support them. C/516 can cover their movement.

East - Pull back and defend!
    C/516 is in a world of hurt regardless of what we do. We shouldn't throw away Medrow and his squad too. Let's try to move C/516 back. Sgt. Medrow can attempt to put down smoke to cover the withdrawal. Then Medrow can shift slightly to a better position and defend while we wait for reinforcements. We'll push the attack but not until more troops arrive.

West - Attack / East - Attack
    12.50%
    West - Attack / East - Pull back and defend
    0.00%
    West - Defend / East - Attack
    25.00%
    West - Defend / Wast - Pull back and defend
    12.50%
    I have something else in mind.
    50.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Duncan; 14 Jul 08, 22:21.
    AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
    The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

We do not leave fellow airborne troopers in trouble!

Sgt Medrow has to get into P6 and help hold the east until more reinforcements show up.

Sgt Craighead will hold in the West for now.

"Sgt Medrow...C/516 is in a sporty situation. Get into that brawl pronto and keep the krauts busy for a few more minutes till our cavalry arrives! Hooah!"
    Publisher
    Armchair General Magazine
    Weider History Group

Comment

I'll go a step further to bailing out C/516. Sgt. Craighead should ignore the 919th and support the fight across the street by firing on Lt. Praun. This leaves the 919th unmolested and able to re-group but we can bring fire on any movement by them.

Next, C/516 fires on Lt. Freitag. Medrow moves to O6, perhaps with smoke if C/516 doesn't shoot straight. If any of our boys survive we talk about using melee combat to hold the germans in place while our reinforcements move in.

It's risky. We could get wiped out in the east because of the O6 move. But full out attack on the east is my choice! Surprise and aggression!
      Last edited by Duncan; 14 Jul 08, 22:53.

Comment

I say we should go with West - Defend / East - Attack

Originally posted by Duncan View Post

If any of our boys survive...
        That does not instill confidence...
        Last edited by Paul Mann III; 14 Jul 08, 23:10.
        "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

I'll go a step further to bailing out C/516. Sgt. Craighead should ignore the 919th and support the fight across the street by firing on Lt. Praun. This leaves the 919th unmolested and able to re-group but we can bring fire on any movement by them.

Next, C/516 fires on Lt. Freitag. Medrow moves to O6, perhaps with smoke if C/516 doesn't shoot straight. If any of our boys survive we talk about using melee combat to hold the germans in place while our reinforcements move in.

It's risky. We could get wiped out in the east because of the O6 move. But full out attack on the east is my choice! Surprise and aggression!
          I think I like this plan of yours, the asault for the next turn though, we can talk about that then. I would'nt worry to much about the East, there are no objective houses there, and D said it may be a pretty short game, so we have to take some risks a nd casualties it seems to me.

Cheers, I like your style Duncan!!

Tom

So I will vote for the other (something else in mind) plan, meaning Duncans.

Comment

Originally posted by TRDG View Post
            I think I like this plan of yours, the asault for the next turn though, we can talk about that then. I would'nt worry to much about the East, there are no objective houses there, and D said it may be a pretty short game, so we have to take some risks a nd casualties it seems to me.

Cheers, I like your style Duncan!!

Tom

So I will vote for the other (something else in mind) plan, meaning Duncans.
            West and east both have objective houses. West is the top of the map. East is the bottom of the map. I have placed red dots on the four objective houses.

Comment

I don't think it's neccessary to get that aggresive. Going "all in" isn't neccessary.

Though I agree with you about having Craighead firing on Praun.

With Craighead in M4 and Medrow in P6 the Krauts that occupy N5, N6, and O6 will be in a crossfire from both flanks. We can wear them down and evict them.

But we are aggresive paratroopers and if the boys really want to get aggresive I'm sure we'll do great.
              Publisher
              Weider History Group

Comment

Lol

West and east both have objective houses. West is the top of the map. East is the bottom of the map. I have placed red dots on the four objective houses.
                I missed the "NORTH" icon here, one of those nights I guess, I will figure the new directions and get back to ya here.......

Cheers

Tom

Comment

Right now this is how the plan stands. Defend in the west and attack in the east.
                  Ignore the 919th grenadiers for now.
                  Focus fire on Lt. Praun and Lt. Freitag from both sides of the street.
                  Shift Sgt. Medrow east to the next building (P6) in support.
                  Bring reinforcements, entering from the north, to the east side of the street.

Let's see how many more votes we get and if any improvements can be brought for discussion.
                  The poll ends on July 21.

Comment

Right now this is how the plan stands. Defend in the west and attack in the east.
                    Ignore the 919th grenadiers for now.
                    Focus fire on Lt. Praun and Lt. Freitag from both sides of the street.
                    Shift Sgt. Medrow east to the next building (P6) in support.
                    Bring reinforcements, entering from the north, to the east side of the street.

Let's see how many more votes we get and if any improvements can be brought for discussion.
                    The poll ends on July 21.
                    I like it!
                    Publisher
                    Weider History Group

Comment

Only 5 votes here? What happened to the others?
                      "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

It's

SUMMER Paul LOL, it does happen, they will show up eventually, we will just hold the "fort" (Town) until they arrive as reserves maybe.......

Anyways, that last plan works for me Duncan, let err rip I say!!

Cheers

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by TRDG View Post
                          SUMMER Paul LOL, it does happen, they will show up eventually, we will just hold the "fort" (Town) until they arrive as reserves maybe.......

Anyways, that last plan works for me Duncan, let err rip I say!!

Cheers

Tom
                          Most likely time is the morning of July 22 for the next poll. Perhaps very late July 21 if I'm not burnt out from a double shift.

Comment

Guys, shouldn't it be C/506 instead of C/516?

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
                              Guys, shouldn't it be C/506 instead of C/516?
                              Doh!
                              And I was waiting for someone to spank me for designating the squad/regiment. Or for using a letter for the squad.

I'll fix it on the next round.
                              Last edited by Duncan; 18 Jul 08, 00:18.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X