X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's awfully quiet in here.

I hear a reverbration in the room.
    "I'm all ears." - Dolph Lundgren

Don't worry...things will pick up over the next few weeks. We have a lot of exciting changes in the pipeline.

Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

So there'll be gaming stuff over here as well?

Reason I ask is it may get confusing at least in my case as I have a custom title. No point being listed as SP Forum Staff if there is no SP stuff (section-wise) over here. Just looking things over and trying to guess how things will pan out after the smoke clears.
      Last edited by Double Deuce; 11 Jan 06, 23:58.
      [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

Comment

Originally posted by Siberian HEAT
        Don't worry...things will pick up over the next few weeks. We have a lot of exciting changes in the pipeline.

We can't wait!
        "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

What happened to the Strategy zone on line? That site directed me here. Is this an ASL blog too? Hello?

Comment

Originally posted by Khill
            What happened to the Strategy zone on line? That site directed me here. Is this an ASL blog too? Hello?
            The SZO forums are currently undergoing maintenance, but they will be running separately to the military history forums here.

Dr. S.
            Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

So Doc, is this a business partnership realignment between SZO and ACG?
              "I mean, this is the Internet, sir; keep your arguments specious and myopic." -- Kevin Smith

Visit Multi-Man Publishing at http://www.multimanpublishing.com

Comment

When can the faithful expect to see the SZO forum up and running?

Comment

Originally posted by Larry
                  When can the faithful expect to see the SZO forum up and running?
                  I'm guessing that won't be until all the ACG forums stuff has been separated out and up and running smoothly. Dividing the single database into the 2 halves will not be an easy task and I am sure they don't want to lose anything in the process.

Just guessing though!
                  [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

Comment

...be vewy vewy qwiet....we're hunting wabbits...

Comment

Originally posted by Double Deuce
                      I'm guessing that won't be until all the ACG forums stuff has been separated out and up and running smoothly. Dividing the single database into the 2 halves will not be an easy task and I am sure they don't want to lose anything in the process.

Just guessing though!
                      So SZO and ACG are parting ways? Or just realigning the business model?

K
                      "I mean, this is the Internet, sir; keep your arguments specious and myopic." -- Kevin Smith

Visit Multi-Man Publishing at http://www.multimanpublishing.com

Comment

... or gwouse ...

Comment

Looks like the everyone has bailed to the SZO forums....
                          Kevin Kenneally
                          Masters from a school of "hard knocks"
                          Member of a Ph.D. Society (Post hole. Digger)

Comment

sigh.....I know what you mean.
                            I wasn't going to say it.....
                            "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

These threads are always interesting. The forums experience some change, and it seems no one gets the memo there will be a few weeks worth of sorting out.

It doesn't happen over night (wish I was able to sort out messes at that speed hehe).

One thing I have noticed since the parting of the forums.

Since I realised the benefits of selecting the "New Posts" option, I have come to realise, that Strategy Zone, should be called the "ASL Zone... and some other games"
                              It's fairly clear, ASL is the dominant game there, gets like 50% or more of the daily thread traffic (if not actual post totals).

Have not been able to isolate the dominant strain here at ACG though.

But since the split, I have come to realise, ACG is a place to talk history and has a good capacity to talk gaming in a non specific title manner. While SZO is really only good if you are obsessed with a specific game.
                              Thus, I would choose SZO for dedicated ASL chats, not here. I would go to SZO if I wanted indepth TOAW or Steel Panthers discussions.
                              But, if I just want to discuss history, or gaming in general, I am likely going to come here.
                              Life is change. Built models for decades.
                              Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                              I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X