• Show
Clear All

• Seems So - fine wiv me
    G.M. - Sci Fi Game - the "Krissyverse"
    Darius Jarvinger - Prime Minister of The Phoenix Confederation
    Kris Martins - President of Attican Republic
    Kaar Kristoff - Minister of Interior of The Phoenix Confederation

Comment

• "We should behave as though both Luskan and Able died of their wounds," suggested Harv. "It'll buy us a little time while the Alliance goes back to check. We could even arrange a fake burial."

Comment

• Originally posted by broderickwells View Post
        "We should behave as though both Luskan and Able died of their wounds," suggested Harv. "It'll buy us a little time while the Alliance goes back to check. We could even arrange a fake burial."
        "Thanks Harv - Now that's what I call being inventive"
        "Way to go !".

Comment

• Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
          So, we rocket in and do like I suggested?
          Yes.
          "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
          George Mason
          Co-author of the Second Amendment
          during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

• Day or two to Persephone (not RL, RL roughly 12 hours), Time for a little character building!
            Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

• Originally posted by Dashy View Post
              Day or two to Persephone (not RL, RL roughly 12 hours), Time for a little character building!
              (really? Thanks, we could use some of that. As that Kipling story said {The ship that found itself...?} we need to gel as a crew. Otherwise, we'd be set for a very embarrassing encounter with either Badger of Mal's crew.
              However, it's gonna be hard to get clever banter going in real-time here.)

Phaing asks Able to spar with her, she's interested in learning more about fighting with knives. Unarmed combat is not something she is any good at and has no interest in learning. "Nah, I'm too dinky. If I ever get caught without a weapon, I'd have to think of something else.

At a point where she would need a distraction to win the fight, she casually asks "Now that you are dead, what are you going to do with the rest of your life?"

Later, when they are all sitting on the floor to a meager dinner, still in the tight jeans, T-shirt and bare feet she was sparring with; "Okay Able, I know this might not be a good way to thank you for the lessons, but I think we need to get it all out into the open. WHAT is your connection to the news from Miranda? Why is the Parliament so keen to scratch you when they should be worried about their own imminent dimees?"
              [seems like she meant to say "demise"].

And, if there is no shower on the ship, they will find that she stole a crate of Baby-wipes and left them in the bathroom for everyone to use.
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyberknight View Post
                You are exhibiting sampaku tendencies. Perhaps some tea and meditation would be in order. The Alliance XO had some very nice joss sticks in his cabin. Perhaps you would benefit from some Zen, my friend.
                Ogilvy grabbed the small parcel of Jasmine tea, and made his way to the engine room- at most points during the day, that is were chin could be found, meditating, tinkering or just humming strange tunes in eastern scales to himself.

Everything about chin unsettled Ogilvy- the contrast between his stature and demeanor was odd to say the least, but it would seem that chin was everything Ogilvy was not, calm, controlled and disciplined.

Ogilvy entered the engine room to find chin absent- inwardly, he was kind of relieved. pacing twice round the room, Ogilvy practiced in his mind what he was going to say to chin;

"keep it simple, no need to give him my life story, just that I have had some trials... I want to learn the art of meditation and to control myself a bit more... and to brew this gorram tea properly... and, while were at the whole zen thing, some bloody judo lessons would be pretty damn shiny..."

after several minutes, Ogilvy simply sat cross-legged on the the floor, and waited for chin to come.
                Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
                ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

• "My only connection to the news from Miranda is that I was there when it was transmitted. I did not know of Miranda before, nor did I really want to back then."
                  Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• "Riiiight -Hmmm - never been to Miranda myself"
                    "I've knocked around a few places in my life - mostly ones whose names I forgot".
                    "It always seemed more important to try and get a feel for the local 'Job Market' - find out who was hiring and fur t' do wot".

"Never done anything exactly official, nor anything exactly legal - I allus seem to fined meself in the 'shadowland' sort uf thing".
                    "I never had any connections wiv the Alliance - good or bad".

