No announcement yet.

Firefly Chapter 2- On Hunting Rats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phaing and Chin are the only two who should not be showing their faces to the churchmen, again. Even Ogilvy can be in the grab party if you don't think that we need a sniper.
    Since its nighttime, might be better that way anyhow, unless he has night-sights for his rifle... Dong-ma?

(second time in a row Phaing is taking a minor role, but that's okay, I plan on having some evil fun in the core)
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• The plan, surprisingly, goes off without a hitch. using a stolen mule they take the goods ( a single case) from the pastor. The Gertrude manages to make a clean getaway, and a raging inferno roughly where the western church was indicates some anger at the outcome. Once aboard the Ship, Rolf opens the case ...

Sorry Guys if this seems a tad anticlimactic, I rolled using the DND roller and got a 20, and in circumstances like this ... Great Success is the only outcome, and success is boring sometimes.

The Results usually aren't
      Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

• aaaaaaand **** just got real.
        Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
        ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

• Hmmmmm

"Hmmmm " Said Taime
          "That was - Weeeeeelllll - just a little bit too easy"
          "No Fun at all, expexshually as I go got meself all cycled up fer it"
          "An' I never even got to draw the Meat Axe"
          "Aaah Weeell".
          G.M. - Sci Fi Game - the "Krissyverse"
          Darius Jarvinger - Prime Minister of The Phoenix Confederation
          Kris Martins - President of Attican Republic
          Kaar Kristoff - Minister of Interior of The Phoenix Confederation

Comment

• The reason one performs the same martial exercises day in and day out is in order that when it is truly necessary to use them, the results are more predictable.
            "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
            George Mason
            Co-author of the Second Amendment
            during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

• "Hmmm - good point, Harv" Said Tamie.
              "Yeh - yur a very sensible fella, Harv".

Comment

• "Ya know, one of these days, I'm gonna have to shoot somebody."
                But not today, apparently.

I reckon a spray of rounds impacting in front of their feet was all it took this time.... eh?

OK, Phaing only wants to know two things- is anyone following us, and what the hell is that thing?
                Somehow, I don't think this Badger fella is going to be happy...
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• No one is following us, and that thing is highly rare. Watch Trash ... I'm assuming its known well enough. Don't have easy access to firefly? here.

Comment

• Riiiiiight

"Riiiiiiiight" Said Tamie
                    "Well, Phaing - fur them days wen yu are NOT likely ter be shootin' someone" "There's some stuff wich might suit ya in this 'ere bag".

He hands Phaing a loose cloth bag - which contains 6 sets of underwear, two velvet dresses, black and deep blue - and a black sort of "mexican cowboy ladies" hat.

"Jus' keepin me promise - an' the 'at might 'elp, iffen ye finds yerself somewhere wiv the sun kinda knockin' yur eyeballs out".
                    "Corse, the 'at an' dresses give ya some options fer a disguise, like".
                    "Oh yeh" - "an' these are fer ye as well - they shud fit ya".
                    He hands her a pair of high black leather boots, with laces.

"Riiight - Capting Rolf" Says Tamie.
                    "You seem ter have got yurself one of them legendary Lassiter Pistols which I heard about in the past - mebbe there only ever wuz the one". "Most people would tear ye apart on the spot fer that one".
                    "Some wud - just fer a look on it".

"It hain't gonna be easy to trade" "In fact, anywheres you show that thing, hell is gonna break loose - and after they finished, your kin is never gonna be able to find all the bits of ye".
                    "Corse - you MIGHT be able to take on an 'undred or so guys single-handed an' survive - jest mebbe".
                    "Fer my part - may the Kraken preserve us".
                    Last edited by Karakris; 28 Apr 11, 02:32.

Comment

• "Tamie" when he looked up Rolf pointed the Lassiter at him and pulled the trigger. it clicked and whirred but nothing else happened "Its broken. I say we just take it to Bagder, no way we are going to fence this without getting our throats sliced."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dashy View Post
                        "Tamie" when he looked up Rolf pointed the Lassiter at him and pulled the trigger. it clicked and whirred but nothing else happened "Its broken. I say we just take it to Bagder, no way we are going to fence this without getting our throats sliced."
                        Uh, captain doing that kind of thing can get you killed.
                        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Phaing gives Tamie a warm smile... and has her own gun pointed at Rolf before that whir stops.
                          A click.
                          "Well, the safety works, and it's on."

"So, the big prize is broken? No wonder it's made out of brass-knuckles. How valuable? Hmmm... does that Badger know how many of us there are?"
                          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• "Its extremely valuble, but no place I know of to sell a fancy piece of junk like this. Badger knows we're in a Basuero class, so he probably only expects one or two crew, not the little village we've got going here."

Comment

• "It's a good job that I'm third cousin to a Cat - Capting" Says Tamie.
                              "You nearly jumped me outa my skin then - yo wuz too qwick fer me".

"Yay - this Badger fella can have the dam thing - I wusn't looking ter get involved wid a thing like that, anyhows".

Comment

• Chin suggests, "I am, of course, perfectly harmless and thus will be so perceived by this Mr. Badger's men. Perhaps if I brought along some other goods to sell or trade...I can go to the exchange site some hours early and purvey my wares while awaiting those who make the exchange."

Phaing asks, "What if there is trouble? You won't be goin' all Confuscious on us right?"

Chin looked the lady Phaing in the eye and responded, "It is part of our tradition to always expect trouble and to end it quickly. We mostly succeed."
                                "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                                George Mason
                                Co-author of the Second Amendment
                                during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

Working...
                                X