Civil War boardgames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil War boardgames

Wondering if anyone can help me here. I had at one time two hex-based board games based on the Civil war. One was called "On to Richmond" and dealt with the pens. campaign. The other I can't remember the name but I do know that it had four maps with it. They were Shiloh, South Mtn., Gettysburg, and Chick. (not even going to try the spelling ). I was wondering if anybody out there might know who made or makes it and what the name is. Hopefully if I can get the information then I can look for a new copy on the net. Thanks for all the help.

Is it one of these?

Great Campaigns of the American Civil War
    AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
    The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

I think the game you are describing is called "War of the Rebellion", a Richard Berg Game System published by Decision Games in 1993. Hope this helps.

Comment

War of the Rebellion

Thanks for the help. I went to Decision's website and looked up that game. I think it sounds the same. Also opened up avenues for other periods in history.

Comment

The other set was an old quad game system originally put out by SPI (Simulations Publications Incorporated, used to publish the Strategy & Tactics magazine) back in the 70's. Not that I remember, of course. But anyway, I recently bought a set of these off of Ebay, just for the nostalgia.

Not like anyone plays these things anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
            The other set was an old quad game system originally put out by SPI (Simulations Publications Incorporated, used to publish the Strategy & Tactics magazine) back in the 70's. Not that I remember, of course. But anyway, I recently bought a set of these off of Ebay, just for the nostalgia.

Not like anyone plays these things anymore.
            Oh people still play them but SPI's Civil War Quad included Antietam instead of South Mountain.
            "Put guards on all the roads, and don't let the men run to the rear."
            Major General John Buford's final words on his deathbed.

Comment

Originally posted by Texbull01 View Post
              Wondering if anyone can help me here. I had at one time two hex-based board games based on the Civil war. One was called "On to Richmond" and dealt with the pens. campaign. The other I can't remember the name but I do know that it had four maps with it. They were Shiloh, South Mtn., Gettysburg, and Chick. (not even going to try the spelling ). I was wondering if anybody out there might know who made or makes it and what the name is. Hopefully if I can get the information then I can look for a new copy on the net. Thanks for all the help.
              On To Richmond is part of Avalon Hill's Great Campaigns of the Civil War, now under license to MMP.
              "I mean, this is the Internet, sir; keep your arguments specious and myopic." -- Kevin Smith

Visit Multi-Man Publishing at http://www.multimanpublishing.com

Comment

Blue & Gray

I believe the game you are referring to is SPI's Blue & Gray.

Tom

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X