No announcement yet.

Firefly Chapter 3- The Badgers Burrow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The problem is we don't know where the Captain is, only this compainion. She's our only link."
    Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade|Ogilvy View Post
      I don't see why we should complicate things needlessly from the outset.
      "Because sometimes it's fun!"

Phaing nods at the boss, "Okay then, let's go! If we can't snatch one Companion then we all might as well give up and become Farmers.
      C'mon Flyboy, I know just where it's at, flattened a village or two there back in the day. Prol'y ain't changed a bit since then.
      By the way, I don't suppose anyone has some Gasoline, lighter fluid and a bunch of Tennis balls, by any chance?"
      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Lighter Fluid I 'av got - I like a Good Cigar sometimes, WEN I can get them.
        Hain't seen one fur a coupla years though.

Tennis Balls ??? TENNIS Balls ???
        You got some ** balls asking iffen we 'ave dem -
        sorry, did not mean to talk bad to a Lady.
        Apologies, Phiang.

Yeh - we should be able ta "borrow" a companion - leastways long enuff ta strike a deal wiv 'er.
        G.M. - Sci Fi Game - the "Krissyverse"
        Darius Jarvinger - Prime Minister of The Phoenix Confederation
        Kris Martins - President of Attican Republic
        Kaar Kristoff - Minister of Interior of The Phoenix Confederation

Comment

Originally posted by Dashy View Post
          "The problem is we don't know where the Captain is, only this compainion. She's our only link."
          the companion uses this ship as birth for her shuttle right? so wherever she is, the serenity won't be far behind. I say we just ask them before we get too caught up in extraneous crap.
          Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
          ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade|Ogilvy View Post
            hang on- but, from what you said, the idea was to use this companion as a bargaining chip to trade for the lassiter. so, why not just approach the captain directly, tell him the score, offer to cut him and his crew in.

should that fail, we have two options to explore; One, we kidnap the companion and actually use her as a bargaining chip, or Two, we approach that merc guy and offer to cut him in generously if he steals the lassiter for us, thereafter keeping able stuck to him like glue in case of a double cross.

I don't see why we should complicate things needlessly from the outset.
            Ah, that is a good plan. Half loaf is better than none.

I admit that I have little real knowledge about the matters of the system. Certainly a man of the galaxy such as this mercenary will understand the advantage to dealing with an established upstanding character such as this Badger fellow. After all, we got a ship out of our last transaction which was more than we had.
            "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
            George Mason
            Co-author of the Second Amendment
            during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

Originally posted by Dashy View Post
              So let us just ask her. I volunteer. She cannot possibly object to directing us to her friend in a mutually beneficial business venture. Far better than killing and stealing all the time.
              "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
              George Mason

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberknight View Post
                So let us just ask her. I volunteer. She cannot possibly object to directing us to her friend in a mutually beneficial business venture. Far better than killing and stealing all the time.
                "Chin...." Phaing's concern is genuine here.
                "I have known people like you, good-intended and all considerate. Almost every one of you is dead now.
                I know what you are thinking, but we don't know these people. I have heard stories, but what I know that is factual would not fill a short paragraph. They might be so shifty that they make Badger look like a Saint.
                Able! You ran into them, talk some sense here, how trustable and worthy are they, really? When it's a whole sack-full of cash at stake, I mean."
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

"However", Able ponders, "it is not altogether a bad idea. But you won't know her on sight. I would propose that I take Chin, and we meet her. Someone like him will come across as non-threatening, and be less likely to result in a firefight than if we show up with Tamie and Ogilvy waving their guns around."

Able ignores yet another spiteful look from Ogilvy,

"However, we should have a few folks as backup, ready to take the fight on if one arises. I think that this captain will deal, after all, he has no reason not to."
                  Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Phaing sighs, thwarted yet again by cooler heads.
                    "Fine, lets get burning. It's almost back the way we came, near to Athens. Not a short hop, but we have lots of fuel... right?"

She brings it up on the map console in that tight little bridge.

"Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
                      "Chin...." Phaing's concern is genuine here.
                      "I have known people like you, good-intended and all considerate. Almost every one of you is dead now.
                      I know what you are thinking, but we don't know these people. I have heard stories, but what I know that is factual would not fill a short paragraph. They might be so shifty that they make Badger look like a Saint.
                      Able! You ran into them, talk some sense here, how trustable and worthy are they, really? When it's a whole sack-full of cash at stake, I mean."
                      Phaing, my dear friend, I appreciate your concern. I have survived the Reavers that destroyed my community and the long walk to the spaceport in part because I know that there are times to fight, times to run, times to hide and times to talk. I do want to live. I believe that I can convince this Companion of our honest intentions if she is willing to listen to them. If not...

Please don't think me a simpleton because I live simply.
                      George Mason

Comment

Yeh - I never took yu for simple

The qwiet ones - often they're the ones who run deep - and the ones who got themselves properly together.

Me - I'm just a blabbermouth idjut - I just get by.

But Chin - well you are the eye of the storm, the quiet centre of contemplation, the one who is acshully the true point of strength.

Well now, Phiang - Whitefall - that IS a name to conjur wiv - a place of much repute, good fings and bad fings - but never dull.
                        Last edited by Karakris; 26 May 11, 17:28.

Comment

Harv, having made good use of the time everyone had been discussing the problem by rescuing all the gear from the other ship before we depart, though he does leave it in a single pile in the main cargo bay. He then cooks enough ersatz spaghetti bolognese for the team. He then drags out a bag and starts passing out items to the crew.

"Thought, that as we'd survived long enough to actually earn commission on that delivery, we ought to celebrate. Here's a few things to give us a little more style. Cap'n - a proper captain's cap." Harv hands Rolf a yacht captain's cap. "For Ogilvy, a soft scarf, not white but red, Able can have this book," The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri. "Chin, you're own screwdriver set, Phaing may like this scented soap, I dunno. Slavomir gets these googles," the cool sort that actually work, "and Tamie wins the cigar and port. I've had a big day and am kind of tired, so I'm off to bed." With that he shafts somebody with cleaning the galley.

Comment

"Thanks mate - livin' in style, like - wowie"

"Thanks for the grub - 'n I'll clean up the galley - gotta do sumfink 'round 'ere"

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                              Tamie and Ogilvy waving their guns around."
                              "says Mr Gunny Mcgee over here... and anyway, since when was I one to "wave"; you don't get a trigger finger this honed by waving. I'm sick of your crap Able.

AND IN ANY CASE, ITS BESIDE THE POINT BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A BLOODY GUN THATS WORTH BLOODY WAVING ANYWAY!!!!!!!

hypocritical bastard." Ogilvy finishes his tirade gesturing toward the sword at able's hip, wondering about the countless lives bled dry at its tip.
                              Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
                              ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

"Hmm. Maybe I have been a bit too hard on you O. And you're right. All of our favorite guns got destroyed with the first ship. Here, have something worth being called a gun."

Able reaches behind his back and comes out with his back up pistol. The scrollwork on the revolver's cylinder matches with the checkering on the grip.

"Just be careful not to fire them all off at once. It's a bit slow on the reload"

Able then takes the Alliance Officer's Pistol that he had used during the Lassiter thievery, and tucks it underneath his shirt in the small of his back. He winks at O.

"If the Alliance catches up with me, I'm dead anyway. Why should I care if they catch me with an illegal pistol."
                                Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Working...
                                X