No announcement yet.

Interest in Designing a New Boardgame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interest in Designing a New Boardgame?

I've been mulling this over, and I'm interested in persuing the creation of a new boardgame. I've played many and used many for research, and I would like to try my hand at solid, tangible artwork, but I can also do a great deal of research. Those of you who don't know, I do all of the artwork for my computer games built around the ATF gaming engine (links in my sig), and my latest, The Star and the Crescent, is a good example of my artistic endeavours, although the stuff I'm doing on another game is even better.

I guess what I'm asking is if there are any boardgame designers in need of detailed and aesthetically pleasing maps? I'm very cheap, and often even free!

Thanks,

Curt

I have entertained thoughts of that especially since VASSAL came out BUT so far they are only that "thoughts".
    [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

Comment

Could it be possible to create a Cold War game based around our time in Baumholder that could rival NATO Division Commander or Air & Armor?

Comment

That would be quite an ambitious project.
        [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

Comment

Ongoing Map Projects

Howdy,

You may or may not be aware of Old Soldiers Magazine, which I own and publish. You'll find a forum for us here at ACG. I've had a couple of people submit articles for the magazine that require extensive map artwork. I can do them, but I don't have the time to devote to them. I've been working on one, and have a good start, but the other is just sitting awaiting my attention. You mentioned Free, I surely don't have the money to pay my authors in much more than free subscriptions, which has been ok by them so far. I don't charge much for the magazine, or for the game accessories I make. I do them mostly for the enjoyment of the gaming world, and cut costs down as close to the actual cost as I can calculate. I wondered if you might be up for to doing some map artwork for a magazine article or two?

I've also have an idea or two for expansions to existing game systems that could use your work.

Thanks,
          Tom Cundiff
          Old Soldiers Magazine

Comment

Contact email sent, Tom!

Curt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X