Scale Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scale Question

OK, in 15mm armor miniatures, such as Axis & Allies Miniatures.....what does the 15mm refer to?

When talking about the Height Scale (and the various tables you find out on the Internet), this scale generally references humanoid (i.e., Infantry) figures...meaning, the infantry figures are 15mm tall in height. But I have seen no references made specifically to vehicles, mainly armor. My thought is that the 15mm scale designation refers to what size vehicle a 15mm Infantry figure (tank crewmen in this case of armor, to be exact) would comfortably fit into; having nothing to do with vehicle height or length. Owing to the fact that tanks came in all shapes and sizes, further supports my line of thought.
    Last edited by Whiterook; 10 Mar 08, 14:53. Reason: Addition
    http://www.militarywargaming.com

"The Golden Rule of War, Speed - Simplicity - Boldness" -- General George S. Patton, Jr

Originally posted by Whiterook View Post
    OK, in 15mm armor miniatures, such as Axis & Allies Miniatures.....what does the 15mm refer to?

When talking about the Height Scale (and the various tables you find out on the Internet), this scale generally references humanoid (i.e., Infantry) figures...meaning, the infantry figures are 15mm tall in height. But I have seen no references made specifically to vehicles, mainly armor. My thought is that the 15mm scale designation refers to what size vehicle a 15mm Infantry figure (tank crewmen in this case of armor, to be exact) would comfortably fit into; having nothing to do with vehicle height or length. Owing to the fact that tanks came in all shapes and sizes, further supports my line of thought.
    15mm Scale is 1/107 scale or 1" equals 107"

http://theminiaturespage.com/ref/scales.html
    FoxNEWS "The World is unfair and we are running scared"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X