Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hours Of War

Hey guys,
    I found a great game recently called Hours Of War. It is a WW2 browser based multiplayer game, which is great fun and free to play.

In Hours of War, you build your career as a military commander, and battle alongside and against your friends in epic World War II battles. Try your skills in Allied landing in Normandy 1944, the Battle of the Bulge, or Soviet mass offensive against Finland at Tali-Ihantala 1944!

Massively Multiplayer
    All game scenarios and campaigns are multiplayer, ranging from 40 player positions to hundreds of player positions. Later on we will have thousands of players battling on certain campaigns.
    A browser with Flash 10 is all you need. No other downloads or installations required. Runs on PC, MAC and Linux.

Commanding others
    In the game, if you are playing any other position than Battalion commander (lowest commanding position, and the most tactic one), you will most probably have direct human player subordinates. You will use the in-game commanding tools like mail, drawing tools, and chat, to explain the objectives to other players.

War strategy
    Hours of War is a war strategy game, which contains many levels both strategic and more tactical. In the biggest future campaigns, you may play as a High Commander, e.g. commanding all Allied or Axis troops in Normandy, whose individual units are played by other human players, or down to the Battalion Commander level. Battalion Commander typically commands 3-5 companies directly.

http://www.hoursofwar.com
    Last edited by Hcoleman; 22 Jan 10, 17:08.

This game somehow got a trojan horse virus on my computer at set-up so everyone be careful!
    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Hi dgfred,

as one of the developers of the game, I can assure you there is no trojan horse.

About 4 months ago we had a report from one of our players:
      "I tried to run the beta version of the game, and panda keeps neutralizing swf.b as a trojan, and denies me access to the application. Could you please advise?"

We contacted Panda security, and seems that Panda users have had lot of problems with browser Flash games in general.
      Panda investigated and replied, that it was a false identification caused by their software, and that it would be fixed in future update. And they did fix it.

If you would be able to tell us which antivirus software you are using, and what version, and possible (if able to) what kind of warning message you got, we would appreciate a lot & will contact the antivirus software developer to get this fixed.

Thanks,
      Miikka
      Executive Producer / Hours of War

Comment

Hi miikka,
        I use Avast and Ad-aware for my computer. Sorry if I was hasty proclaiming a virus but wanted others to know asap if it was the case.
        Best regards, Greg
        SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Why can I not get the sight to come up on my browser??

scotty
          SCOTTY

Comment

Neither can I. The link appears to be dead.
            Silent Hunter UK
            Member of Phoenix Roleplaying

Personal Blog

Comment

The game is dead, they ran out of funding.
              In a swamp scum rises to the top

Comment

Working...
              X