Best world war two tabletop gaming systom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best world war two tabletop gaming systom

What in your opinion is the best WW2 Gaming systom?
    By tabletop I mean something like flames of war not axis and allies minitures which relly on hexegon moving space.

Originally posted by Protestant View Post
    What in your opinion is the best WW2 Gaming systom?
    By tabletop I mean something like flames of war not axis and allies minitures which relly on hexegon moving space.
    Perhaps you really mean miniatuer gaming system? A tabletop game is any game that normally is played on a table or other flat surface.
    "The secret of war lies in the communications" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Yes that is what I mean where the range is mesured out by rulers no hexegons or anything like that to move on.

Comment

Micro-Armor was always my personal favorite. I've played and read a few other systems but always found them more lacking either in playability or in recreating the battles as well as the minatures did.

Individual vehicles and facing mattered for attack and defense. Infantry was handled mostly by squad if I recall corredtly. An old system I don't believe I've played it since the 80's. I remember when Squad Leader came as a boardgame. I thought "cool almost like micro-armor but portable" (and the pieces are cheaper). Of course we could play bigger battles with micro-armor and the mins had more visual impact.
        Last edited by Widow Maker; 17 Jul 07, 15:44.
        "Put guards on all the roads, and don't let the men run to the rear."
        Major General John Buford's final words on his deathbed.

Comment

If you're looking for the entire war I'd have to say 'World in Flames' by the Australian Design Group. www.a-d-g.com.au

Comment

PBI I & II

Excellent company level combat.

On a much much larger scale I would go for Mega Blitz. Divisional level warfare but you need a very big table. Each unit is a battalion but it gives the feel of large units fighting.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X