Victory Point Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victory Point Games

Have any of you guys played any of the Victory Point wargames? I've never played a game like that before but I have my eye on their D-Day ones!

Welcome to the forums MisterMetis.
    "Ottoman Sunset" was played here collectively and with great enthusiasm on this same subforum "Board & Table Top Gaming" till about a month ago. Just scroll down
    BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

I have about two dozen of their games. I'm developing a game based on Beaumont Hamel for their Death or Glory series. It should be the second game in the series but I need to get cracking on it. They are small, portable, and easy to play. They're excellent for putting in your book bag and playing in the coffee shop. Some of them have some interesting mechanics. Their Gold Banner series has excellent component quality. You can look up the rules, maps, etc... on the VPG website to see what you enjoy. Some of them have VASSAL modules - that's a big plus for me. I quite enjoy them. They are a little expensive for what you get - but most DTP games are. If you order them, order more than one at a time to save on shipping - that helps a lot. Get one of their multi-game packages in the 'sale' section of their drop down menu. The Juno game is historically innacurate and if that'll bug you avoid it. It's actually the first one I played. It's worth picking up a few.

I picked up their Levee en Masse for my IPod yesterday. It's simple but I love the historical card content. I feel an urge to play it with Wikipedia open. If you want to step up a bit GMT has some deluxe versions of VPG titles on pre-order. No Retreat! The Russian Front is fantastic.
      Last edited by Duncan; 19 Aug 12, 10:12.

Comment

The Drive on Metz One of their more simple games

D-Day: Juno I have a copy now - but when I first played this I printed off a copy of the rules from the VPG site to read before game day. It was nice to be able to learn the game before playing. Saved time.

The GMT deluxe version of No Retreat! The Russian Front.
        Last edited by Duncan; 19 Aug 12, 12:37.

Comment

Ottoman Sunset and Israeli Indipendence (States of Siege Series) on the table. A good representation of the old components. Still quite good quality components.

In Magnificent Style (Death or Glory Series) with better map stock and lazer cut counters.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
            The Drive on Metz One of their more simple games
            [IMG]http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/543574_10150826185771898_1529042781_n.jpg
            Drive on Metz was a DJim Dunnigan design that he included free in his Complete Wargame Handbook. I guess this company got the rights to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunnigan View Post
              Drive on Metz was a DJim Dunnigan design that he included free in his Complete Wargame Handbook. I guess this company got the rights to it.
              That's how they started I believe.

Comment

Review of Empires in America at GrogHeads

http://grogheads.com/rev-eia.html
                In the event of another forum meltdown, feel free to join us over at www.armchairdragoons.com

Comment

I have "Zulus on the Ramparts" which is pretty fun. Solitaire game plays in 15-30 minutes.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X