Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Armored Brigade: Free Wargame

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armored Brigade: Free Wargame

Armored Brigade

Just spotted this free wargame that was mentioned in an article over at RPS. Sounds interesting:

Overview:
    Armored Brigade is a freeware tactical wargame, focusing on realism and playability.

Main features:

Real-time engine
    Time period: 1987
    Nationalities: Finland, FRG, USA, USSR
    Lowest level unit is a single team/vehicle
    Dynamic AI
    Maximum map size about 15x15 kilometers
    Artillery with several munition types
    Close air support, air defences. Air-to-air engagements are possible
    Fortifications, obstacles and breaching
    Dynamic time of day and variable visibility, wind and ground conditions
    Night vision equipment, smoke generators, illumination flares
    Unit morale, experience level and fatigue, command delay
    External XML database for the armies, units, weapons etc.
    Battle and map generator
    3D sound engine

Planned:

Wider time-frame: 1939-1945, 1965-1991
    More nationalities
    Scenarios and editors
    Linux and Mac OS-X support

Finland has an army?
    If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

I have an older version of this game, I think. Seems like it was pretty good...
      "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

I tried an earlier version and it did not play well on my system at the time. Has anyone run it on Vista or Win7?
        Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
          I tried an earlier version and it did not play well on my system at the time. Has anyone run it on Vista or Win7?
          I was playing on Vista. Had a few issues, bugs or whatever, but not enough to keep me away from playing long, fun games. Occasional starting problems, and a couple of crashes. Seems like I had the same problems with one of my Panzer General games, and cured by only starting using the main file, not the desktop shortcut (or was it the other way around?)...

I downloaded the latest version last night, I'll try it out on Windows 7 tonight if I get time and let you know.

I'm curious to see what they did, when I played it they only had USA and USSR to choose from.
          "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

I'm trying it on Win&, but so far cannot get anything to work.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Just dowloaded it...it works for now.
              It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge.

Косово је Србија!
              Never go to war with a country whose national holiday celebrates a defeat in 1389.

Armored Brigade

Armored Brigade Facebook page

Comment

For now,it is also fun

Косово је Србија!
                Never go to war with a country whose national holiday celebrates a defeat in 1389.

Armored Brigade

Comment

Originally posted by nikolas93TS View Post
                  Just dowloaded it...it works for now.
                  What hardware and OS are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Legate View Post
                    Finland has an army?
                    Ever hear of The Winter War? When the giant red army invaded Finland during WW2. The Fins invented the molotov cocktail during this war and though HEAVILY outnumbered AND outgunned, they stopped the Soviet advances later in the 105 day war. Also during this was the greatest sniper of all time, Simo Hayha. Dubbed "The White Death" by the Red Army, Hayha recorded 505 confirmed kills during the 105 day war. This is the highest number of recorded kills by any sniper, ever. He did this using iron sights on a modified mosin-nagant that he modified himself because he was only 5 ft 3. Hayha was shot in the jaw and the bullet exited his head. His fellow soldiers brought him to the rear with "half his head missing." He regained conciousness seven days later and was promoted from Cpl to 2LT haha

EDIT: He also had an additional 200 confirmed kills with his sub machine gun. I didn't know that and now he is even more badass in my mind hahaha.
                    Last edited by TheDesertFox; 26 Dec 11, 21:33.

Comment

I have Armored Brigade v496 running on my 64 bit laptop and 32 bit pc both running fine. Can anyone tell me if this is the latest version?
                      There's No Such Thing As "Only A Simulation"

Comment

Originally posted by TheDesertFox View Post
                        Ever hear of The Winter War? When the giant red army invaded Finland during WW2. The Fins invented the molotov cocktail during this war and though HEAVILY outnumbered AND outgunned, they stopped the Soviet advances later in the 105 day war. Also during this was the greatest sniper of all time, Simo Hayha. Dubbed "The White Death" by the Red Army, Hayha recorded 505 confirmed kills during the 105 day war. This is the highest number of recorded kills by any sniper, ever. He did this using iron sights on a modified mosin-nagant that he modified himself because he was only 5 ft 3. Hayha was shot in the jaw and the bullet exited his head. His fellow soldiers brought him to the rear with "half his head missing." He regained conciousness seven days later and was promoted from Cpl to 2LT haha

EDIT: He also had an additional 200 confirmed kills with his sub machine gun. I didn't know that and now he is even more badass in my mind hahaha.
                        Although Finland had a decent regional army in 1987, nothing you said has any relevance to the 1987 timeframe.
                        Кто там?
                        Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
                        Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
                          Although Finland had a decent regional army in 1987, nothing you said has any relevance to the 1987 timeframe.

Planned:

Wider time-frame: 1939-1945, 1965-1991
                          More nationalities
                          Scenarios and editors
                          Linux and Mac OS-X support

I think I posted this year(s?) ago. I also suggested the guy to start a forum originally. I have contributed to something
                          In a swamp scum rises to the top

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
                            What hardware and OS are you using?
                            AMD Athlon X2 4850e dual core,M2N motherboard,nVidia GeForce 7900 GTX,2 GB of RAM (yes I know,for 80Ä more I can make much stronger configuration with larger RAM,but I don't need it right now ).

But I have Win HP SP3,I lacked money too for buying Vista or Win7

It is working without any problem.

Originally posted by oldmgunner View Post
                            I have Armored Brigade v496 running on my 64 bit laptop and 32 bit pc both running fine. Can anyone tell me if this is the latest version?
                            Current version is 7.16g.

But if you have OS problems,and want more definite version,wait until 20th of March,which is anniversary and probable release of version with ClanLib 2 conversion,which will solve (hopefully) major part of OS issues as well many other bugs.

Generally I liked the game so much that I "joined" the develop group and I am currently working on adding Yugoslavia and Italy.First is roughly 70% done.

It gives you very good realistic and addicting tactical feeling in real time,even if it is still in beta version and helos and infantry are hard to use,it gives you plenty of self-satisfaction.

Косово је Србија!

Armored Brigade

Comment

Thanks nikolas. You system is better than the one I had the last time I tried Armored Brigade. My current system should be more than good enough.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X