Firefly Chapter 2- On Hunting Rats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
    Phaing nods, "Persephony will have all that, if you have the creds. If you have any, can I borrow some?"
    "I still have a few creds left over from Zhiang Zhou," said Harvard. "I expect I can let you have a few - they're not traceable to the station."

"Well... the reason why Boros is such a great place for spares is the nearby ship-yards. They make Alliance cruisers at a skyplex between there and Ariel. Stuff gets rejected, changed, or declared surplus all the time. We ought to be able to scrounge up some useful stuff... and if you need something at a 5-finger discount, I can do that. My idea after all."
    "We need point defence weapons. You acquire cannons, I'll fit 'em." Harv leans in close and whispers in her ear, "And if you can get another car, we need a ship's mule."

Comment

Originally posted by broderickwells View Post
      "We need point defence weapons. You acquire cannons, I'll fit 'em." Harv leans in close and whispers in her ear, "And if you can get another car, we need a ship's mule."
      Phaing shrugs, "Cars are easy, all I need is some paint or I need to know when we are blasting off. Exactly when.
      Truck, Hovercraft, bike-buggy or what?
      Ships guns are something else, but this is the place to find some... maybe the best place. I don't suppose anyone here can forge papers, or anything like that?"
      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Tamie is listening to this conversation.
        "You are asking - Sister" he says. "Hmmmm - Alliance papers you mean, well I COULD - if you need them, they would stand up to all but a very close look".
        "I did do some work for the Alliance - a fair while back". "Now, don't get me wrong - that is not my kind of way of living at all".
        "I also did some Forging for the Darkman one time - almost had to, went with th' Job". "Stuff he was having moved around - you kinda had to".

"So - Yes - can do". "I figure I owe you people a lot - like my life, see".

"There was I in a cabin - Reavers about to come through the door, only a couple of knives on me - and Caleb here, the good fella, askin' me if I had ever - errr - actually USED me weapons before". " Not good".
        "Then you peepul arrived - and suddenly all shiny agin".
        G.M. - Sci Fi Game - the "Krissyverse"
        Darius Jarvinger - Prime Minister of The Phoenix Confederation
        Kris Martins - President of Attican Republic
        Kaar Kristoff - Minister of Interior of The Phoenix Confederation

Comment

Phaing looks at Tamie and smiles for the first time in days.
          "Well, you are very welcome here. Missiles might be best, but I don't know how to use those. Hey Boss," she looks around for the Captain, "what sort of hardware can we conceal in a hull like this?"

(A description of the new people in the game thread would be good)
          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Tamie Kris Jawohl

Tamie smiles right back at her.
            "Riiight - well, all shiny with me - Sis".
            "By the way - I am Tamie Kris Jawohl - if you ever need to know".

[ Tamie is a bit over average height, and fairly heavily built - early forties, swarthy skin, and looks like he doesn't shave very often - longish straight black hair.
            He is dressed in a long shirt of thin leather, dyed a dark red, tucked into his trousers. He has black leather trousers on, with leather laces up the back of the lower legs - and longish black leather boots up to below the knee, with heavy soles and leather laces.
            He boarded the Ship wearing a large, heavy dark red coat of woven material with a black lining - but he has left that in the cabin.
            At his waist is a heavy belt of brown leather with a loop, in which a blood encrusted straight blade knife 30 cm long is hanging ]

"Sorry" he says - looking at the knife "Not nice for you, Sis". "I must get this blade cleaned up a bit, and stowed properly".

Comment

"Well Phiang, we gotta consider if missiles are worth the risk, they were good on the Gabriel cause I stuck to reaver space like a cowboy to his herd, no alliance officers there, we pick up some missiles on Boros, and get caught en-route to Persephone ...." Rolf mimed slitting his own throat "Some small guns would be nice, but from what Slav and Harvard have been telling me, this little ship can near outmanoeuvre a skiff, there are few ships in the 'verse that can catch us, let alone out-turn us, guns would just slow us down and cause suspicion." He could see Phiang's face imploding into that scowl "But if you really want, I'm sure a few small ones could be concealed in the hull somewhere". Hmph, Rolf thought to himself, that girl won't be happy until we are flying around in a gorram cruiser.
              Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

Phaing thinks about it for a moment.
                "Yeah, okay. Going armed didn't help us much last time, did it? The way things are going, I might as well join the sword-swingers clique we have forming here.
                Or not, all I have left is this silly little knife now, damnit."

She looks at Tamie, "Why do you keep calling me 'sister'? Are you another of these Religolous types?"
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Able looks over the crew:

"It would be in our best interests to *ahem* see what this piece of junk can do, and get to our destination. I trust that our pilot has thought of what would happen if we were to dally and someone from Xiang was to land before us...."

Able then turns and silently goes to his quarters, ostensibly to do, well, whatever Able does when he's being Able by himself.
                  Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Tamie turns back to Phiang - "Sorry" he says. "Nope - never been religious at all". "Just my way of being friendly - y' see" - "Always call Ladies sister, unless they think they are too good to talk to the likes of me - always call men fella". "Still - if y' prefer Fang - that is shiny too".

"Riight - Fang - I also have another long knife in me Kit Bag, like the one I am just gonna clean - you c'n have it if you want".
                    Last edited by Karakris; 11 Apr 11, 07:43.

Comment

"Captain" Slavimor Hailed from the bridge "Boros is visual, requesting landing authorisation."

