No announcement yet.

Firefly Chapter 2- On Hunting Rats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ogilvy emerges from his cabin after all voices desist. He strides up to the galley to eat while the others are away. on the table he notices most of the guns are still there- so he grabs one of the SMG's and one of the fancy pistols.

After cleaning his plate he has a plan- on a place like this there is bound to be a gunshop- in all likelihood one not beyond doing some shady dealing. upon finding such a gunshop he will produce the alliance pistol, and attempt to sell it. Should the transaction be successful, he will purchase a replacement longarm, and pistol if he can. Ordinarily Ogilvy would have never done this but considering everyones stony attitude toward him lately, he felt he was owed something by someone...

Ogilvy stepped off the ship, pistol safely tucked completely out of sight, and with the SMG hanging off a strap, plainly apparent due to his unbuttoned coat. Ogilvy took two steps before tripping over his shoelace.

after emitting a spluttering stream of mixed profanities, Ogilvy opened his eves to dull metal, ingrained in the dirt centemeters before his nose. upon digging it out Ogilvy was delighted to discover that with was a tarnished gold piece. instantly Ogilvy's plan changed- he was off first to find some tea to replace that which chin had given him, plus some for his new collection. guns could wait.
    Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
    ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

Rolling ...

Group 1. Harvard+Able 15

Group 2. Tamie+Phiang 12

Group 3. Chin 16

Group 4. Tsar 9

Group 5. Distaff 17

Harvard+Able.

Harvard, with the help of Able, is able to get a large number of small, essential, and expensive parts at low prices. Walking around town they hear catches of conversation. It seems the two churches have an intense rivalry, and are doing everything short of murder to gain more parishioners. None of the cars seem to suit Harvards fancy, Able hears him muttering something along the lines of "They already work, don't want that ..."

Tamie+Phaing

Tamie and Phiang enter "Colonial Outfitters", the local weapon store. the Burly man behind the counter appraises Tamies little moneybag. "Sah, Needing a new boomstick to guard your wee daughter there?".

Phiang slowly twirls her parasol away, uncovering her face.

"Oh ..." the man quickly wipes his face free of sweat (hot place) "I'm sorry, my eyes aint what they once was, Ma'am." turning once more on Tamie, he enquires "Need some gunpowder to protect your wife here? I got everything for folk like yourselves, Lever actions and revolvers, perfect for fighting off unsavoury types."

Tamie moves to speak, but Phaing blocks his approach to the counter "Have you got any Iskellian ceramic knives? or maybe some Igneous 300's?" she spoke fast, with heavy sarcasam "Just a little something to help a poor little girl like myself". Meanwhile Tamie is innocently examining a gun in the corner, leaving Phiang to do the haggling.

Thrown off by Phaing's unique approach, the Gun Dealer gives up more than he expected, Phiang leaves with a double load of knives (just in case) of high quality, along with a large amount of cheap small arms, mostly SMG's and revolvers, with plenty of ammo. However, the guns themselves look none too trustworthy, Harvard may need to give them a tinker before they get used. Tamie also packed a small strange looking box into his fake leg, it's Iskellian, which means it's military and high tech.

They are returning to the ship with their load, before heading back to the Electronics store. However Tamies little stash is running low.

Chin

Chin ran into the ship startling Rolf "Whats up, burly budda?" Chin smiled off Rolf's childish insult "I've found us a job of sorts, from some fellow called badger"

"Wouldn't trust that man, he pulls out if so much as a fingernail falls foul"

"the money looks good, an the perks even better"

"Give me that" Rolf grabbed the vidpaper from Chin, and examined it. it brought a slow smile to his face "My my, looks like we might have a job, gather up the others if you will"

Slavimor

Slavimor examines the Mules of the town. he can't help but admire the Alliance mule. sleeker than any woman he'd seen, but with a hidden menace to match a snakes, it was one mighty hunk of steel. There were a few others, though they all looked like they were waiting for an excuse to fall from the sky, Harvard would be pleased, but Slavimor liked working machines.

Then the owner of the Ranch drove by in his mule. Slavimor whistled, it was new, fast, and could carry quite some weight. the Rancher was using it to haul two fine bulls off to the slaughterhouse, it could definitely carry some wieght. Slavimor turned to move back to the ship, he knew he couldn't jack one of these by himself, and hadn't decided which one to go for, if any.

Caleb

Caleb was beyond suprised. this town had no medical stores, and after a bit of hunting, he discerned that there were not even any medical supplies within ten miles, beyond those in ships docked and in the Alliance compound.

"Sir, could you tell me why you fellers seem to have nothing in terms of man fixing?" he asked a old man taking a smoke outside

"You mean medicun? we don't need that devils brew! god protects this town! we aint never gonna need pills and medicun! now git heathen, you need healing you talk to Pastor Gerald on the west side of town, don't listen to anything that Priest Harold says him and his eastsiders don't know nuthin bout god's work, now git!"

and on that note Caleb left with his head shaking about as much as the old mans stick "These people are more backward than ..." he stopped his monologue as Ogilvy faceplanted just before him "Correction, these people have about as much smarts as Ogilvy has grace". He walked up the gangway, past the still face down Ogilvy, heading for Chin and Rolf, who seemed to be examining something interesting.
      Last edited by Dashy; 13 Apr 11, 06:14.
      Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

Once we have the parts back at the ship I'm going food and clothes shopping - my grunds can probably be folded they're so unrecently washed.

