ACG SASL: Norwegian Patrol > ENEMY TURN 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACG SASL: Norwegian Patrol > ENEMY TURN 2

OK, here is the map at the start of the Norwegian (ENEMY) Turn 2. They will be firing and/or moving this part of the turn. This includes movement of the Suspected Enemy (S? counters).

Since its not your turn you cannot move but you can engage against any moving (while exposed) ENEMY units.

NOTE: You can only attempt to Self Rally a single broken squad (you have 2 that are not stacked with a Leader).

Your options are very limit but are posted in the Poll in this thread. Since your options are limited the poll will only stay open 4 days.

You need to choose 1 option for EACH Platoon/Section (either the A, B, C or D choice for as available). Even if your choose "Do not engage" or "Take no action" all units will defend themselves if assaulted. They will not sit by and be overrun. I will play out their actions that would be in their best interest and based on the poll results.
    1st Platoon [A] > Rally 1st Squad. Form Fire Group and engage enemy Squad in 61T1.
    2.44%
    1st Platoon [B] > Rally 1st Squad. Form Fire Group, ignore enemy Squad in 61T1 and engage enemy Squads advancing down road on their position.
    0.00%
    1st Platoon [C] > Rally 1st Squad. 2nd Squad fire on enemy Squad in 61T1. 3rd Squad/LMG engage enemy Squads advancing down road on their position.
    14.63%
    1st Platoon [D] > Rally 1st Squad. Do not engage unless closed on to within Point Blank Fire.
    0.00%
    2nd Platoon [A] > Cover the left flank from Hill 517, target enemy in the woodline. Have 3rd Squad attempt to Self Rally.
    12.20%
    2nd Platoon [B] > Cover the left flank from Hill 517, target enemy in the woodline. Do NOT have 3rd Squad attempt to Self Rally.
    2.44%
    2nd Platoon [C] > Do not engage. Have 3rd Squad attempt to Self Rally.
    2.44%
    2nd Platoon [D] > Do not engage. Do NOT have 3rd Squad attempt to Self Rally.
    0.00%
    3rd Platoon [A] > Engage any enemy closing on 1st Platoon, even at long range.
    7.32%
    3rd Platoon [B] > Engage enemy attemptying to advance on Hills 501/505 (will be at long range).
    2.44%
    3rd Platoon [C] > Do not engage.
    7.32%
    HQ Section [A] > Attempt to Self Rally 1st Squad (half squad). Take no other Action.
    12.20%
    HQ Section [B] > Take no Action.
    2.44%
    MG Section [A] > HMG engage closest units to their position. MMG cover right flank (engage units entering/crossing the Valley).
    12.20%
    MG Section [B] > Both MMG and HMG engage closest units to their position.
    4.88%
    MG Section [C] > Hold fire, unless enemy advances directly on their position.
    0.00%
    Mortar Section [A] > Target Sersjant Engen, 2 Rifle Squads and the Madsen LMG.
    2.44%
    Mortar Section [B] > Target Fenrik Husso, the M1919 Browning .30 caliber MMG and Rifle Squad (will get Hit Bonus for Target Acquisition if they do not Move).
    14.63%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Double Deuce; 21 Aug 12, 17:35.
    [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

Hopefully any typos in the poll have been kept to a minimum this time. Any question please ask.

Also, as I noted in the ACG SASL: Norwegian Patrol General Chat thread;

"I screwed up on the Depression thing. Its actually a Valley and not a Depression so its deeper than a Depression, This means that the trees in it are at Level 0 (Ground Level) and so they do NOT block LOS between units at the regular ground level. This means that the Woods at 61U3 would not block unit LOS for anyone on the Light Tan (Ground) level. Since the Norwegians went first last turn and the rule applied equally and hindered both sides on the whole 1st Turn I will start Turn 2 with the revised LOS change in effect".

Comment

I place a premium on self-rally.

Q: for next round would it be possible that the mortar section brings out smoke
      (to cover movement of 3rd platoon towards Hill 501?)
      BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Sennef View Post
        No, unfortunately the German 50mm Mortars do not have Smoke capability, just HE.

Comment

Since this is the enemy turn we don't get a self rally attempt. We will only get to self rally when its our turn. (unless the self rally orders are for our next rally phase in which case its best to wait until the end of the Norweigan turn to decide).

In general I always go for the self rally with the best chance of getting someone back (ie not affected by DM status).

Comment

Originally posted by Major Sennef View Post
            I place a premium on self-rally.

