No announcement yet.

Firefly Chapter 2- On Hunting Rats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I believe that I will join Phiang in the interests of following this Badger's very wise instructions as to making this transaction unobtrusive and thus bloodless. Many of the crew can sneak very well and if some of us can overcome the propensity for disemboweling all of those we sneak up on, this could go very smooth."
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

"Well, thank God for that" sly grin to smooth over heavy tones of irony.

Once out of earshot of the others- "Thanks. Of all of them, I'm glad your coming, your the one I need to help me navigate religion and ... well, make me seem respectable. Lets hit the target church first, and then have a look at the other one once we have navigated around the block and found the back door.
      Oh, hey- if anything about this is making you uncomfortable, just hit me with a code word or something. Like, tell me it's time to make my dentist appointment if I'm on the verge of offending your faith or somethin' like that."

And... these two might as well be the ones to show their faces during this little recon. Phaing's fighting style is from that "other school of thought", and she does not consider Chin the commando type.

What does this Church with the interesting packages look like?
      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

"You go fer it" Says Tamie - "Churching is waaay out of style fer me".

"And anyway - I got a little more shopping to do".
        "Maybe I will do a qwick shopping trip with Harv - if that's Shiny wiv him".
        Last edited by Karakris; 16 Apr 11, 16:25.
        G.M. - Sci Fi Game - the "Krissyverse"
        Darius Jarvinger - Prime Minister of The Phoenix Confederation
        Kris Martins - President of Attican Republic
        Kaar Kristoff - Minister of Interior of The Phoenix Confederation

Comment

The West Church (Containing the goods) Looks rustic from the outside, and inside. However, Chin detects that something is not quite right. the building is linked up to an independent power-supply which is producing masses of power, but he can't detect what is using it. Acting as a parishioner, he moves about the Church to get a feel for the system as it were, using his ability to "Feel" electronics. Motioning to Phiang, he gets a hold of one of her knives, and stabs it into the stone floor. the Iskellian ceramic knife, which should have at least chipped the stone, stops dead upon hitting the stones.

the East church radiates harmlessness. Unlike Pastor Gerlad, who was helping the Rancher with his cattle, Priest Harold is present. While Chin examines the building Phiang moves to talk with the Priest ...

Just give me the gist of your questions and their general tone and I'll work out the answers.
          Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

"Right, boys and girls, time to hit the souk and show these fallaheen the flash of our cash. Tamie, grab yer handbag. You want anything, Cap'n?" Harvard is happy - he can smell profit coming off the small pile of engine parts in the hold.

Comment

Originally posted by Dashy View Post

Just give me the gist of your questions and their general tone and I'll work out the answers.
              "Hi there! I was rescued from Reavers a little while ago, and it was a close call! So close, that friends of mine say that I should get Religion. They siad it like it was a joke or sumthin' like that, but I don't feel like being alive is a joke. I'm here to find out what 'getting Religion' really means."

That ought to start a minor member of the hierarchy off on a one of those rants or something, and walking and talking should give Phaing a chance to get a look at the layout... and ask some questions that would be easier if I knew more about the nature of the package.

Comment on the rustic nature of the building... is to to promote a simple life style, enforce modesty?

What about the Church across the street? How are they different from this side?

What sort of Dues do you require?

Yeah, having a little fun with him, but there are things that a skirt can get away with that no man can. Time to exploit that.
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Able looks at Rolf

"Captain, I still do not see this being profitable in the least. However, I'll do what I can."

Able then walks back into the ship and grabs his new rifle and one of the alliance pistols, swapping it out for his own automatic. Making sure that his new tools are well covered, Able stalks out, headed for the ranch to take a look see at the 'ambush' point.
                Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

The Priest (east Church) is confounded by Phiangs flurry of questions, and slowly gets more and more flustered. however when she asks about the (west) church he is concerned. He explains that there is something fishy about the church across the road. Though the pastor holds regular Sunday services, he is never "in" during the week for his flock, and the priest has noticed that the Pastor across the road gets far more in terms of mail than he should.

As for the Ambush site, there seems to be no ideal spot. the path from the church to ranch is twenty miles of prairie.

As for shopping, walkie talkies with a signal range of three klicks have been found, with a feature that enables them to be used as an emergency beacon installed, should they be used as an emergency beacon they can send an emergency signal (Morse,of course) massive distances.

Ogilvy successfully got some tea, though at a high price. Should have stuck with supplements.

Collectively we are now low on cash, with only traceable credits and a few platinum coins left.
                  Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

Tamie went with Harv - got the clothes he wanted for himself, plus a nice brown-green leather jerkin or wes'coat with pockets for concealed weapons. No dice with any Flak panel lining.
                    He also picked-up a few things which he put in a scond bag, for Phiang.
                    Harv got his "grunds".
                    The two of them picked up some food supplies - and carried them back in two sacks.

Turning to Harv he says "Sorry - but that is all me Coins used up now".
                    "Here's hoping we make some money from this 'Badger' caper - else we may have to become smash n' grab robbers !".
                    "That is - If'n you c'n do that in this ere persephony place we be goin' ta - like".
                    Last edited by Karakris; 17 Apr 11, 07:45.

Comment

OOC whatabout pistol trade? and the is no supplement for real tea- ask chin.
                      Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
                      ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade|Ogilvy View Post
                        OOC whatabout pistol trade? and the is no supplement for real tea- ask chin.
                        [ "Hmmm - Rolf reckons the Pistols are a bit dodgy to try to sell here - anyways we only just bought the damn things"
                        "Tea now - that is some'at else - I think ye all need some Tea from time to time, and YAY - there is no substiture for the nat'ral stuff". ]

Comment

Able comes back in time to hear them arguing about tea and such

"Why are we discussing leaves and grinds? If we are to 'pull this off' as they say, we will need to act quickly, and decisively."

Now that he has their attention

"Captain, I recommend that the pilot be with the ship, and that the ship be on a hair trigger to take off. The mechanic should stay here too, and one more person to secure the hatch. We'll be coming back in a hurry. Conversely, we could do a pick up out on the prairie, but at the risk of the Alliance getting wind of it much faster. I'd recommend that we set everything up to take Badger's offer on face value, but have the ship ready to fly in case we get double crossed, or in case the cargo is something we'd either want to keep, or something that we refuse to give to someone like Badger."
                          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Phaing didn't mean to hit the Preacher with a flurry of questions, she was prepared to let him waste an hour of her time or more, it would give her and Chin a better chance to have a look around while walking and talking.

And, a phenomenal saving action is so dependent on details, like the guy who reaches behind a curtian and comes out with the silver candlestick to konk the Werewolf over the noggin' with.
                            Well... anyhow;

Guess we can take that walk round a couple of blocks and try this again at the other place after a wink and a playful "I'll think about it." to get us out of this one.
                            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

"Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

"So one church is built like a fortress with a power grid that could run a town while the other just looks like a church? The fortress church only operates on the day of worship while the other is open to its parishioners all week."

Chin looks to see what kind of people go to the open church during the week and asks about their theology and worship.

"I am a Buddhist but I am open to any path of enlightenment."
                                "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                                George Mason
                                Co-author of the Second Amendment
                                during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X