"Nearest connection was me Uncle Chet". "He was sort of freelance - and sometimes did odd jobs fur the Alliance" "An' I do mean 'odd' - he never talked about it, really".

"He was damn fast wiv Guns or Blades - an' iffen I have any skills in that line - I got 'em off him". "Arter me parent werr chewed up by Reavers - Uncle Chet kinda finished off bringin' me up - taught me close combat, how to shoot, and made me see it ain't no use flinchin' and hopin' the other guy don't really want ya dead".
                    "Iffen someone gets dat look in der eyes, weapon or no - you just got to be da first one to shoot or slash - else yu are gonna get hurt bad or dead mebbe". "Him as strikes second is nivver gonna be the winner".

"So arter Uncle Chet kinda said - yous all growed up now boy - go an' make yur own way in da world" "I started out being a pair of hands fur hire - humpin' stuff, deliveries, some gun wurk, whatever paid".

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                      "My only connection to the news from Miranda is that I was there when it was transmitted. I did not know of Miranda before, nor did I really want to back then."
                      Phaing has had an easier time starting a conversation with a Fem-bot.
                      "You were there? Whaddaya mean by that, you were on Miranda?"
                      She tosses her knives at his knees... they will land handle-first, not blade first, if he can't parry or avoid them. Then she back-flips and pulls her own ceramic knives.
                      "How's the weather there? I guess the stuff they put in the air is still there, so it ain't good for anyone to live on it... maybe. I guess it would make a good place for a prison for the criminally insane... Psyko freaks and such."
                      More sparing, her hips wiggling as if to music that only her ears can pick up.
                      "I've known lots of freaks, lots of suicidally belligerent folks, but most of them got killed in the war. A lot of the ones that didn't went into banking or show-business later."
                      Letting him tangle her blades up with his sword, she just lets go of them and dives... turning a sommer-sault between his legs and diving for the knives she flipped at his knees a moment ago.

Of course, she does not make it, and as Able has her pinned to the floor, she asks; "Okay Mr. Man, how would you suggest I get out of this predicament?"
                      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by Karakris View Post
                        "So arter Uncle Chet kinda said - yous all growed up now boy - go an' make yur own way in da world" "I started out being a pair of hands fur hire - humpin' stuff, deliveries, some gun wurk, whatever paid".
                        Even pinned and bent in a torturous position, Phaing seems able to ignore the pain and the humiliation with equal ease... if anything the embarrassment of it all does not even seem to register with her at all.

She glances at Tamie and quips- "You humped deliveries? I hope they didn't object too much." Sly grin. "And how did you managed to find yourself on such a fine ship, eh? Oh, not this one, I mean the one we found you and the Revers on, of course."
                        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by Comrade|Ogilvy View Post
                          Ogilvy grabbed the small parcel of Jasmine tea, and made his way to the engine room- at most points during the day, that is were chin could be found, meditating, tinkering or just humming strange tunes in eastern scales to himself.

Everything about chin unsettled Ogilvy- the contrast between his stature and demeanor was odd to say the least, but it would seem that chin was everything Ogilvy was not, calm, controlled and disciplined.

Ogilvy entered the engine room to find chin absent- inwardly, he was kind of relieved. pacing twice round the room, Ogilvy practiced in his mind what he was going to say to chin;

"keep it simple, no need to give him my life story, just that I have had some trials... I want to learn the art of meditation and to control myself a bit more... and to brew this gorram tea properly... and, while were at the whole zen thing, some bloody judo lessons would be pretty damn shiny..."

after several minutes, Ogilvy simply sat cross-legged on the the floor, and waited for chin to come.
                          Harv noticed Ogilvy sitting, waiting, in the engine room. It was hard not too, as there was little space not devoted to controls that was wasted.

"I believe the importance of brewing tea correctly is to achieve an appreciation of the simple things in life." Ogilvy would have hit Harv, but for the fact he was facing the wrong direction. Instead, he slapped a control panel harder than was necessary to produce a clang. It probably hurt, as Ogilvy waggled his hand, as though to shake the pain out.