Agree with MS

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianE View Post
              Since this is the enemy turn we don't get a self rally attempt. We will only get to self rally when its our turn. (unless the self rally orders are for our next rally phase in which case its best to wait until the end of the Norweigan turn to decide).
              Correct, I should have held those till the next poll. Hopefully their number will not increase.

Comment

Turn 2 > ENEMY (Norwegian 1/2)

No changes in the Wind and no ENEMY reinforcements are activated.

Oberleutnant Rosenmeyer fails to rally 1st Squad [1SQ/1/I] of 1st Platoon. Sersjant Engen and his men are unable to fix the malfunction Madsen LMG [61X1] and actually make things worse, permanently malfunctioning the weapon. Now useless, they toss it aside along the road in the mud.

On the far left flank 1st [1SQ/1/I] and 2nd Squad [1SQ/1/I] of 2nd Platoon use their rifles and the MG-34 LMG to defend the hill as they are rushed by several Norwegian squads. Heavy fire forces the Norwegians to take cover in a single wooden building [05R1] about halfway to the German position. About 1/2 of a squad is killed by the German fire but the rest manage to safely make it to the building.

In the center is where the heaviest fighting is concentrated. Oberleutnant Rosenmeyer tries to organize the defense as the Norwegians take time to charge closer to the center strongpoint. Fenric Husso, and his attending Rifle Squad grab up the M1919 Medium Machine Gun and dash into the woods, making their way right up next to 2nd Squad [2SQ/1/I] in the woods at [61S2]. Heavy defensive fire fails to hurt the advancing Norwegians and the Rifle Squad already there [61T1]. Sersjant Engen and his 2 Rifle Squads charge down the road towards Oberleutnant Rosenmeyer's position and are immediately engaged by the 2 German 50mm Mortars. Several shots come close but fail to stop the advancing Norwegians. As Oberleutnant Rosenmeyer and his men open up, they trigger more ENEMY sniper fire and the MMG crew is pinned. They do however manage try break Sersjant Engen and one of his Rifle Squads who run off the road down in some brush n the valley [61X2]. From further back down the road a lone Norwegian Rifle Squad charges down the road, dodging as hail of bullets, managing to make it past Sersjant Engen's joining his surviving squad in the wooded position in the valley [61U3]. Although winded from the charge, they later assume defensive positions along the valley crest. As another group of ENEMY squads advances along the woodline headed for 2nd Squad [2SQ/1/I] they are engaged by the MG-34 HMG. One squad is wiped out in the initial burst and the others are scattered, escaping back deeper into the woods and out of view. As the Germans are pre-occupied with the current ENEMY movement, Sersjant Borja along with 2 Norwegian Rifle Squads creeps in closer along the woodline east of 2nd Squad [2SQ/1/I] attempting to flank their position.

On the far right, Oberleutnant Caracciola and his men watch as Norwegian troops move down into the valley, headed for the gully leading up towards Hill 505. Being so far away Caracciola decides it not worth the risk of jamming the MG-34 LMG, and they continue to hold their fire. Unfortunately the MMG is unable to cover the valley due to being pinned by the sniper fire.

Comment

Just out of curiosity - is this a sort of replay of the fighting around Narvik...?

Fred
                  Saving MacArthur - a book series - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ies_rw_dp_labf
                  River Wide, Ocean Deep - Operation Sealion - https://www.amazon.com/product-revie...owViewpoints=1

Comment

Originally posted by leandros View Post
                    Just out of curiosity - is this a sort of replay of the fighting around Narvik...?

Fred
                    Its more the Campaign in Eastern Norway area between Olso and the Swedish border but without the snow. I switched it to being more muddy than having ground snow, mainly because its the 1st mission and the less extra snow rules, the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Deuce View Post
                      Its more the Campaign in Eastern Norway area between Olso and the Swedish border but without the snow. I switched it to being more muddy than having ground snow, mainly because its the 1st mission and the less extra snow rules, the better.
                      Ah, cool - my father was there with the 2nd Dragoons. As you surely know the situation was rather turned on the head for the Norwegians as the local defense installations were originally oriented eastwards.

These can still be visited and seen on the Western side of, and overlooking, Glomma river. The highway to Sweden has recently been moved much farther South.

Have fun!

Fred
                      Saving MacArthur - a book series - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ies_rw_dp_labf
                      River Wide, Ocean Deep - Operation Sealion - https://www.amazon.com/product-revie...owViewpoints=1

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X