game piece backing???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• game piece backing???

i'm new to ACG, What is the best way to mount the game pieces for VoT to a cardboard backing and produce some sharp game pieces?

Tanks, Lester555

I print them on cardstock, then glue the front and back sheets to a third sheet of cardstock.

Comment

Lester,
      Check out this link:

http://www.consimworld.com/newsroom/..._mounting.html

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Lester555
        i'm new to ACG, What is the best way to mount the game pieces for VoT to a cardboard backing and produce some sharp game pieces?

Tanks, Lester555
        I actually just finished doing this and I think I got some reasonably nice results, although it took quite awhile.

I bought a couple of 5/8 inch counter sheets from Noble Knight Games. I took the PDF file to OfficeDepot and paid for high quality color prints on cardstock. I also bought a glue called "The Perfect Glue" graded for paper and wood (it comes in a few different varieties).

I cut out all the counters individually and use some 'Perfect Glue' to mount them on to the blank counters I had bought. It takes a little work to get just enough glue on the counter and center 2 sides. Unfortunately the printed VoT counters are just smaller than 5/8 inch so after you glue one side of the counter on to the blank counter, you then have to use scissors to trim off the excess blank.

After it's dried, you flip the glued counters over and glue on the other side.

For the map, I used an old cereal box. I put a bunch of glue on the cereal box
        and put a map on the front and back. After it's dried you trim the box down to the map.

This all took around 4-8 hours. I think there's probably a faster way to do it, but this was all fairly good quality...Some of the counters aren't centered perfectly and the cardboard backed maps can bend and bow a bit, but it generally is a reasonable approximation of a professionally printed copy.

I think probably a simpler way would be to buy spray adhesive and mount the counter sheets to cardboard before trimming to individual counters. This way you'd have to make sure you mount the sheets very exactly so that everything would line up properly... a small margin of error would mean most of your counters would line up wrong.
        Errant Knight Music

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X