"Right Crew, time to sniff us some-deals, Small and cheap, thats the watchword."

Please PM me your actions, Rolf is going to stay on board, you are free to do as you please. The town we have landed, Nausicaa's Valley, Is a small 10'000 odd strong little trading post. It is one of hundreds of towns like it on Boros, acting as an outlet to offworlders. Buildings of note are ....
                      • A weapon store called "Colonial Outfitters"
                      • several engine part stores
                      • "Laymans Shipboard Electronics" which seems to deal with wavescreens and scanners (second hand)
                      • A herbalists
                      • A smallshipyard, high alliance presence, it seems it makes gunships, however the garrison rarely ventures beyond the shipyards walls.
                      • A large mine, used to gather key elements for spacefuel.
                      • A meduim sized dock, can hold up to 40 small and mid bulk transports
                      • A shuttle outlet
                      • A Prosperous whorehouse
                      • Two taverns, across the road from one another, one is the "Gnarled Club", a rustic looking ranchers establishment while the other "Neon Flow" is the sort of Club found in central worlds, its target audience seems to be rich visitors.
                      • A large Bank, "Wind Finance and Storage", it contains the savings of the locals, and invests heavily in local industries.
                      • several small ranches, and one large one "Wind Valley Ranch"
                      • Two churches, at opposite sides of the town to each other. they overshadow nearby buildings, and it is clear there is some form of "Cold War" going on between the two, one is a massive neo-gothic cathedral dedicated to St Peter while the other is an imposing Anglican church

Comment

Nice selection, thanks Dashy!

Phaing likes to run with guys who are larger than she is, helps her fade or vanish at the right times.

"Cool place, who wants to come with me?"
                        Even if nobody does, she can operate alone. Like, go to the bar, get some local stud liquored up and con them into stealing a jeep for her, and then making off with it.

As for engine parts and other stuff.... what do they need on Perspirenie?
                        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

To Phiang

"Riiight" says Tamie - "Good n' shiny it is".

"You wanna come wiv me - Fang ?" "I have to get some Ammo for me guns, mebbe some clean clothes".
                          "I know you c'n do with some shoes or boots that fit, at least" - "N' I have a few coins to spare". "I c'n also get you another long knife - 'n a Flenching Knife like what I usually carry in a hidey place".

"The place where I get the Ammo and knives shud also have some other weapons fer the ship".
                          "If yu wus lookin' t' get a car - I cud help wiv that as well".

"Up to you - Lady".
                          Last edited by Karakris; 12 Apr 11, 03:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Karakris View Post
                            "Up to you - Lady".
                            "Hey, sounds good to me. I was going to look for a car of some kind anyhow.
                            A what kind of knife? Sounds kinda fancy for me...

So, Tamie, where shall we start? I see a shuttle store but no Car Distributor."
                            ((Does our ship need a shuttle? Can it handle one?))

Phaing ducks into a room and tears the cheap old kimono robe apart, and emerges a minute later wearing something like a skirt and tubetop combo. The over-large sandals are the worst part now, and the fact that she can't hide a gun, just a knife.
                            ((are guns legal to carry here?))

"I hate it when some schiesskopf blows all my stuff up. Starting from zero gets annoying when you have to do it every three year.
                            Okay Tamie, I'm ready. Anyone else coming with?"
                            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Tamie replies "All shiny then - Lady".
                              "For info. a flenching knife is kinda nasty - but damn good in a close fight". " I would show you mine - but it is kinda hidden - see".
                              "It has a slightly curved blade, with backward facing teeth". "You c'n use it to pull someone onto your long knife, or a sword - but you c'n also use it to deflect their knife arm, pulling it off to one side".

"Added to which, it c'n make a mess of someone". "if you stick a flenching knife INTO someone - you better be very strong - coz it is damn hard to pull out - usually takes a hell of a big of chunk of 'em out wiv it".

"I usually work alone - but I don' mind company - jus' never get it, usually". "Any of yous others wanna tag along - yur welcome".

"Not sure if guns 'r illegal here - I never let it stop me carrying usually" "Just better not to have 'erm right out in sight". "I will go get the Meat Axe and holster - and my big coat, which hides things a bit - well kind of ". "Two minits at most".

Tamie goes quickly to his cabin, wipes off the long knife - straps on the holster, and the Meat Axe, and slings his heavy coat over it all. He slips the long knife into the holder inside his coat. He also pulls his money bag from out the top of his right boot - and puts it in a pocket inside his coat. He grabs the Gunny ( pistol ) from his Kit Bag and clips it in its holster onto his belt.

"Riiight" says Tamie "Ready to roll - unless any one else needs to collect some things".
                              "Well Fang - we COULD steal a Car, like you were planning anyway". "Shuttles - not sure - depends on Rolf the Capting here".

"We will need to find a gun and weapons store - and a clothes store". "Some food supplies would also be useful - and maybe some drink, as well". "Best not get the hard stuff, though". "That can slow you down too much if'n you get into a fight".
                              Last edited by Karakris; 12 Apr 11, 03:50.

Comment

No Cars, but there are several mules, one is the newest Iskellian, with mounted MG, belonging to the Shipyard.

Guns are allowed, but must be holstered at all times. No room for a shuttle.

Waves from Persephone indicate any parts would be appreciated, there are a few ships with blown engines which need every and any part to get them flying again

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X