What's your favorite miniatures game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite miniatures game?

what is your favorite war (civil war, WW1, WW2, modern wars) miniatures game?

If you don't mide, please post why when you answer.

I'm looking at Axis and Allies Mini
    "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
    "

Comment

Axis and Allies is great. Because after about 3 or 4 days of intense stardigies and tacitics, when you win, its hilarous to see your friend(s) get all ma and throw stuff around..unless its my house
      I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

If I had time, money and any talent at painting I would say Flames of War, I bought rulebook and the Afrika Korps book and I like the way the rules are set up but I just don't have that kind of time to commit to it..... Someday
        "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
        - General George S. Patton, Jr

Comment

I have always been partial to Napoleonics. I used to play Empire 3 back in the 80's. Now my minis are sitting in the garage collecting dust. I am thinking about EBaying them off.
          "The will of God prevails. In great contests each party claims to act in accordance with the will of God. Both may be, and one must be, wrong. God cannot be for and against the same thing at the same time." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Currently I play the following...

WW2 in 20mm;

Far East - Burma Theatre
            Late War - North West Europe & Eastern Front
            Early War - Norway, France & Eastern Front

Moderns in 20mm

Vietnam
            Balkan Wars
            Twilight 2000

Moderns in 6mm

Indo-Pakistan Wars
            Ogaden War
            Iran-Iraq War
            Cold War turned Hot...

Other periods I play are...

American Civil War
            World War One
            Sci-Fi
            Fantasy
            Boosh, Boosh... Stronger than a Moose

Comment

Back in the days when I had the time and the capability

1/300 'Ultra Modern' using 'Challenger' (good for small engagements) and 'Wargame Research Group' (simpler and so better for the larger battles) rulesets was a personal favourite. I think it was the fact that one was speculating about warfare rather than refighting old battles that made it attractive.

I did also enjoy other periods too (WW2 1/300 and 25mm, Napoleonic 25mm, Medieval 15mm, amongst others).
              Signing out.

Comment

Me and my dad play Take Cover! for 20mm:1/72 WWII. I'd like to find a good company/battalion level game.

Twilight 2000? That sounds really interesting!
                The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Take Cover! is a good game... I know the guy who wrote it.

If you are into 20mm gaming check out The Guild Forum...

http://theguild.informe.com/index.php

All my Twilight2000 'Work-in-progress' stuff is in the members area...

Comment

Cool. I've got the RPG 1st and most of the 2nd editions... its a bit complicated but I love the setting!
                    The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Comment

Yup... I know how you feel. I have just taken the background and exploited it for my wargamming needs!

Comment

Well it'd make an awesome hypothetical WW3 game

Comment

Originally posted by comm. waffle View Post
                          Axis and Allies is great. Because after about 3 or 4 days of intense stardigies and tacitics, when you win, its hilarous to see your friend(s) get all ma and throw stuff around..unless its my house
                          ahhahaha! nice.

yea, Axis and Allies is great.
                          "Since when do you have to tell the enemy when he has won?"
                          -Mazer Rackham to Ender ("Ender's Game" pg. 262)

Comment

Originally posted by Tredegar View Post
                            I have always been partial to Napoleonics. I used to play Empire 3 back in the 80's. Now my minis are sitting in the garage collecting dust. I am thinking about EBaying them off.
                            Post some pics - maybe we can save you the EBay comission ... & I am serious... can always use more minis esp 15 or 10 mm.
                            Tray Green

www.abandofgamers.com

Battlefield Tours for Wargamers
                            Normandy 2007
                            ACW Border Wars 2008
                            Bulge 2008

Comment

Originally posted by Full Monty View Post
                              Back in the days when I had the time and the capability

1/300 'Ultra Modern' using 'Challenger' (good for small engagements) and 'Wargame Research Group' (simpler and so better for the larger battles) rulesets was a personal favourite. I think it was the fact that one was speculating about warfare rather than refighting old battles that made it attractive.

I did also enjoy other periods too (WW2 1/300 and 25mm, Napoleonic 25mm, Medieval 15mm, amongst others).
                              Challenger... that brings back some memories... that and Tractics (caculate everything but the effect of the fly the shell hit on the way down range) . I just took a bunch of 1/285 WWII armor off a friend (to keep him from ebaying them) and he had 75-100 mixed peices of modern armor in there.. I am halfway tempted to check on EBay and see if I can find a copy
                              Tray Green

www.abandofgamers.com

Battlefield Tours for Wargamers
                              Normandy 2007
                              ACW Border Wars 2008
                              Bulge 2008

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X