Comment

"Just Asking" says Tamie to Rolf "Alright with you Capting ?"
          "If me and Phiang here take a look at somewhere fur some duds and underthings - is that gonna be shiny ?".
          "Won't take long - n' I still have a few coins".

"Acshually - we cud go wiv Harv here - if he's willin' ".
          "He seems to be looking for duds or "grunds" - and some groceries as well, which suits me".
          "Failin' all else - we just gotta get some proper footwear fer the lady here".
          Last edited by Karakris; 13 Apr 11, 15:50.
          G.M. - Sci Fi Game - the "Krissyverse"
          Darius Jarvinger - Prime Minister of The Phoenix Confederation
          Kris Martins - President of Attican Republic
          Kaar Kristoff - Minister of Interior of The Phoenix Confederation

Comment

BTW, Caleb won't get any Tea
            Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
            ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

Able and Harvard haul up their catch of parts, Able grunting a bit under the strain of pulling the cart.

"You do know Harvard, one of those Cars would have been sufficient to carry all of this, right?"

Harvard merely shrugs

Able gets the cart to the top of the ramp, then leaves it to Harvard's tender mercies as he steps over to the Captain. Noticing a certain firearm in Ogilvy's possession, he leans over:

"Some free advice, It wouldn't be smart to be carrying that around town here. This place is a powder keg, and the Alliance Federals will have some long and hard questions if they see one of those pistols. If you need a pistol out in town, you can use one of mine."

Able Reports in to the Captain as to the types of parts they have, and glances at the vid-sheet.

"I shall assume we are considering employment?"
              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Whoa... I need to put something in the Game thread here.
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Rolf passed the vidpaper around the crew.

"As you can see this is a simple jack and run, with benefits. In two nights time a little convoy, a speeder and a mule, is going to pick up something from the Church at the west side of town, from this pastor Gerald, and take it to ol big boy's ranch. We have to get this item, however we do it is up to us, and we can keep any extras we pick up. But this Badger feller has one stipulation, we don't get caught seen or sniffed. If we get detected he's going to cut us loose entirely, apparently whatever we are stealing only has value to his client."

Rolf drank a glass of water.

"So crew, we gonna take this here opportunity?"

On Guns .....

The Cheap guns we picked up are classified as high risk trade goods. theres a chance we might get denounced for suspicious behaviour if we get picked up by a patrol, however the closer to the core systems we get, the higher the price for them is. Some smalltime gangs on a planet like Ariel would pay more than top dollar for these guns.
                  Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

Hmmmmm

"Weeeell" Says Tamie - "Work is work, and getting paid fur doin' summat is what we're all about".
                    "Not worse than anythin' I done before".
                    "Risks - yeh sure - but you can't get ahead without takin' some of them".

Comment

That's actually what I was hoping to hear about those guns.

"I dunno much about this Badger fella, but if this goes well we should be able to do ourselves very well on Persephony.
                      I'm in , but how do we make this work? Without a mule or anything of our own, we'd have to ambush these guys at the Church... and we'd probably need an Army for that."
                      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
                        That's actually what I was hoping to hear about those guns.

"I dunno much about this Badger fella, but if this goes well we should be able to do ourselves very well on Persephony.
                        I'm in , but how do we make this work? Without a mule or anything of our own, we'd have to ambush these guys at the Church... and we'd probably need an Army for that."
                        Well I saw a couple of potential mules while I was in town. We could use 1 of them if we could get a hold of it.
                        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

"Weeell" says Tamie - "I HAVE stolen a few Vehicles in my time, and I cud help wiv dat - BUT".

"One - two nights away - so best not to steal a Mule too soon".
                          "Twould raise faaaar too much ruckuss - n' wher you gonna hide it 'til then".

"Two - I gotta get some more shopping, as have maybe one or two
                          others".
                          " I promised the lady Phiang here some new shoes, underwear and some clothes - and I cud do with some more duds and underwear meself, seein' as we don' have no Laundry here".
                          "I cud also do with a Leather Vest, t' carry certain Weapons - n' maybe a bit of flak protection in the Vest wud help as well".
                          "I do still have a few coins left".

"Oh yeh - are we all gonna die of eating junk rations - or can we get some honest ( or even dishonest ) grub ?".
                          "I think Harv here wud agree wiv me on the shoppin' part".
                          Last edited by Karakris; 15 Apr 11, 05:47.

Comment

"Well... having a thought here.
                            Why don't we steal the mule that's taking the delivery? Right before it picks the stuff up, I mean.
                            Is it a security company that's doing the picking up? If it is, we might be able to find some old uniforms second hand somewhere, or something that looks like 'em.

As for the Church, they have rivals, why not talk to the Temple across the street?"
                            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

"I really do think Phiang here has some ideas" says Tamie.
                              "I always believed Ladies were smarter than us damn fellas - they 'r just damn good at hidin' the fact - when they want ter".

"Sounds good, clever Sis".
                              "On both counts - YAY".

"Still - of corz it's up to yu, Capting" he says, looking at Rolf.
                              Last edited by Karakris; 15 Apr 11, 19:38.

Comment

Phaing heads out. "I'm going to have a look at these churches, anyone got a camera?"
                                She takes just a pair of knives, and wears that Victorian/Goth getup.

Looking to see how eager they are for converts, hwo well armed and what the nature of this rivalry is.

"Badger didn't mention what this package was, did he? That's going to complicate things... I
                                ll see if I can suss it out myself while playing the hapless tourist."
                                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X