Harpoon naval system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harpoon naval system

Has anyone played this game series? I like the author who designed it and it looks like it has a lot of module support.

I play the computer version. Didn't know you could still get the board game. It is supposed to be excellent. Herman would probably be the guy to ask.
    AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
    The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampwolf View Post
      Has anyone played this game series? I like the author who designed it and it looks like it has a lot of module support.
      This is the GAME that Tom Clancy based most of his book "Red Storm Rising" on in the middle 1980s.

The rest is HIS-Story.....
      Kevin Kenneally
      Masters from a school of "hard knocks"
      Member of a Ph.D. Society (Post hole. Digger)

Comment

The designer also wrote Red Phoenix, which is way better than Red Storm Rising even though it is very much less about the naval war. The good thing is that the book was thorough yet clear enough for a dumb groundpounder to understand.
        I see it at the Clash of Arms website so I assume it's still selling. Most clash of arms games I have are heavy on the rules but fans swear by them. Games shouldn't be hard to learn, but lots of rules that give lots of options may be considered 'hard to play,' but that just means you have more choices. Anyway I'm definitely going to get the modern Pacific scenarios one of these days.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X