No announcement yet.

Firefly Chapter 2- On Hunting Rats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I have ... Contacts on Persephone, also it 'aint exactly Alliance friendly."
    Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

"hmmm" Able Considers "Persephone is likely to have a decent selection of small but valuable cargoes that can be moved." He turns to Rolf "Do you have any connections dirtside that would have such cargoes?"
      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by Dashy View Post
        "I have ... Contacts on Persephone, also it 'aint exactly Alliance friendly."
        Right then Iíll go put us on a course to Persephone, unless there are other possible choses to discuss?
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
          "hmmm" Able Considers "Persephone is likely to have a decent selection of small but valuable cargoes that can be moved." He turns to Rolf "Do you have any connections dirtside that would have such cargoes?"
          "Well, this transmission has turned everything upside down. We can only wait and see."

Rolf grimaced

"At least I know for sure we can get free fuel."

Comment

"That will be acceptable then. Persephone is a trading hub. Now we know our mission, to find favorable and profitable work upon arrival. At least our fuel situation can be handled by your contacts."
            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Caleb had boarded the ship along with Phaing and the others from the hulk. Like Phaing he had also headed for the cabins, but for an entirely different reason. he rummaged through a couple of the cabins, looking for anything he would find useful. He ended up finding some gun oil in one and a bottle of fairly good rye in another. In the same cabin as the liquor he came across a pair of simple sandals, and thinking of the barefoot Phaing picked them up as well.

He returned to the eating area in time to hear the discussion between Rolf and the other crew members, and waited at the edge of the room for some of them to disperse before sliding in across from Phaing. He tossed the sandals towards her.

"These probably aren't youah size little lady, but it better than bare soles on a cold deck I'd think." he said, not quite meeting her eyes.

He placed the sword, taken from a guard in the prison escape and no where near as nice as his own had been, on the table along with the gun oil and bottle of rye.

"Like a drink?" he said indicating the bottle as he began to apply the gun oil to the blade with a rag.

Comment

well... that was a lightning-fast 24 hours.

Originally posted by Distaff View Post
                "These probably aren't youah size little lady, but it better than bare soles on a cold deck I'd think." he said, not quite meeting her eyes.
                Phaing smiles and thanks him... and then gives him a curious look. Hmmm.... what exactly does this guy think he knows?

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                Right then Iíll go put us on a course to Persephone, unless there are other possible choses to discuss?
                "Um, yo!" raises a hand while slipping the sandals on. "We are in the Georgia (pronounced Jaw-Juh, of course) system, yes? There are closer, quieter places than Persephonie-
                Regina is a mining colony, a small amount of precious metals, like what we can fit in out dinky hold, could earn us a good commission.
                Ezra, a guy named Nishka has his base there. Evil S.O.B., but he might have work for a bunch of shiong-mung duh kwong-run that nobody ever heard of... like us.

And then there is Boros. Now, if I wanted to be clever, I would send a wave over to my palz on Persephonie, and see if there are any ships that are stuck there with parts issues, and have a crew with issues that needs to leave, fast. These days, things seem kinda chaotic... we haven't talked about Miranda and what it means yet, but I bet they have over there.
                Anyhow - Boros has all sorts of spare parts laying around, that's what it's famous for. Legal, otherwise, I dunno. We find out what the ship on Persperire needs, pick the stuff up on Boros and THEN go to the core worlds.
                Point is, we arrive with a ship that works for the guys who need to leave, our mechanic has a look at their ship, and if it's good, we trade and let them zoom away, while we hang at Persephony a while, rebuild our new ship."

Phaing shrugs.
                "Thats what I think, anyhow."
                Last edited by The Exorcist; 07 Apr 11, 23:50.
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
                  "Um, yo!" raises a hand while slipping the sandals on. "We are in the Georgia (pronounced Jaw-Juh, of course) system, yes? There are closer, quieter places than Persephonie-
                  Regina is a mining colony, a small amount of precious metals, like what we can fit in out dinky hold, could earn us a good commission.
                  Ezra, a guy named Nishka has his base there. Evil S.O.B., but he might have work for a bunch of shiong-mung duh kwong-run that nobody ever heard of... like us.

And then there is Boros. Now, if I wanted to be clever, I would send a wave over to my palz on Persephonie, and see if there are any ships that are stuck there with parts issues, and have a crew with issues that needs to leave, fast. These days, things seem kinda chaotic... we haven't talked about Miranda and what it means yet, but I bet they have over there.
                  Anyhow - Boros has all sorts of spare parts laying around, that's what it's famous for. Legal, otherwise, I dunno. We find out what the ship on Persperire needs, pick the stuff up on Boros and THEN go to the core worlds.
                  Point is, we arrive with a ship that works for the guys who need to leave, our mechanic has a look at their ship, and if it's good, we trade and let them zoom away, while we hang at Persephony a while, rebuild our new ship."

Phaing shrugs.
                  "Thats what I think, anyhow."
                  Yeah, makes sense to me. Better to have something to trade before we show up on Persephone,then it is to hope we can find something to do once we get there.
                  Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Harvard, in the safety of his own cabin, vented steam.

