Firefly Chapter 3- The Badgers Burrow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phaing smiles at Able.
    "What do you think of our new ride? Lets go have a look as see if there are any extra trackers, booby-traps or anything like that... or should we wait until the techies get here?"

SHe looks around. "Where ARE those guys, anyhow?
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Harv tapped his radio - finally reception. "Okay, we're back at the ship, you want us to come pick you up from Badg.. WTF you've got a new ship!?! Where are you guys?" Harv noted the location in the spaceport.

"Chin, me old mate, we're supposed to be mindreaders. They've got a new tub thataway. Hey, Slava, he shouted. "We've got to go meet the cap'n at another ship." Crepe, he hated shifting his kit from ship to ship.

Comment

I wonder if this ship comes with manuals.
        "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
        George Mason
        Co-author of the Second Amendment
        during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberknight View Post
          I wonder if this ship comes with manuals.
          Manuals? I don't need no stink'n manual. All ships are the same
          on/off
          up/down
          right/left
          forward/backward

See easy.
          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
            on/off
            up/down
            right/left
            forward/backward

See easy.
            I think he meant - as in how differ'nt bits of kit work like, sort of how to fix 'em.
            G.M. - Sci Fi Game - the "Krissyverse"
            Darius Jarvinger - Prime Minister of The Phoenix Confederation
            Kris Martins - President of Attican Republic
            Kaar Kristoff - Minister of Interior of The Phoenix Confederation

Comment

Originally posted by Karakris View Post
              I think he meant - as in how differ'nt bits of kit work like, sort of how to fix 'em.

Oh the boring stuff, what ever.
              Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                on/off
                up/down
                right/left
                forward/backward

See easy.
                It is up to Miss Phaing and myself to make sure that the on/off, left/right and up/down switches are not wired to the off/on, right/left and down/up controls. Especially the latter. Manuals would be helpful in a job like that.
                "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                George Mason
                Co-author of the Second Amendment
                during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberknight View Post
                  It is up to Miss Phaing and myself to make sure that the on/off, left/right and up/down switches are not wired to the off/on, right/left and down/up controls. Especially the latter. Manuals would be helpful in a job like that.
                  Yeh - too right mate, too dam right.

Comment

Ah, forgot to key the radio, even after I thunk of the damn things...

"Well, as far as Manuals, victuals, fuel and all that other junk; it all depends on how fast Badger wants us to do the rest of this job.
                    Yeah... don't look at me like that, he's got this other thing, some girl needs saving and he made it part of the original deal, wouldn't you just know?
                    Soooo, lets take a look around. I ain't got no heavy weapons to look into, so I'll lend a hand to whoever needs one. Fully fueled, a ship like this should be good for about 2 months, I think, might be a good idea to start there.
                    How'd the spare parts deal go?"
                    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Able reveals a bit more about their quarry now that the crew is together:

"They fly in a firefly-class mid-bulk transport. How they keep it together is anyone's guess, but last I heard it was still around. It's typically unarmed, though I've known them to carry a very small AA cannon on the top once.

As for the crew, 2 of them are former browncoats. Their bios say that they were some of the only survivors of Serenity valley, so they're both lucky and good. The captain and I have faced off, and he walked away, well...mostly. Our target is a registered Companion, so that might be a way to get in if we need it. As for the rest of the crew, they've got a doc and a mech, but neither is much in a fight. The real trouble will be this one trigger-happy thug. He's a pure merc though, so we might be able to make an arrangement with him. The other one, well, she was my target."

Phaing asks "what was so special about her"

"Remember the guy in the pod? The one you blew away? She's like him, maybe better. The best body count I heard was one hundred and fifty reavers. And she killed them in ten minutes, starting with her bare hands."
                      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Phaing leans forward and squints at Able, wondering if he has finally taken to drinking.

"150? Yeah, riiiight. Hey wait a minute, you know them? Are these the people who... ooooh Tzao-gao, I see now."
                        She just sits and thinks for a moment, looking more confused by the second.

Said out loud with a voice that carries-
                        "I don't get it, we are supposed to kidnap a companion? That's ridiculous, can't they just make a call?"
                        after the usual-
                        "So there is something particular about this one, or she knows something... but the ridiculous part is us doing this. Kidnapping is a big, nasty step up from theft. Is this woman a big, nasty Hooker that nobody will miss? Otherwise... that Guild is awfully damn well connected. More so than this Badger ee da tuo da bien ."

Realizing that most of the crew didn't get to see him-
                        "Oh, you guys would have been laughing your butts off. Somebody wasted a perfectly good wang when they put arms and legs on this guy, and he has the hat to complete the image. Stone-cold killer tho, no doubts there.
                        Able, did you meet the 'companion', and why the would a real one be loafing along on a mid-bulk transport? Must have something to do with why Badger wants her."
                        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

"I'm troubled too Phiang, but ne dosent get an offer of 1'000'000 Platnuim any day, I'm no mercenary, but I would kidnap the CEO of blue sun for that money."
                          Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

"I would too, if I thought we would collect."
                            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Riiight - we gotta get thru a few so-so fighters, clever but not supermen, plus one absolute Bersekrer.

I think that one has to be either turned or wasted - big time.
                              Turned wud be easier - but do we WANT a bersekrer ??
                              Udderwise - qwick shot wiv der Meat Axe, iffen I get to draw a bead on 'im.

Then we got to drag some screamin', kickin' an' fightin' women back wiv us - an NOT muss her hair too much.
                              The las' part is de-fine-itt-ly tricky, we need a real martial arts black belt, an' loads of luck fer dat.
                              Hang on - Chin is yer man fer dat - he sneaked up behind der uvver one beefor, and scragged 'im big time.

'Ang on - is this woman - der famous Sister of dat deadly assassin, de yung capting we nearly got 'atcheted by, before.
                              Able - cum clean - well is she ??

Comment

Phaing looks at Kris (used to be called Tamie) with a bemused expression.
                                "I'm not sure I understand you... in more ways than one!"

"Look, if she is still turning tricks, can we do this smart and lure her away with a job opportunity? Maybe be gone before the bruisers know what happened, if we are lucky."

No matter how this turns out, we are going to end up with new enemies... Phaing seems very weary all of a sudden.
                                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X