No announcement yet.

Firefly Chapter 2- On Hunting Rats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harv announces "I'm off to the shipyard to see what I can rustle up for those poor souls on Persephone. After that, groceries, soap and clothes. Who's with me?"

Comment

"Sorry" says Tamie - "Don't know nothin' about ship parts, only cars and vehicles". "I will go with Fang - she likes Weapons, guns and knives - like me".
      "We may be able to 'lift' a Mule, when no-one is watching it - may be worth a try".
      G.M. - Sci Fi Game - the "Krissyverse"
      Darius Jarvinger - Prime Minister of The Phoenix Confederation
      Kris Martins - President of Attican Republic
      Kaar Kristoff - Minister of Interior of The Phoenix Confederation

Comment

Able gets dressed and looks down the ramp. With his overcloak on, he looks almost like he fits in on this backwater. And none of his weapons are visible.

He addresses the crew gathered on top of the ramp:

"Right now we don't need to be worried about arming the ship. She's fast enough to outrun a lot, and anyways she's not robust enough to be doing those Reaver-space runs all by her lonesome. No, for the moment, we need to act the part of good little traders that specialize in getting parts for people in an emergency. That's our meal ticket, getting together a load of parts that we can sell for a tidy profit on Persephone."

Able nods to Rolf, paying that small courtesy to the Captain as an apology for being an outspoken leader.

"Phaing, why don't you grab one or two of the crew and try to get us some long-arms. Right now we've got a handful of pistols, a rifle, and two SMGs. We're not looking for obscene military-grade stuff, for the moment. One Rifle with a good range and an optic, and some other weapons to arm the crew. Remember, Reavers and Pirates tend to have to board someone."

Able looks over to Harvard and Chin

"All right, you two come with me. We're going on a hunt for some parts. Captain, I'll keep this pair out of trouble while they sort through the junk on this rock. We'll need to be picky, there isn't room in the hold for much, so we need to get only what parts we can sell at a decent profit margin."

With that, Able steps down the ramp, and beckons Harvard and Chin to come with him. He calls back...

"Oh, and if someone could get a mule, or even something small and wheeled that we can use to tow a trailer, either would be fine."
        Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

"Hmmmm" says Tamie "Well that sorta spells it out".
          "Guns, the man says". "So - Guns it is".

"By the way - I am not sure if you can get another like my Meat Axe, enyway". "Besides - you have to be used to a thing like that, in order to make best use of it".

"So - if any of yous wants to stock up with Armament - that's the way me and the Lady Fang here are going first".
          "Then, clothes an' some groceries".

"The Mule - well that is more down to luck - that an' our skills n' experience I'd say". "Best be when we're getting ready to leave".
          G.M. - Sci Fi Game - the "Krissyverse"
          Darius Jarvinger - Prime Minister of The Phoenix Confederation
          Kris Martins - President of Attican Republic
          Kaar Kristoff - Minister of Interior of The Phoenix Confederation

Comment

I'll go see what I can find as far as a mule is concerned says Slav.
            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Even if half the crew is happy eating old captured Browncoat rations with a hunting knife, Chin thinks this is a great opportunty to scrounge something along the lines of real food.

"Our junk may just be another man's treasure."

Of course information is another vital resource and more than once back at the monastery the merchant woman sellng the parts or the spices was as useful as were the old book pages the stuff was wrapped in.

"Hmm, here is an advert for work. Perhaps I can take something useful back to the captain. I wonder what kind of name Badger is..."
              "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
              George Mason
              Co-author of the Second Amendment
              during Virginiaís Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

"Able forget about that big MG I snagged. It's lighter than it looks, but yeah... it's no sniper gun. I would like to see if I can get some of those ceramic knives, maybe like what I had before-"
                And Phaing describes these;

Phaing decides to take a radical step and goes unarmed, for now.

"Just thought'a something, maybe too late... personal commo gear. It would be kinda silly to show up with a hot Mule if somebody else in our gang had already got there with a better one."
                (we really need that, or some cells at the very least)

Clothes first, she goes for practical stuff first and foremost, and some Gorram underwear would be nice! A long coat would be good too, something to hide an SMG under, fur lining preferred. Black or gray in color, some color not associated with the Alliance OR the Indies.
                And.... in the unlikely event that this crew gets to do something in the near future that does not revolve around violence and destruction, a less "Merc-looking" outfit- depending on how much credit Tamie is willing to extend;

((yeah, I'm afraid that's about the level of enthusiasm Phaing would have when it comes to actually wearing it... but so it goes. Dash-seems to fit the FF routine, let me know if that's too Goth for your game ))

Guns-
                This seems to be what we need... but Ogilvy is the most likely one to be using something of this sort... need input here-

Hot Damn.... ain't that sweet?
                Yeah yeah, I know.
                But I can dream, can't I?
                Last edited by The Exorcist; 12 Apr 11, 18:33.
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

So, to confirm ...

Harvard and Able are parts shopping at one of many parts dealerships

Tamie and Phiang are weapons shopping at "Colonial Outfitters" before checking into "Laymans Electronics" for Commo Gear

Chin is hurrying back to Rolf with a job opportunity

Tsar is hunting for a good looking mule.

Eight odd Hours and the afore mentioned actions will be carried out.
                  Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

Originally posted by Dashy View Post
                    So, to confirm ...

[COLOR="Blue"]Tamie and Phiang are weapons shopping at "Colonial Outfitters" before checking into "Laymans Electronics" for Commo Gear

Confirmed.
                    How about the knives, ceramic or otherwise?
                    IMHO- half a dozen SMGs and pistols and that big MG ought to cover our needs very well.

A sniper rifle or some sort of "bargain" is about all I am looking for at the gun store, that commo gear is what I think might be a life-saver in the near future.

Right, "Tamie"?
                    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
                      Confirmed.
                      How about the knives, ceramic or otherwise?
                      IMHO- half a dozen SMGs and pistols and that big MG ought to cover our needs very well.

A sniper rifle or some sort of "bargain" is about all I am looking for at the gun store, that commo gear is what I think might be a life-saver in the near future.

Right, "Tamie"?
                      I'm assuming you want weapons grade knives?

make sense if they were sold a weaponry store, unless you want dual purpose Gutting/bread cutting knives?
                      Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

Found another good pic-

Makes me wonder, can our ship go Barn-Storming like that?
                        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

And another!

Our next stop.
                          Looks.... crowded, don't it?
                          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
                            some Gorram underwear would be nice! A long coat would be good too,

Hot Damn.... ain't that sweet?
                            Yeah yeah, I know.
                            But I can dream, can't I?
                            Hmm, Underwear and a long coat. So Phang is going to be our distraction from now on is she?
                            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Caleb is checking into getting additional medical supplies. sorry about lack of posting, it's exam week for me

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                                Hmm, Underwear and a long coat. So Phang is going to be our distraction from now on is she?

Oh yeah? Come up with some details for your own Charecter, okay?
                                The Devil is in the details, don't you know?
                                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X