Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 250,000 miniature Waterloo game

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...796_story.html

Flowers are in full spring bloom outside Bruce Weigle’s Alexandria home, but inside it’s the dead of winter: January 1871 to be exact.
    Weigle is refereeing a step-back-in-time battle from the Franco-Prussian War being waged by Bob Williams and Tim Tilson — pretend Prussian commanders — and Steve St. Clair and Dave Cashin — their faux French counterparts. Dice rolls and data cards determine troop movements and casualties. War without gore.
    AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
    The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

I can't image the time it took to paint that many 6mm minis.
    [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

Comment

nice
      BE PURE! BE VIGILANT! BEHAVE!

Comment

I don't even understand minis to begin with. I play Warhammer with cardboard. Nuts.

Comment

The chap must have been inspired by British Captain William Siborne who in 1844 built a model, to a scale of nine feet to a mile on a table top 27' 4" by 19' 8" with a surface area of 240 square feet. He had approximately 70,000 figures depicting the Waterloo battlefield at 7:15 when the Imperial Guard assaulted the Allied line.

Siborne is known to us for the Waterloo letters which he solicited from commanders and participants to capture their exact positions for the model.
          Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X