Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where should the next Interactive Tactical Simulation take place? You decide!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TRDG View Post
    Comments in PM my friend....

Cheers, REMEMBER, not to much now for the upcoming players please....

Tom
    Nah. That's it until the Russians are in position and discussion can start.
    AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
    The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

• Map looks fine and dandy.
      SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

• ITS2 will have to wait until later in the month. We're setting up the OpFor right now but I have a busy week ahead.

Hey DD, do you want the VASL file to play with? You bored yet?

And then I'm sending the wife to Las Vegas and will have time to kill.

Comment

• Originally posted by Duncan View Post
          ITS2 will have to wait until later in the month. We're setting up the OpFor right now but I have a busy week ahead.

Hey DD, do you want the VASL file to play with? You bored yet?
          I set the scenario up in my copy based on the info from your PM's so far. You want me to do up a deployment and send to you? I will also try to work up 3 "options" for a poll for the players to choose from as a start the battle.
          [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

Comment

• Before we get stuck into this, is there sufficient interest to do it again?
            It will be the ACG forum members playing one side via public discussion and polls. Much less involved than the last round, but more inclusive and public I hope.

Comment

• I posted this in the The Guards Counterattack. Interactive Game thread but I am also posting it here since it applies to this thread as well;

One thing Duncan tried to do was run this more as a simulation rather than an actual wargame. Teams were supposed to come up with general plans and provide them in written form for him to interpret and play out using ASL. For anyone familiar with ASL you know that it is not easy to separate the the two. Being an ASL player myself it is almost impossible for me to think in general terms for providing orders rather than thinking through each unit's orders for each phase and communicating that to Duncan, essentially playing ASL via PM. The format of this game allowed that detailed level of involvement by each team and it showed at least in the Russians providing their orders.

The new format will be poll driven where players/forum members will select a course of action from several options for their turn/phase and they will NOT be dictating each squad/vehicle, movement path and targets. Instead of moving each squad hex by hex it will be more of "X" platoon/group moves to the right flank and attacks "X" building. Again, players will have several options to select from BUT the possible micromanagement quagmire will be controlled through the use of poll options.

Comment

• I've emailed the owner of Lone Canuck Publishing to get permission to use the write up of the scenario we've chosen. It would be nice to include it.

I'm out of contact for a while now.

Comment

• Sorry gents but I am going to let this project drop for now. I may pick it up again in October. Of course it's open for someone else to pick up. I'm happy to sticky threads for you.

Comment

• no problem Duncan
                    FoxNEWS "The World is unfair and we are running scared"

Comment

• Roger that Duncan

YES, take a long break and then come back and see if there is still interest, maybe another ACG staffer could give it a shot? I know DD is VERY busy at the moment!!

Cheers, I hope to see you and ASL here in the future my friend!!

Tom

Comment

• I think that after Vierville is done I may take a few weeks off then do another small Stalingrad scenario. I'll be pretty busy in Sept between the old man, overtime, and school. I should be able to keep a small game going after about the third week of Sept.

Comment

• Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                          I think that after Vierville is done I may take a few weeks off then do another small Stalingrad scenario. I'll be pretty busy in Sept between the old man, overtime, and school. I should be able to keep a small game going after about the third week of Sept.
                          If you plan to take Stalingrad or the East Front, I can do another theater/theme once I am done with the current poll game I am running. Maybe something early war West Front (France, Low Countries, Norway or even Poland), North Africa or the Pacific? That way we can keep a varied mix going on more or less.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Deuce View Post
                            If you plan to take Stalingrad or the East Front, I can do another theater/theme once I am done with the current poll game I am running. Maybe something early war West Front (France, Low Countries, Norway or even Poland), North Africa or the Pacific? That way we can keep a varied mix going on more or less.
                            Very cool. You should have first dibs on what theatre you want.

Comment

• Originally posted by [QUOTE
                              Duncan;947021]I think that after Vierville is done I may take a few weeks off then do another small Stalingrad scenario. I'll be pretty busy in Sept between the old man, overtime, and school. I should be able to keep a small game going after about the third week of Sept
                              .[/quote]

Sounds good, same "poll" type deal, or will you adjust it with "a little help" from others??

Cheers

You know who.........

PS

Still waiting for my FoW game comments (from YOU) from somewhere else my friend, I'm counting on ya!!
                              Last edited by TRDG; 18 Jul 08, 02:38.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X