"This ship is perfectly designed for carrying high profit cargo, you festering gobbler. The kinds of cargo that pay the most are the smallest - not bulk. And if you can find a better ship, you steal it. Pain in the bum rebel plonker, did he think there was a selection of ships going for free? Aargh!" Harv took a deep breath. "Still, Phaing's got nice hooters. And he hasn't asked for the coin back, so I guess it's not a bad day."

"Cap'n, my vote is for anywhere that sells soap, underwear and coffee, in that order."

Comment

"We'll stop off on Boros, I've already sent a longwave to my contacts on Persephone (which is a Border world) so we won't be able to stay long."

Comment

Right then Boros it is (god that sounds familiar). I'll set the course and we're on the way.
                        Last edited by Tsar; 08 Apr 11, 19:46.

Comment

Chin mused that perhaps he should spend some time on the Cortex encyclopedia of Alliance planets because he realized his time within the cloisters of monastic life gave him no clue as to what was out in the Black or the Core.
                          "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                          George Mason
                          Co-author of the Second Amendment
                          during Virginiaís Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

Tamie found himself an acceptabe space in one of the Cabins, and put the Kit Bag down there. He had a wuick look around - but as nothing usef ul was visible, he decide to leave it for later.

He walked into the eating area in time to hear the conversation going on.
                            "I see we're all here" he said.
                            "Riight - seeing as we're gonna be getting into fire fights from time to time - somehere where I cna get some ammunition would be useful".
                            "The Meat Axe of mine is very handy sometimes, and I also have a heavy Pistol - but they both need ammunition - and I don't have a great deal of it". "Glad to see we're all gettig tooled up tho' - that is better".

"Now - Boros". "I think I heard some talk about it sometime, but I don't hang around enuff usually to get into long chats with folks". "I reckon it shud be alright - mebbe".

"But Persephone - don't know much about that one at all".

"So long as we ain't going to the place I was last at".
                            "I was kinda on a getaway from that place - Jankshin - when the transport got hit by Reavers". "Never want to go back to Jankshin - and you might not like it either".
                            "Either yu work for the Darkman there - or you join the gangers". "I was working for the Darkman first - Security for one of his warehouses - but pay weren't much". "Never met the man hisself though". "Hmmm - then I drove a car for him, picking up 'packages' - better, but I later I was hit by the gangers, took everything and left me in a state". "So I had t' do a getaway - if'n you lose a 'package' for the Darkman - you don't live long, but take a long time dyin'".
                            "Those gangers are a very rough, disorganised lot - like Reavers, but they don't eat you, and not always killing you". "Once the got the 'package' they seemd pleased - but if they try to sample that stuff, they will be dead in minits - it hain't been cut yet". "Yeh - I knew what it was".

"Like I tol' Caleb here - I had t' leave the Meat Axe, my Gunny ( pistol ) and Kit Bag stashed, whilst doing them runs - so I ain't never gonna go empty handed agin". "'Course I also have some blades on me - for close work".
                            "I have been a Merc - sometime back". "But only a hack and run fighter compared to Able there".

"Yeh - Boros shud be okay - sort of - shiny wiv me anyway".
                            G.M. - Sci Fi Game - the "Krissyverse"
                            Darius Jarvinger - Prime Minister of The Phoenix Confederation
                            Kris Martins - President of Attican Republic
                            Kaar Kristoff - Minister of Interior of The Phoenix Confederation

Comment

Originally posted by broderickwells View Post
                              "Cap'n, my vote is for anywhere that sells soap, underwear and coffee, in that order."
                              Phaing nods, "Persephony will have all that, if you have the creds. If you have any, can I borrow some?"

Originally posted by Karakris View Post
                              "Riight - seeing as we're gonna be getting into fire fights from time to time - somehere where I cna get some ammunition would be useful".
                              "The Meat Axe of mine is very handy sometimes, and I also have a heavy Pistol - but they both need ammunition - and I don't have a great deal of it". "Glad to see we're all gettig tooled up tho' - that is better".

"Yeh - Boros shud be okay - sort of - shiny wiv me anyway".
                              "Well... the reason why Boros is such a great place for spares is the nearby ship-yards. They make Alliance cruisers at a skyplex between there and Ariel. Stuff gets rejected, changed, or declared surplus all the time. We ought to be able to scrounge up some useful stuff... and if you need something at a 5-finger discount, I can do that. My idea after all."
                              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Ogilvy tries to follow the conversation, but gives up, and shuffles off to the last remaining cabin. Everything since the escape was such a blur- not that it was much of an escape on his part- he mostly followed along fang's path of destruction. Ogilvy, in hindsight wasn't sure how he got onto the ship- if there had been time for a discussion between him and rolf, or time for rolf to even think about anything for that matter, Ogilvy was sure he would have been left stranded there- he was thankfull and everything, but i'll at ease; especially with that able guy hanging around and smarming up to rolf at every turn- seriously, the guy may as well have a massive neon sign "Hey, im a programmed alliance killing machine!". seriously.

upon reaching the cabin, he locked it (good old fashioned bolt installed, thankfully- no electronic doodahs.) and was surprised and gratefull to find a long black greatcoat, nicer than the one he had lost- some kind of nice brushed wool type stuff, perfect fit too along with a white shirt which was a fraction too large.

it wasn't much to go on, but it was something.
                                Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
                                ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

Working...
                                X