Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Exorcist
    replied
    "Why Swords?" She goes to the sink and washes the gunk off the only things worth saving- that guy's blades.

"Mmmm... nice knives! See, this is what I like, you want the cutlass that little assassin had?"

Leave a comment:

• TacCovert4
    replied
    "Probably the Skyplex. I doubt that the Alliance failed to do a full investigation, and they would have noticed that a bunch of guys trying to overthrow the Alliance, and rather well armed with guns, were taken apart by a knife and a sword. Kind of obvious, but I was trying to be quiet, and I didn't have much time to be sneaky."

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    Originally posted by broderickwells View Post
    "I agree with Brother Chin. Stealing an Alliance naval vessel would be too obvious. Not even the Reavers are that mad. But I'd sure cannibalise it for parts..."
    Phaing laughs at that, as she shovels the gory bits into a trash-bag with no real concern. "Where is that mop at, anywho?"

To Able- "So... now the Alliance is after you, instead of the Serenity? Figures, and now they are after us as well... but here is what I am trying to puzzle-out; How did they know you were on this particular ship? Someone back at the Skyplex, or the place we just left?"
    She leans on the grizzly shovel and shakes her head at the ex-operative. "A mind-reader with a sword, eh? I guess that's the difference between being clever and being intelligent. Oh well, no point in us splitting up now, not when they know we are together."
    Cryptic enough to keep even Him guessing at what she means by 'we'...

"Hey Boss!" she calls out to the Captain. "Does going to Perspireonme mean we's gonna be on the same course as we was when the Corvette bounced us? 'Cause if so, it might be hard to surprise them... maybe if we go twice as fast, might make 'em wonder for a few minutes, but I dunno. Might have to get crafty here."

She looks down at the bag before sending it down the trash chute. "Hm, maybe I shouldn't have. Next time I'll just chop 'em off at the knees, 'less they blind me first."

Leave a comment:

• broderickwells
    replied
    "I agree with Brother Chin. Stealing an Alliance naval vessel would be too obvious. Not even the Reavers are that mad. But I'd sure cannibalise it for parts..."

Leave a comment:

• Cyberknight
    replied
    Originally posted by Tsar View Post
    Um, folks are you seriously thinking about stealing an Alliance cruiser?

I just want to know just how far up a Fen Fen Pi Goh we're going.
    In all reality they already seem to be angry at us. I don't see any means of reasoning with the likes of this person.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberknight
    replied
    Sometimes it is better to be unnoticed or unappreciated than to be undone.

Leave a comment:

• Tsar
    replied
    Right-O

Hits the power for a fast burn.

Leave a comment:

• Dashy
    replied
    "Head for Persephone, I want my credits for the job and this gorram behind us."

Leave a comment:

• Tsar
    replied
    Um, folks are you seriously thinking about stealing an Alliance cruiser?

I just want to know just how far up a Fen Fen Pi Goh we're going.

Leave a comment:

• Karakris
    replied
    "Weeell - Able".
    "You think there is a chance fer the second idea fer t' werk ?".

"We c'n probly take the Crew then - if wot you say is tru".
    "Meself - I never rated Alliance crewmen very high".
    "They just never git the action, wot lvin' by yer wits in ye dirtside jungle wiv crims an' gangers c'n give yer".

"I usually c'n take scum like dem in close werk, as well - but dis Kid - well dat was somefin' else".
    "I don' mind admitin' dat he almost had me headin' fer me meetin' wiv der Kraken". "To der rest of ye guys - dat means I thort I wuz gunna ve dead".

Leave a comment:

• TacCovert4
    replied
    Able looks up at Phaing

"You didn't have to kill him"

Phaing Snarls Back

"He'd 'ave done the same to us"

"Probably, but he wasn't himself.....it wasn't his fault"

"What"

Able Explains to everyone as Chin hands him some bandages for his arms

"I was sent to find one of these before. A girl. She had escaped. They're essentially telepaths. Specially selected by the Alliance, they're trained as assassins. They are the best there is."

"What happened to the girl"

"She hooked up with a crew. Ship called Serenity. I hunted them the only way I knew how......by carving a bloody swath through the galaxy, killing their friends and finally running them down."

"Serenity" Rolf considers "Wasn't that ship related to that report from Miranda that got broad-waved a few months back?"

"It was. That report showed me what the Alliance was trying to do. They weren't content to rule, they wanted absolute control. These....kids....were part of their bid to try again at total control of the populace. They were the testbeds. Seemingly normal, though traumatized. Activated with a word, phrase, or even a signal concealed within an image."

Chin finishes for him "And that's why you left"

"Exactly."

"So how did I sneak up on him?"

"You probably didn't even register as a threat. He's a telepath, but in the fight he was probably only noticing thoughts directed at killing him. You didn't want him dead, so he probably ignored you"

"Too bad for him, Phaing says, MG still smoking"

"Yes. Well, now we've got to find a way out of this. First we need to get that hole patched, and that pod off the hull. Then we've got to get away from that Corvette and ditch this ship, preferably some place that's not Alliance Friendly. Conversely, if we can con the Alliance ship into docking with us for pickup, that kid was probably the only one onboard that can take us on. Possibly not, but I'd say that a good 99.9% of Alliance crewers are worthless in a fight."

Leave a comment:

• Dashy
    replied
    Tamie raises his massive weapon to teach this Luskan a lesson, but the teensager moves impossibly fast and dives to the left, dodging the meat axe's massive shells. Harvard draws a handful of nails.

Able moves to fight the teenager, aware that all is not as it seems. The teenager draws two combat knives from behind his back and lunges for Able.Able deftly blocks the blow with his sword, and is forced into a defensive circle. Even with full his full attenion focussed on the Boy and his Sword he has trouble protecting himslef, several cuts appearm like magic, on his arms. Luskan is smiling, and Able gets the impression that he is being toyed with.

Without looking he kicks behind himslef at Tamie (deviod of shells, and running to clobber him with his "Axe") in the metal hip with enough force to send him flying into some crates, another kick seconds later sends Harvards handful of nails Soaring, and sets and engineer cursing, all the while battling Able, with his balance perfect.

Ables calm begins to crack, and he feels death approach.

Chop

Luskan falls like a poleaxed cow, dropped by none other than the massive Chin.

"How the bliddy hell did you sneak up on him Chin! you're six feet bloody tall!" an enraged Harvard shouted

Chin ignored this remark and turned to a stunned Able

"He is a reader, he could see all our thoughts. I learned to clear my mind in the Monastery, he never saw me coming. I have disabled him, I sugges ..."

BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BALM BALM BLAM BLAM reload BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM

the shocked crew looked at a recently concious Phaing, then at the smear of gore on the deck.

"What? He stunned me he did!"

Leave a comment:

• Karakris
    replied
    "Sorry - you Bugger - but enemies is enemies".
    "Do ya really want a gut full of 15mm Shells - Bang Bang, like".

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    Originally posted by Comrade|Ogilvy View Post
    ((same for Ogilvy...))

Leave a comment:

• Comrade|Ogilvy
    replied
    ((same for Ogilvy...))

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse