Cold War/Modern Miniatures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold War/Modern Miniatures

I've been having this urge lately to play some what-if battles in the Cold War period between Soviet and American forces. Does anyone know of a company that produces a good range of miniatures for that era and which rulebook would be the best to buy for what I have in mind?
    The Tactician

"Just drive down that road, until you get blown up"- Patton talking to reconnaissance troops.

"To throw bombs from an airplane will do as much damage as throwing bags of flour. It will be my pleasure to stand on the bridge of any ship while it is attacked by airplanes."
    - Newton Baker, US minister of defense (1921)

"Submarines are safer than aircraft.....the proof in this fact is that there are more aircraft in the water than submarines in the sky."- Joke from somewhere

GHQ puts out the best (IMO) miniatures for tabletop gaming and also have their own ruleset.
    http://www.ghqmodels.com/
    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

I've heard of a game called battlefield evolution but I've never played it. It takes place in modern days but does include abrams and T-72's.

Comment

There's several rulebooks depending on what you want to concentrate on (I've got Challenger 2000, Close and Destroy and Sand, Oil, and Blood), but when it comes to minis, GHQ has served me well for years.
        If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

GHQ and if you can get them Ross and Heroics which are much cheaper. You could also go for 15mm and you will find loads of great models in this scale including Peter Pigs - AK47 range, Skytrex, etc.

Rules depends on your scale really TOE are available for free if you don't mind the weapons research or MetalStorm for smaller engagements.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X