Neptune's Pride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neptune's Pride

Anybody here playing the browser game Neptune's Pride? I stumbled across this game when Rock Paper Shotgun launched a series of funny AARs (which you can read here). I gave it a try but wasn't expecting much. I was wrong! It really is a lot of fun. Basically, it is like Diplomacy in space, with a bit of the 1990's cult favorite Stars! thrown in.

You can learn more here.

I also just wrote a quick review here, as well as doing an interview with the dev here (yes, I really like this game ). While it doesn't have any of the chrome of, say, Sins of a Solar Empire or Sword of the Stars, what it does have is a lot of old-school fun. And it's free (for a basic game)! What more could you want?
    Burke's Joystick: Because Edmund Burke would have been a gamer.

Frustratingly addictive :P
    Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

Originally posted by Khryses View Post
      Frustratingly addictive :P
      You can say that again! I just started another game.

Comment

Here's a shot from my current game:

On the left we have my fleet Proxima 1; on the right, Azelfafage's Tear. Proxima 1 will reach the enemy planet in 8 hours and 20 minutes (that's real world time!) and AT in 7 hours. I hope I can pull this off. I don't have long range scanning, so I don't know what to expect when my fleet's arrive.

Counting the hours....

BTW: this is what is so great about NP. Running in real time, the simplest strategy becomes a real nail-biter!
        Last edited by Rooks Bailey; 24 May 10, 23:20.

Comment

I've always been a fan of letting the enemy strike first... or rather, letting them commit their forces then beat them all to their destinations. Especially fun when they're building up and you dart across and seize their destination world, then smash their larger fleet in detail.

Heh, 'always' - I've only played the two games. Will probably get back into it again before long.
          Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

I like to do something similar: wait for the enemy fleet to depart towards me, then dispatch my fleet to take the world they just left! If you do it right, you can ping-pong this and grind them down to the point where you can drop the hammer on the original fleet by bringing in some reinforcements that close the trap door.

BTW: Took the two planets.

Comment

Signed up for this. Looks like great fun.
              Silent Hunter UK
              Member of Phoenix Roleplaying

Personal Blog

Comment

It is. I haven't played in a few months, but every time I do, I have fun! Good luck!

(As for me, I'm currently on a GalCiv II kick. )

Comment

Playing a game at the moment. Getting steamrollered by the probable victor, but it's pretty good.
                  Silent Hunter UK
                  Member of Phoenix Roleplaying

Personal Blog

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X