Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Cosmic Supremacy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmic Supremacy

The Game Cosmic Supremacy just released publicly. Its a space strategy game that focuses on war and diplomacy.

This game is really unique compared to other games IMO. It has a 3d interface!...also..you dont have to be online alot to do well. Micromanagement has been limited in this game.

It really worth checking out if your into these kind of games

-chrisadamley
    Last edited by Jim H. Moreno; 12 Jun 09, 10:01.

While the concept of a 4X MMO intrigues me, I'd need to see some 3rd party reviews before trying it.

Comment

yeah i played that during the beta (was known as Space Civilizations at the time) and I thought it was pretty sweet. Its basically turn-based, but at set time intervals. (one hour for normal galaxies, 30 mins or less per turn for speed galaxies)

Its true that there are no professional reviews yet, but the game was in development for almost 5 years, and just came out of beta testing, so professional reviews probably will happen before long.

Comment

Well I can only report from my own personal experience after playing it for a couple of weeks. The game feels like a mix of master of orion and civilization in space. You control dozens of planets and hundreds of ships, which you can group together to fleets. The 3d galaxy is awesome, and I like that you see the entire "playground" when you zoom out with all ships in it, though in later stages that may get a little overwhelming.

They have a "governor" and "admiral" feature, which are essentially scripts that allow to to control how planets grow, and how masses of ships should act together. You create those scripts with a very intuitive point and click system. That feature reduces micromanagement a great deal. The community is small but very friendly and helpful, with an extremely active admin! They have an extensive and professional Wiki section, that describes the game in a lot of detail. Overall I can only recommend to check out this game if you are into turn based space strategy games!

Comment

After playing the game for a couple of days,I have to say the game is great. I haven't gotten into any battles yet,but the exploration part of the game is awesome.
          If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

erm this is a turn based strategy game... just cause there are so many specific forums lolz

Comment

very great game

i like the ship customization the best

Comment

Hey, this is a pretty good game.

I just got started, but so far its a refined MOO 2.

Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Its hacked.

It was a good concept though.

But its no fun when the others can cheat.
                  Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I've just signed up. It looks good so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                      Its hacked.

It was a good concept though.

But its no fun when the others can cheat.
                      From your post I get the impression you suspect there is a whole lot of cheating going on? What do you base this on?
                      I am playing in ranked galaxies, and I'm 99% certain there is no cheating happening at all, since the game layout is preventing that too a large degree. What would a second account help you (and I guess that's what you are referring to), if they are both located at opposite sides of the galaxy?

Comment

I have been talking with the Admin of this game. (Quite nice people btw)

And he assures me that the hack would be quite difficult to do.

So I will withdraw my claim.

Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X