Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TacCovert4
    replied
    "My only connection to the news from Miranda is that I was there when it was transmitted. I did not know of Miranda before, nor did I really want to back then."

Leave a comment:

• Comrade|Ogilvy
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberknight View Post
    You are exhibiting sampaku tendencies. Perhaps some tea and meditation would be in order. The Alliance XO had some very nice joss sticks in his cabin. Perhaps you would benefit from some Zen, my friend.
    Ogilvy grabbed the small parcel of Jasmine tea, and made his way to the engine room- at most points during the day, that is were chin could be found, meditating, tinkering or just humming strange tunes in eastern scales to himself.

Everything about chin unsettled Ogilvy- the contrast between his stature and demeanor was odd to say the least, but it would seem that chin was everything Ogilvy was not, calm, controlled and disciplined.

Ogilvy entered the engine room to find chin absent- inwardly, he was kind of relieved. pacing twice round the room, Ogilvy practiced in his mind what he was going to say to chin;

"keep it simple, no need to give him my life story, just that I have had some trials... I want to learn the art of meditation and to control myself a bit more... and to brew this gorram tea properly... and, while were at the whole zen thing, some bloody judo lessons would be pretty damn shiny..."

after several minutes, Ogilvy simply sat cross-legged on the the floor, and waited for chin to come.

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    Originally posted by Dashy View Post
    Day or two to Persephone (not RL, RL roughly 12 hours), Time for a little character building!
    (really? Thanks, we could use some of that. As that Kipling story said {The ship that found itself...?} we need to gel as a crew. Otherwise, we'd be set for a very embarrassing encounter with either Badger of Mal's crew.
    However, it's gonna be hard to get clever banter going in real-time here.)

Phaing asks Able to spar with her, she's interested in learning more about fighting with knives. Unarmed combat is not something she is any good at and has no interest in learning. "Nah, I'm too dinky. If I ever get caught without a weapon, I'd have to think of something else.

At a point where she would need a distraction to win the fight, she casually asks "Now that you are dead, what are you going to do with the rest of your life?"

Later, when they are all sitting on the floor to a meager dinner, still in the tight jeans, T-shirt and bare feet she was sparring with; "Okay Able, I know this might not be a good way to thank you for the lessons, but I think we need to get it all out into the open. WHAT is your connection to the news from Miranda? Why is the Parliament so keen to scratch you when they should be worried about their own imminent dimees?"
    [seems like she meant to say "demise"].

And, if there is no shower on the ship, they will find that she stole a crate of Baby-wipes and left them in the bathroom for everyone to use.

Leave a comment:

• Dashy
    replied
    Day or two to Persephone (not RL, RL roughly 12 hours), Time for a little character building!

Leave a comment:

• Cyberknight
    replied
    Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
    So, we rocket in and do like I suggested?
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• Karakris
    replied
    Originally posted by broderickwells View Post
    "We should behave as though both Luskan and Able died of their wounds," suggested Harv. "It'll buy us a little time while the Alliance goes back to check. We could even arrange a fake burial."
    "Thanks Harv - Now that's what I call being inventive"
    "Way to go !".

Leave a comment:

• broderickwells
    replied
    "We should behave as though both Luskan and Able died of their wounds," suggested Harv. "It'll buy us a little time while the Alliance goes back to check. We could even arrange a fake burial."

Leave a comment:

• Karakris
    replied
    Seems So - fine wiv me

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    So, we rocket in and do like I suggested?

Leave a comment:

• Comrade|Ogilvy
    replied
    Whatever.

Leave a comment:

• Tsar
    replied
    Originally posted by Comrade|Ogilvy View Post
    yeah, but this has been significant ly higher risk than we bargained for- thus a higher price is only fair.

and able, we are waiting...
    The deal that we made with the rodent wasn't any higher risk then we estimated. In fact as far as I can tell it was done flawlessly. The trouble came about from an unexpected problem. But it could have been a result of any of us if the alliance wants to get picky. We must keep the deal we made with rodent or we acquire a reputation of being unreliable and untrustworthy.

Leave a comment:

• Dashy
    replied
    where is this alliance ship? the pod used by Lukan was, quite literally, a pod.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberknight
    replied
    Originally posted by Comrade|Ogilvy View Post
    yeah, but this has been significant ly higher risk than we bargained for- thus a higher price is only fair.

How unrisky did you expect a job which was described as "First you blokes go take..." to be?

I only approved of the job because of the condition that no body count or explosions were desired.

You are exhibiting sampaku tendencies. Perhaps some tea and meditation would be in order. The Alliance XO had some very nice joss sticks in his cabin. Perhaps you would benefit from some Zen, my friend.

Leave a comment:

• Comrade|Ogilvy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cyberknight
    replied
    If we don't keep our deal with Badger, Persephone is no longer going to be a world we can do business on.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X