No announcement yet.

Firefly Chapter 3- The Badgers Burrow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefly Chapter 3- The Badgers Burrow.

Rolf sat on the side of the mule, legs hanging over the ground, clutching for dear life as Slavimor made excessive and unessential turns. Seemed like he wanted to throw some people off.

Eventually they reached the spaceport. Rolf reached into the Mule's storage bay and pulled out the small, expensive trinkets they had picked up for the ships on Persephone.

"Right, I need two of you to come with me to deliver this to that Badger fellow, the rest of you can sell these parts and hunt down a new ship for us all."
    Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

"I c'n cum wiv ya - Capting - iffen ya need sum backup"
    "I'll put on me best grim - "don' wanna mess wiv me" expreshun if yu like".

"Yeh - do the 'strong 'n silent' bit".

"Don' no much about ship parts meself".
    "Eefen less about Ships".
    G.M. - Sci Fi Game - the "Krissyverse"
    Darius Jarvinger - Prime Minister of The Phoenix Confederation
    Kris Martins - President of Attican Republic
    Kaar Kristoff - Minister of Interior of The Phoenix Confederation

Comment

Able said nothing, just dismounted and took a place a few meters away from Rolf. His expression said that he was going to do exactly what he pleased, which was what he had done the first time the Captain went off to a private meeting. This time there was a bulge in his jacket which implied that Able was no longer interested in playing fair with the blade-wielding populace. At least until the package and payment was delivered.
      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Phaing's hand goes up right away.
        "Yo! But, why only 2 of us? And why split up? Seems like that would be playing into a cheater's hands. Well, we won't have the thing with us, so it will be okay,,, right?"
        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

"Rules are rules Phiang, Badger won't allow any more than three into his presence at one time, I'm sure Able would be happy to stay outside while me you and Tamie enter."

Rolf grabbed the Lassiter and handed it to Able

"You're probably most qualified to handle this little dear while we go and stretch out this weasel."

Comment

Able took his sword and tied it to his belt in an ostentatious and visible manner. Taking the Lassiter, he casually stuffed it into the small of his back, moving his small revolver to his left boot.

"Maybe they'll just think I'm a local with more money and honor than sense, and not care to accost me much. If they do, a broken nose should convince the average thief otherwise."

With that, Able took stock of the directions to Badger's place, and watched Tamie, Rolf, and Phaing board the mule. He then boarded public transit and rode off in the direction of the rendezvous, using his espionage and assassin skills to just be another nameless face in the crowd.
            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Phaing tries to slow Able down a bit... and then nods at Chin.
              "wouldn't you feel better with company? I know I would."
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

"If they think they're going to be okay, I think we should do our deliveries and zoom back as fast as we can," Said Harvard. All he got were non-committal grunts.

"Riiiight. Slava, to our adoring fans asap. Then back to haul Rolf's chestnuts out the fire. His last meeting gives me no confidence in his ability to get the better of local thugs."

Comment

Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
                  Phaing tries to slow Able down a bit... and then nods at Chin.
                  "wouldn't you feel better with company? I know I would."
                  Chin looks at Phaing dead on and smiles his enigmatic best.

"Perhaps if it is fated that our other business takes us in the vicinty of our Captain's meeting with Mr. Badger. The turn of the wheel is beyond the ken of any mortal."
                  "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                  George Mason
                  Co-author of the Second Amendment
                  during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

Ogilvy, after stretching his legs, sits back in the mule.

"these parts ain't gonna sell themselves. I've done this before- a few years back but those who will give us the best prices tend not to move far..."

Ogilvy gets a glazed look in his eyes, shakes his head and claps his hand's impatiently, looking around at the remaining crew-members.

"C'mon, faster we pawn these off, the faster we can check on the others, divide up the cash and have us a spree."
                    Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
                    ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

Okay, all Aboard. We head down to the docks and see if we can't unload some spares.
                      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

"Good. Maybe we can fine some decent rice flour...and fuel for the cutting torches."
                        "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                        George Mason
                        Co-author of the Second Amendment
                        during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

Phaing gives Chin an exasperated look as she and the other two speed away.
                          Yes, it's a million-to-one that Able could be mugged, but the fact that he's carrying a million-credit item makes that a real issue.

(worn- ceramic knives and poly-carbon SMG under the trenchcoat, metal knives and a big pistol in the pockets)
                          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Tamie shrugs his coat down to partly conceal the Meat Axe - then gets in the back.
                            He is wearing Body Armour under his shirt - with a jerkin over.
                            There is the Flenching Knife in a slip holster in the jerkin - and the Long Knife on the other side of his jerkin, in a slip pocket holster.
                            Spare Ammo is also in slip pockets near the bottom of the jerkin.
                            He has the Gunny ( 6mm Pistol ) in a visible holster at his belt.
                            On his back is the special back holster - with the Meat Axe.
                            This is all under his long coat - which flaps loosely like a "duster" coat.
                            He has his Backpack on one shoulder, with spare ammo and personel items ( and spare Knives ) in it - but puts it at his feet on the floor.

"Riight - guys I'm sure reddy now" he says.
                            "There's nuthin' in this coat - so I c'n shuck it real qwick - to draw the Meat Axe, if needed".
                            "But I wil try it just tough and peaceful like - at first".
                            G.M. - Sci Fi Game - the "Krissyverse"
                            Darius Jarvinger - Prime Minister of The Phoenix Confederation
                            Kris Martins - President of Attican Republic
                            Kaar Kristoff - Minister of Interior of The Phoenix Confederation

Comment

ABLE-Covert Psositon

PHIANG, ROLF, TAMIE- Badger

REMAINDER- Shopping

Rolf, Phiang and Tamie walked to the Badgers lair, apparently made out of container blocks of all things. Rolf noticed two unsavoury types with ... lugers? following. he pointed them out to his companions.

"seems this fellow has fond memories of earth that was"

they reached the entrance of the complex. the massive bouncer was playing around with a vast collection of hurtful looking weaponary, he faced the compani0oons with a masssive quaduple barreled shotgun.

"Eh, who goes there? whats your business with badger eh?" he then spots Phiang

"Oh, you here to sell a ****? just step right on in. good one too, might have to give her a whirl when the boys are though" he states with an evil leer.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X