Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boardgame publishers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
    (…) and Exploding Kittens ("A card game for people who are into kittens and explosions”)
    Aren't we all

    https://explodingkittens.com/
    Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

    Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
      A truly silly game.


      I'm surprised nobody mentioned GDW?

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Freebird View Post

        A truly silly game.


        I'm surprised nobody mentioned GDW?
        Good point!
        I have a couple of their games, stored with others for now.
        Wonder if they are still around?
        TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
        “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
        Present Current Events are the Future's History

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

          Good point!
          I have a couple of their games, stored with others for now.
          Wonder if they are still around?
          Long gone unfortunately....

          I've run Market Garden (GDW Series 120) on an enlarged map twice at our local gaming convention a couple of times, its a fantastic game.

          First time the Allies got clobbered by the Germans, the second time they were more aggressive and punched all the way across the Rhine.


          BTW, would you be interested in coming up for some Tabletop wargaming?
          We'll be setting up again at the convention in Burnaby BC in April.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Freebird View Post

            Long gone unfortunately....

            I've run Market Garden (GDW Series 120) on an enlarged map twice at our local gaming convention a couple of times, its a fantastic game.

            First time the Allies got clobbered by the Germans, the second time they were more aggressive and punched all the way across the Rhine.


            BTW, would you be interested in coming up for some Tabletop wargaming?
            We'll be setting up again at the convention in Burnaby BC in April.
            IIRC; I was mostly into their Sci-fi games, have Imperium, Fifth Frontier war, and lots of Traveler stuff in storage.
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_D...rs%27_Workshop

            I might be up for that April thing, as long as not near Easter weekend. I'llhave to go thru the van to make sure no loose ammo lying about. I don't have much in way of minatures for tabletop though. We can kick it around. email me maybe.
            TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
            “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
            Present Current Events are the Future's History

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

              IIRC; I was mostly into their Sci-fi games, have Imperium, Fifth Frontier war, and lots of Traveler stuff in storage.
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_D...rs%27_Workshop

              I might be up for that April thing, as long as not near Easter weekend. I'llhave to go thru the van to make sure no loose ammo lying about. I don't have much in way of minatures for tabletop though. We can kick it around. email me maybe.
              Sure, it's April 17, 18, 19 (Fri-Sun) so the weekend after Easter.

              http://www.trumpetersociety.com

              You wouldn't need to bring anything except a strategic brain all miniatures, gaming materials etc are provided by the Game Hosts.

              1496045185.jpg

              I'll send you an email.
              I'll be running Market Garden on Sat evening
              It would be really cool to have an American to represent the Sky Dragons (18th Airborne Corps - 82nd & 101st) this year!


              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Freebird View Post

                Sure, it's April 17, 18, 19 (Fri-Sun) so the weekend after Easter.

                http://www.trumpetersociety.com

                You wouldn't need to bring anything except a strategic brain all miniatures, gaming materials etc are provided by the Game Hosts.

                1496045185.jpg

                I'll send you an email.
                I'll be running Market Garden on Sat evening
                It would be really cool to have an American to represent the Sky Dragons (18th Airborne Corps - 82nd & 101st) this year!

                My gaming experience hasn't included much table top other than D&D, so will have to connect with you on rules and mechanics, etc.
                Sounds fun.
                I've done some hex game versions of Market Garden so recall a bit about the campaign/battle.
                TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
                Present Current Events are the Future's History

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Stratego View Post
                  And if I've forgotten some, let me know...
                  Oy vey... these posts have a character limit, no?

                  I mean, to start with, you missed MMP, who have the ASL franchise, and the OCS/SCS series

                  now, not all of these were active when the original post went up, but still, just off the top of my head....

