Clipping Counter Corners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whiterook View Post
    All great points....a lot to think about!

I was looking at some blu-tack; my wife uses it to "secure" some nick-nacks down to "Kitty proof" them. I see your point now.....tacky enough to hold, but comes up very easily! In a taped surface, I can see the benefit of this.

As for wall mounted maps, speaking from the Artist side, your perception can be easily skewed when looking at an angle, which is why most easels are generally set up with the canvas perpendicular to the floor. Standing back does allow the eye to "see" more, so another point well taken from your advice.

Along thelines of acetate, I've seen "Sheets" of adhesive-backed celo, that could be worth exploring on counter sheets not yet separated from the trees; put I think you would lose some control, as opposed to celo tape.

Thanks to all. Keep the great ideas coming!
    Word of warning!

When i first used wall mounted games i hadnt thought of the tape/fablon system. If you use blutac without tape the counters very soon lose all their print and colour and often tear in places. Maps are similar but it depends on the map type... boards a la AH pose no probs.

More thoughts...

For most of the SPI and GDW 'mega-games' i covered all the charts, production sheets and similar with fablon too. These can be easily placed either side of the wall map so all you need 'floor-wise' is your comfy chair and a table for the counter trays. A narrow coffee table was best for it allowed you to lean forward and reach the map.

Memories flooding back here...

Maps...

Once covered in fablon i found it best to store the maps 'rolled' (about a 6 inch diameter roll, mapface inward) in a dry place. After this reusing the maps was easy, just 3 tacs at one end and then roll out lengthwise along the wall.

Bonus...

One thing i did ive never seen repeated.

In large games such as DNO or war in the east i used to group unit counters in corps and armies, both for fun and historical interest. Very often after lengthy play or after a break, which units belonged where was often forgotten. I solved this by using a CHINOGRAPH PENCIL!. Very quickly you can mark corps and army boundaries and name them as well.

As the 'front' moves just wait a few turns and then mark the new boundaries, then wipe off the old with a tissue or cloth. It really adds historical flavour to the games.

If its a massive game, then use different colors for different things... boundaries, objectives, thrust lines.

Phew...

Hope this has been useful.

Have fun

Gary

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X