DreamBlade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DreamBlade?

I saw this game for the first time yesterday, and bought a starter pack. I haven't yet had time to get into it (one reason because I am on this website) so I thought I would ask if any of you guys have played it, and wether you think it is worth further invesement.

It is from WOTC, so it can't be all good.

Dreamblade

First I've heard of it...
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Thanks for the web link. There is a nice learning sim there.

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
        Thanks for the web link. There is a nice learning sim there.
        Just saw this thread, so you'll excuse me if my post is too late to do you any good.

I've only played a couple of times, so you can take anything I say with a grain of salt.

I find the game a little too abstract for my tastes. I like the way you build your forces, and there is certainly a lot of variety in the abilities of the different units. FWIW, I am not completely turned off by the collectibility aspect of the game, like many people might be, although I have become pretty tired of that approach to gaming. But the games play relatively quickly, so it's not like you have to devote an entire evening to get in your fix.

It's just not that interesting to me to fight over non-descript squares on a blank battlefield, so to speak.

If it were me, I would collect enough units to allow at least a little customization of the opposing forces so that I could have a fairly interesting two player game. If I have to spend more than $50 to get a reasonable two player game out of a collectible system, I start to get nervous.

But that's just me.

Tim
        "I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. I just kiss. I don't even wait. You can do anything... Grab them by the [redacted]. You can do anything."
        -The President of the United States of America.

Comment

I agree. That is why I quit playing Magic, as soon as you put together a good deck design they would ban it with new additions and set retirement or rules changes, all designed to just make you buy more cards. Same reason I quit playing Mechwarrior and MageKnight. I do, however, like the tabletop miniature games, so I probably will invest to few bucks into this.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
            I do, however, like the tabletop miniature games, so I probably will invest to few bucks into this.
            Thanks.
            I've collected my fair share of MechWarrior and DnD minis. Don't ask me how much I've spent on Flames of War.

Have you seen Battlefield Evolution?

Prepainted miniatures...workable box set armies...interesting near future historical context.

It looks really cool.

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/ho...p?qsSeries=47#

Tim
            "I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. I just kiss. I don't even wait. You can do anything... Grab them by the [redacted]. You can do anything."
            -The President of the United States of America.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X