Risk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whiterook View Post
    One home rule a lot of my friends and I play at game start are to place initial arrmies to the deal of the cards, rather than placing at random. That can speed up game set-up time.
    I have an earlier version, copyright 1967, though it was purchased for my 10th Christmas in 1970. That version used the very rule you mention above as a standard rule. It was part of the "French Rules" printed in the back of the booklet. The American version permitted one to place up to 50 extra armies once you had determined your initial countries via the shuffle and dealing of the cards. Never used those rules, the French rules didn't permit this. You simply dealt the cards, placed a single army in each territory, rolled for highest die to see who went first, and got 1 army for each 3 territories to begin the game.

My first version had the colored wooden blocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Cundiff View Post
      I have an earlier version, copyright 1967, though it was purchased for my 10th Christmas in 1970. That version used the very rule you mention above as a standard rule. It was part of the "French Rules" printed in the back of the booklet. The American version permitted one to place up to 50 extra armies once you had determined your initial countries via the shuffle and dealing of the cards. Never used those rules, the French rules didn't permit this. You simply dealt the cards, placed a single army in each territory, rolled for highest die to see who went first, and got 1 army for each 3 territories to begin the game.

My first version had the colored wooden blocks.
      Yes, I've seen those rules as well though a long time after the that rule was showed me by my Brother-in-law.

A few years ago, when my Dad passed away, I set upon a quest to purchase every version of RISK (one of my all-time favorite boardgames) I could on EBay...I realize these many years later it was a coping mechanism, but that makes them all the more special to me now. They get the odd look from visitors in my gameroom, but I've not shared their origins to my collection (well, until now, anyway). A little useless trivia for all of you
      http://www.militarywargaming.com

"The Golden Rule of War, Speed - Simplicity - Boldness" -- General George S. Patton, Jr

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X