Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Civilization (The AH Boardgame) How Many Here Play It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilization (The AH Boardgame) How Many Here Play It?

How many of us on these forums play the Avalon Hill boardgame version of Civilization or Adv. Civilization? The game is now approaching some 20 years of age and I find I still enjoy it, it's a great family type game. I've been wondering about who here plays because the thought has crossed my mind that if there were enough, perhaps a sort of tournament might be encouraged amongst the players here. The only drawback would be that there might not be enough people willing to act as Game Masters (GM's) to get the job done. Pbem would be the requisite means of accomplishing the task, and though the job would be simple enough, it would be time consuming for a GM. I'd be willing to serve as GM for one game, but couldn't do so for a tourments worth.

But, first there would have to be enough players to be interested.

So, how many here play and would be interested?

Tom
    Old Soldiers Magazine

Played it for years with my teenage kids. One of them took it when they left home so I haven't seen since.
    Boston Strong!

Comment

Civilization

Haven't played it in a while , but have always enjoyed it. Pbm might be worth looking into.

Comment

I've played it, and liked it. Been years. Sadly wasn't my copy.
        Life is change. Built models for decades.
        Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
        I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

It is a wonderful game. I wish it was possible to get advanced a little bit cheaper on eBay.
          "When they get in trouble they send for the sonsabitches." - Admiral King

Comment

Enjoyed a wonderful night of it with my 2 sons about a year ago.

Comment

History of the World

Yep, A great game that was good for family and non-wargamers.

Like others that have posted I no longer have a copy.

Put a lot of time in this one and AH's History or the World. Both had some value for educating and interesting young players into boardgaming.
              "Put guards on all the roads, and don't let the men run to the rear."
              Major General John Buford's final words on his deathbed.

Comment

I have Civ, but haven't been able to acquire Advanced Civ yet. One of the great AH games. I am hoping I will get an opportunity to play more since I have found a gaming club here in Phoenix.
                "When they get in trouble they send for the sonsabitches." - Admiral King

Comment

Civilization

Always enjoyed the game haven't played it in some time though.

Comment

I have played it a couple of times. With 6 players you are talking about an all-day event. History of the World or Brittania were just as good only shorter.
                    "The will of God prevails. In great contests each party claims to act in accordance with the will of God. Both may be, and one must be, wrong. God cannot be for and against the same thing at the same time." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X