ACG: Buchholz Station - Poll 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACG: Buchholz Station - Poll 3

This Interactive game is open to ALL ACG Forum Members. The Poll will stay open for 7 days (July 21st)!

Here are the 4 possible options for the German Forces during the 5th and 6th turns of the scenario. Review the screen shots and vote for the Plan you would like the German Forces to follow for Turns 5-6 of the Scenario.

The Platoon orders in the screenshots are color coded and their paths/directions are numbered as well.

The 2 Exit Hexes are now marked by RED hexagons and White Stars for easier ID.

Please review the following before voting so you understand what the scenario is about;- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Option A: Continue pressing forward against the units near Hill 522 using fire and movement. (Focus on destroying American Units).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Option B: Continue flanking to the Left, against the Village from the North with HQ and 1st Platoons. Concentrate on getting into the woods and buildings on the North side of Buchholz Station. 3rd Platoon concentrate their fire on any visible enemy units while 2nd Platoon moves in closer, staying in the woods, to get better fields of fire. (Focus on destroying American Units).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Option C: Broad Fire Plan. 1st Platoon Engineers try to press in close against the base of Hill 522 while the rest of the Company concentrates all their fire on any visible units. 2nd Platoon maintains their positions and covers from where they are. (Still leaves open both the option of Exiting Units and Destroying American Units).

Option D: HQ and 1st Platoons continue pressing forward against the units near Hill 522 using fire and movement. 3rd Platoons lays suppressing fire on the right flank against all visible enemy forces. 2nd Platoon sweeps to the left to cross the road and reinforce the attack on Hill 522. (Focus on destroying American Units).

After the poll closes I will play out the 5th and 6th turns of the scenario using the SASL System. Then I will post a detailed AAR and the current unit locations and gathered intelligence. Once that is done I will come up with a few more options for the next 2 turns and you will vote again and so on.

If you have any questions please ask in this thread and when you are ready, please vote.
    Option A: Continue pressing forward against the units near Hill 522.
    0.00%
    Option B: Continue flanking to the Left, against the Village from the North with HQ and 1st Platoons.
    11.11%
    Option C: Broad Fire Plan. All but 1st Plt Hold positon and fire on any visible enemy units.
    44.44%
    Option D: HQ and 1st Platoons continue pressing forward against Hill 522, 2ns Platoons moves to reinforce that attack.
    44.44%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Double Deuce; 13 Jul 08, 10:57.
    [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

Option D for me...we need to clear out the woods and our engineers should easily be able to do that.

DD please be careful to minimize our exposure to fire from Yanks in the town (2nd story) as you move to rout the Yanks in the woods just south of us. (Don't enter hex V9)

We need 2nd Platoon to come in the woods and give us superiority vs any Yanks units counterattacking...likely arriving piecemeal.

We got them where we want them. They can only attack by getting up close to us...we are in good defensive terrain and are superior troops. They will come at us piecemeal and we will destroy their force in detail and win.
    Publisher
    Armchair General Magazine
    Weider History Group

Comment

D looks good to me too. I definitely don't like A. I don't want to run right into the face of the occupied buildings. I much prefer having the high ground and cover on the right leaving their forces in danger of being split.

C doesn't sound good either. Broad fire? I would prefer when possible to have fire and movement using suppressing fire to help the exposed units on the move.

Comment

Voted C for this phase.

There are several enemy units out there in the open. Let's take full advantage of it and open (cross)fire. Once we have decimated the enemy in the open, we can act on the new situation: move on towards the exit points or continue the firefight without being in a position we cannot get out from.
        As for the suggested manoeuvre: No need for that now. The suggested moves to the left bring our platoons only in contact with fresh enemy units while they cannot support each other.
        BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

We are closely engaged at the base of Hill 522, option 'B' still gives us good fields of fire and maneuver room.
          If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Originally posted by freightshaker View Post
            We are closely engaged at the base of Hill 522, option 'B' still gives us good fields of fire and maneuver room.
            Commander Freightshaker... I respectfully disagree.

Option B is the least desirable choice at this time. It moves us right into their fields of fire in the town. We will get mowed down. Let us finish the Yanks in the woods first!

The second best choice to Option D is Option C.
            Publisher
            Armchair General Magazine
            Weider History Group

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Weider View Post
              Commander Freightshaker... I respectfully disagree.

Option B is the least desirable choice at this time. It moves us right into their fields of fire in the town. We will get mowed down. Let us finsih the Yanks in the woods first!

The second best choice to Option D is Option C.
              This is true. I missed the movement into town. I'm concentrating too much on the right side trying not to get decisively engaged .
              If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Option D.
                Stick to the right hand side of the hill. The woods and the hill are our friends. We don't want to get jumped.
                We're still moving a little. I think even though this focusses on destroying the Americans; once we kick them hard we will regain freedom of movement and the option of exiting units will become available again.
                AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
                The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

Tough call

on C and D, the fire seems about right, but that HQ movement is like the lesse of two elils to me anyways..... Nice poll choices by the way Mike, interesting!! VERY of you!!

It is turn 5-6 out of 10, is'nt it, so we have 2 more polls to win by fire or flight, HHMMM, In that case I will vote fo D, more risk, but if we survive the counterfire, we can get some of these squads more closer to the exit I think.

Cheers, if it goes bad though for us in the "dice gods" hands, we could be in trouble........

Tom

Comment

You guys tied Option C and D on purpose didn't you? I don't suppose that a poll can be "reopened" so I will start a new poll with only those 2 options and ask everyone to re-vote. It will only be open for about 3 days. Hopefully we will then come to a none tied result.

Comment

Lol

Sounds good Mike

Cheers

Tom

Comment

I've opened a new poll so that we can get a final decision between the 2 options with the most votes (option C and D were each tied with 4 votes).

The updated Poll is here: ACG: Buchholz Station - Poll 3 - Alternate

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X