"I don't know you all that well, O, but it seems you're angry most of the time. And that's a drag to be around. It means I don't know when you're going to try and hit me. Means I have to worry about my skin instead of the ship's. Oh, you're tea should be well and truly brewed, judging by the smell. But I guess you're looking for Chin and not after lessons on mechanics, so you'll find him in the galley or rather that's where I left him."

Harv didn't wait for a reply but wandered back to watch Able and Phaing sparring. There was a beauty in Able's movements that was almost balletic. Phaing, though she tried, just didn't have the fluidity and seemed to move into Able's feints and jabs. But mostly he just watched the curve of her bum, the silhouette of her bust, the line of her neck - damn, Harv had to get some action.

He retreated back up the corridor a little then danced with his shadow: the tango, mambo patterns, waltz, a samba, all done in the same 5' by 3' stretch of corridor. Thanking his imaginary partner, Harv returned to the mundane and listened to the ship. It'd hold until Persephone, and then some. He'd actually stolen a decent boat.

Comment

• [[ Damn !! - I Posted a Reply in answer to the Question by Phiang - two hours ago - now it's just gone - Phhhhht !! ]]

"Sorry Phiang - I DELIVERED Deliveries"

"I saved a fair bit of cash frum m' work fur the Darkman, stashed in me bunk-hole place - specially made a lot of cash frum doin' deliveries".

"Den one night I was jumped by Gangers - who stole the Van AND the Delivery". "I didn'a 'ave me Weapons wiv me, and dere was six of dem. "Llike I said I c'n tell if someone is determ'ned to kill me - dey wusn't"
                            "However - I figgured the Darkman wus gonna value his lost "Package" at a lot more th'n me life - it was all 100% Uncut stuff !".

"So I dragged meself back to the bunk-hole, fixed the cuts n' strapped me ribs - then went lookin' f'r qwick transport off-world".

"Took most of me stash too - ter get away". "Wiv last minit place an' no questions arsked". " I even had to weave a tale about da Meat Axe - I wusna gonna leave it behind". "Th' small amount I spent on that last place we wuz at - woz all I had left".
                            "BUT - wot's the use o' money, if you carn't brung yeself to spend it wen yu need to - life is wurth more than money - even mine".

"Arter dat - sailin' along - Bang !! Bang !!, Reavers on board and tryin ta knok de door down !".
                            "I got into dat Kabin wiv me mate dere' - but no wepons - den you angels o' mercy appeared".
                            Last edited by Karakris; 12 May 11, 05:49.

Comment

• Originally posted by Comrade|Ogilvy View Post

Chin Sanchex Rogov admitted to surprise on encountering Ogilvy and knew well the need to find serenity, for didn't he have that same desparation?

"Friend Ogilvy, please join my meditations. I hope you understand, however, that I am no master but merely a seeker such as yourself."

"The comfort of the ritual involved in lighting the joss, preparing the tea, and meditaiton is a tool to finding peace, not a sign that it has been attained."

Chin hoped that perhaps Ogilvy understood that he was no rival but now a member of the monk's new order.

"Afterwards, perhaps you would care to join me in the exercise of the Stalking Leopard."
                              "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                              George Mason
                              Co-author of the Second Amendment
                              during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

• Phaing blinks at Tamie, and then contorts around (contortion is one of her skills, IIRC) going from the provocative to the downright grotesque ... and gasps- "Guardian angels, eh?"
                                Still struggling to get free of Able's pin-hold she hisses at him; "Now doesn't that have a nice ring to it? No other crew is using it, are they? Heh, we could all wear cool hats and ... and..."

She makes one last try to break free before giving up.
                                "Well, mystery man, now that you have me, what are you gonna do with me?" asked with blank curiosity and no apparent concern that Tamie is still standing there.
                                Tamie, from his vantage point, could see that she had tried , and failed, to reach one of the discarded knives laying around.
                                When it comes to unarmed combat in desperate situations, there are many different schools of thought.
                                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X