X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monmouth Review

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/artic...&page=1&cat=59

Enjoy. Discuss.

Looks good. No mention of any special rules regarding heat/exhaustion? (I like the idea of the confused state of the American command & control, though -- a nice touch.)

Ah, just noticed the scan of the manual does have something called "Heat Game Turns". Any details on that?
    "I am not an atomic playboy."
    Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Originally posted by mirrorshades View Post
      Looks good. No mention of any special rules regarding heat/exhaustion? (I like the idea of the confused state of the American command & control, though -- a nice touch.)

Ah, just noticed the scan of the manual does have something called "Heat Game Turns". Any details on that?
      Yes, there are special heat rules. Later in the game, units break more easily, but both sides are equally affected of course.
      Larry Levandowski

Join the Army and see the Navy
      sandwich board in the Marx Brother's Duck Soup, 1933

Comment

Just discovered that this game (and the others in the American Revolution series) are available for use with something called Cyberboard. Cyberboard is apparently an app that lets you emulate a physical gameboard, counters, cards, etc...

Cyberboard info on GMT's Battles of the American Revolution Series is available here: http://www.battlesofamericanrevoluti...cyberboard.htm

Anyone ever use Cyberboard? Looks kind of interesting.
        "I am not an atomic playboy."
        Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

The Monmouth game I am waiting patiently for is from Clash Of Arms. The counters will represent infantry battalions and cav regiments. I would be willing to bet that there are weather rules amongst other areas of interest. Part of the larger Battles of the Age of Reason Series it will be a very tactical approach to the battle.
          I come here to discuss a piece of business with you and what are you gonna do? You're gonna tell me fairy tales? James Caan in the movie "Thief" ca 1981

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X