Axis and Allies House Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axis and Allies House Rules

For 2004 A/H edition (if a thread already exists and i was too lazy to look for it go ahead and yell at me)...

If anyone has any good ones, please post.
    be careful... what you shoot at... most things in here don't react too well to bullets...

-PARATROOPERS: according to the 2nd edition rules, a bomber may transport (and drop) 1 infantry unit. if a bomber is used in this capacity, it may not attack enemy units on the same turn.

on the opening round of combat only, paratroopers attack at a die roll of 2. thereafter, they function as normal infantry. i found that the die roll of 2 on the opening round approximates the element of surprise that airborne units lend to the larger force.

-INFANTRY WITHOUT INDUSTRY: during the "procure units" phase, a power can produce infantry in any ORIGINALLY HELD territory up to that territory's IPC value, even if no factory is present on the territory. this infantry still costs 3 IPCs, and functions as any other infantry would.

all other units must be placed in a territory containing a factory. likewise, any infantry placed on newly conquered enemy territory also requires a factory.

i have found it makes for more dynamic combat in areas such as the eastern front, africa, the far east, and the pacific...

-MECHANIZED INFANTRY/TOWED ARTILLERY: This can be used as a stand-alone tech upgrade, or in conjunction with the "combined bombardment" upgrade (from 2004 edition) to make it more attractive...

Your infantry and artillery can move two spaces during combat/non-combat phase, as long as each unit is matched up one for one with a tank/armor unit.

For example: Germany has 5 tanks, 4 infantry, and 2 artillery in Western Europe. The German player wishes to move as many of these units as possible overland to Eastern Europe. 5 tanks and any combination of 5 infantry and artillery units can advance 2 spaces with the tanks.

The remaining infantry/artillery may only advance one space.

No change to attack/defense values.

CAPITAL SHIPS- 4 hit battleships- with each hit, the battleships suffer combat and movement penalties. battleships repair for free in a sea zone adjacent to a land zone containing an IC (your country must own it)
    3 hit carriers- same principle... after 2 hits, carriers can only hold one fighter unit.
    be careful... what you shoot at... most things in here don't react too well to bullets...

Comment

"-INFANTRY WITHOUT INDUSTRY: during the "procure units" phase, a power can produce infantry in any ORIGINALLY HELD territory up to that territory's IPC value, even if no factory is present on the territory. this infantry still costs 3 IPCs, and functions as any other infantry would."

Nice idea that one, but, once you have played current Axis and Allies, anything made earlier, or made to be used with anything made earlier simply isn't good enough.

I long ago lost track of just who the heck had my friggin copy of the old game, but after playing the new design, stopped caring if I ever found it again.
      Life is change. Built models for decades.
      Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
      I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

i just picked up the '04 edition last year. major improvement over the original, IMO. trouble is keeping the kids away from the board mid-game.

have you checked out the miniatures sets yet?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X