                  LNLP
                  High Flying Dice
                  Compass Games
                  Decision Games (who have a lot of the old SPI catalog, incl S&T magazine)
                  Revolution Games
                  Hollandspiele
                  Osprey
                  DVG
                  Lost Battalion Games
                  Tiny Battle Publishing
                  Flying Pig Games
                  LPS (incl Turning Point Sims and Against The Odd Magazine, among others)
                  Worthington
                  One Small Step
                  Canvas Temple
                  The Wargaming Company
                  Too Fat Lardies
                  Griggling Games
                  Fiery Dragon Press
                  Valley Games
                  Eagle-Gryphon Games
                  Days of Wonder (M'44)
                  Iello (Heroes of Normandie series)
                  Avalanche Press
                  Minden Games
                  Nuts! Publishing
                  Battles Magazine
                  Pacific Rim
                  New England Sims
                  Quarterdeck International
                  Fort Circle Games
                  Ventonuovo
                  Thin Red Line

                  (note this is just active publishers, so not counting 3W, GDW, SPI, AH, WEG, BayonetGames, etc, or digital publishers)


                  In the event of another forum meltdown, feel free to join us over at www.armchairdragoons.com

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    A Look Into The Wild Economy Of Tabletop Board Game Funding
                    ...
                    Long before the coronavirus pandemic, tabletop board games were having something of a renaissance, with popular games like The Settlers of Catan and Ticket to Ridebecoming mainstream additions to family game nights.

                    Then, COVID-19 hit and, as Quartz reported, it changed how many hobbyist board game creators approached the industry. But for many people who suddenly found themselves stuck at home under lockdown, the pandemic also spurred newfound interest in strategy games that require creativity and concentration. Board game hobbyists had more time to spend learning about new games coming out, while newbies to the scene were discovering a world beyond classics like Monopoly and Clue.

                    Then, on March 30, the board game Frosthaven — the dungeon crawling, highly-anticipated sequel to the hit game Gloomhaven — surpassed its funding goal of $500,000 on Kickstarter in mere hours. Today, it is the most-funded board game on the site ever, with nearly $13 million pledged toward funding the game's development. Only two projects have ever crowdsourced more funding on the site.

                    Frosthaven's success seemed to exemplify a shift that has been happening in the tabletop gaming community for years: toward games that are not only focused on strategy and adventure, but also a new type of funding model where fans have more say than ever in which games move from the idea stage to their living rooms. And hobbyist tabletop games are a different breed of entertainment altogether.
                    ...
                    https://www.npr.org/2020/07/05/88728...=pocket-newtab
                    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                    “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
                    Present Current Events are the Future's History

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      https://twitter.com/ADragoons/status...804446208?s=20


                      Someday, folks like NPR will figure out that wargamers have been using crowdfunding through p500 systems since Kickstarter's founders were in middle school. It's not like crowdfunding is new. It just took everyone else 20 years to catch up.
                      In the event of another forum meltdown, feel free to join us over at www.armchairdragoons.com

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        During the pandemic I couldn't help myself from not purchasing from nobleknight some old SPI war games that I had wanted when I was a kid.

                        https://www.nobleknight.com/

                        a4125312-477a-4e0a-92e4-38c21a8c42a3-noble-knight.jpg?preset=listing-page-slider-desktop.jpg
                        Noble Knight Games was established in 1997, and is known across the gaming world for carrying the world's largest selection of both new and out-of-print tabletop games. Noble Knight has a retail store and play area located in Fitchburg and has weekly gaming events and tournaments for all ages.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Noble Knight is a good company. I have done business with them.

                          Pruitt
                          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

                          Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

                          by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            yeah, I remember when Aaron started out with just an email list of secondhand items he'd picked up and was sharing them in various gaming boards on AOL.com

                            Noble Knight has come a looooooong way.
                            In the event of another forum meltdown, feel free to join us over at www.armchairdragoons.com

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              As best thread for now, some links on Catan;
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catan
                              Large size/giant Catan
                              https://duckduckgo.com/?q=giant+game...=v234-1&ia=web
                              Basic search - Catan
                              https://duckduckgo.com/?q=game+of+ca...=v234-1&ia=web
                              TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                              “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
                              Present Current Events are the Future's History

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X