Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for*security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day.*I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place. Awards it one of the only things that have gone away and won't be coming back. that is due to a limitation of the new hosting.

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie
- Color/Theme changes
-*Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the*Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below.
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

WORST Board Games You Have Played

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is an old SPI Game I have called Red Star White Star which tried to simulate a Warsaw Pact versus NATO war. I think I still have the pieces, but not the instructions. I never could figure out how to play it Solitaire. We had a game when I was a child called Coup d'Etat. We ended up using the Franc notes in Monopoly! We always ran out of currency in Monopoly..

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
      There is an old SPI Game I have called Red Star White Star which tried to simulate a Warsaw Pact versus NATO war. I think I still have the pieces, but not the instructions. I never could figure out how to play it Solitaire. We had a game when I was a child called Coup d'Etat. We ended up using the Franc notes in Monopoly! We always ran out of currency in Monopoly..

Pruitt
      How did you figure the exchange rate?

Extra monopoly currency is available for purchase.
      Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

Comment

The currency was in Francs. We used the 1000, 5000 and 100000 bills if memory serves. We were just kids. We didn't care if the bill was in Dollars or Francs. Why we needed more was we threw all the fines in a pot and doubled the value of landing on Free Parking every time we went there. We needed the money to buy property from each other! If we wanted a color monopoly we would pay for it! A game started in the morning could last all day!

Besides, none of us had any money to buy official Monopoly money! We would have had to know where to send off for some as well.

Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
          Chess is a racist game. Why do White always get to go first?

Chess is pro-monarchy game. Why always two Kings and never any Presidents or Prime Ministers?

Chess is a pro-Christianity game. Why always two Bishops and never a Mullah or a Bad-ass Monk?

Chess is an anti-American game. Why is a castle that can swap places with a King call a Rook? Rook is Persian word for those play pieces but no other pieces use a Persian word and only in English is a Rook a Rook while in other languages it is Castle.

Chess is a sexist game. Why always all Knights and never a single Damsel?

Chess is a feminist game. Why is the King forever a Wuss that needs to protect himself all the time while the mightiest warrior is always the Queen and also the only known female anyway near a gathering of geek chess gamers?

Chess is an elitist game. Why are the commoners always used as Pawns for the more powerful?
          It also doesn't promote Social and Economic Justice. The pieces all have different values with the lowest pieces seen as the most expendable. This establishes a clear class structure that should be eradicated by making the game more like checkers...

Comment

Risk. I hate every aspect of that game.
            "The will of God prevails. In great contests each party claims to act in accordance with the will of God. Both may be, and one must be, wrong. God cannot be for and against the same thing at the same time." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Tredegar View Post
              Risk. I hate every aspect of that game.
              Risk does serve it's purpose. That's how you start a budding wargamer. My first battle type game at age 8 was Stratego which pretty much falls under the same category. But it was the first on my road to Avalon Hill.
              A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Dune is another of those unending games, just when you think that you've won, out come the knives and and the game goes on and on...
                Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                  Dune is another of those unending games, just when you think that you've won, out come the knives and and the game goes on and on...
                  Munchkin sometimes does that too.

A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Yeah but at least that's a fun game. And I've won by waiting till my turn, selling stuff to go level nine and coasting to victory. (After everybody spent their hate on others...)

'I'm not a threat, I'm only level 8...'
                    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I really enjoy Munchkin. But you need the right company. You play it for the social contact, not for the game.

Comment

We just didn't 'get' gunslinger at all.
                        I played Gunslinger with some friends last summer. I found it to be one of the most tedious, procedure driven game I've ever played. Ugh. Cowboys is much better.
                        Blackcloud6

Refighting World War II - One hex at a time!

Comment

Working...
                        X