What happened to War at Sea?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to War at Sea?

You know, for the longest time, all I heard anyone talk about was Axis & Allies War at Sea. Now, crickets. Anyone now if the game is still hot, or is it pushing daisies.
    http://www.militarywargaming.com

"The Golden Rule of War, Speed - Simplicity - Boldness" -- General George S. Patton, Jr

Well, they're releasing the "Surface Action" set on October 25th, so people must still be interested. WOTC is a very profit motivated company.

I actually use the minis for Victory at Sea from Mongoose.

Comment

WaS is still profitable for WotC. They are still supporting and producing minis for the game, unlike AAM which is unsupported and its next set on hold until 2012.
      I've always wanted to go to Switzerland to see what the army does with those little red knives.
      ~Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Whiterook View Post
        Now, crickets.
        Great line!

Comment

I chatting with some folks from WotC a while back.

The problem with War at Sea wasn't that it was unpopular, it was that there were only X many historical ships made. There comes a point when they will have built every ship made in WWII and every ship that was on the design blocks.

Then there's just plain fantasy.

I don't know what's in this latest expansion but they're probably starting to run a bit low on historical ships - unless they decide to recreate Dunkirk or something...
          RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X