No announcement yet.

Firefly Chapter 2- On Hunting Rats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "And hows that going for ya?" ogilvy says snidely, inclining his head toward the bloody sword, still dripping onto the deck.

"ok, able, please, enlighten us; what were those 'ideals'?"
    Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
    ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

• "Sorry Mate - but you shoudn't be pushing the guy so much - Ogilvy"
      "We all dun things we wish we hand't - and wot's the point in discussing ideals - when the Alliance made a mockery of 'em".

"Sorry Able - but I NEVER believed the Allaince valued anything but their own dictatorial Agenda - so t'aint important no more".
      "Yur a dam good fighter, an' stand by yur fella crew - that's wot matters ta me".

"Like I said, Ogilvy - we all hav our own beliefs - but wen the chips 'r down - it's wot you DO dat matters".
      G.M. - Sci Fi Game - the "Krissyverse"
      Darius Jarvinger - Prime Minister of The Phoenix Confederation
      Kris Martins - President of Attican Republic
      Kaar Kristoff - Minister of Interior of The Phoenix Confederation

Comment

• "Tamie; shut up. If it wasn't for Chin's Zen ****, we'd be dead, because of him, and I wan't to know whats going on.

so Able, you were saying....

and what IS your name anyway?"
        ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

• Wrap up boys ...
          Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

• Originally posted by Comrade|Ogilvy View Post
            Not that I speak a whole lot of Chink, but by the look on Chin's face, what you just said wasn't exactly... savory. Whats up?
            "The Alliance ship would tempoorarily serve us better than this hunk of junk and since the Alliance is already after us, what have we to lose by angering them more? Thereis somethng else going on here."

"As you all know, I am the most peaceful of men, yet I find myself fighting always. I would prefer to finish this and return to my meditations and search for enlightenment. Let us take the faster ship."
            "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
            George Mason
            Co-author of the Second Amendment
            during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

• "I gotta say - Chin really does have a point there"

"However - remember we gotta land on Persephony in wot ever Ship we are in". "That is somthin' to think on".

Comment

• Originally posted by Dashy View Post
                Wrap up boys ...
                last one from me-

"Yes, we DO have to land in the ship we are in, and they probably know where we are headed... but it's a big world! How about we push the engines to the limit, and then push them some more. Land on the most remote place we can get transport from, and do it so far ahead of schedule that we are already on a train or something before they are even looking for us."

we have more than one engineer, so there may be some discussion on how fast we can really go.... Phaing will take the side of the one with the faster estimate.

"As for this Lassiter, what can we really ask for it?
                Would it be enough money for a ship that can be legally registered, in an above-board way?
                If so, do we want to stay together? Its been a rough ride, but I like it rough and I can get along with most of you." glances at Chin, Tamie, and even Able.
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• "I' m staying wiv you guys - iffen you c'n put up wiv me"
                  "Nowhere better fur t' go".

Comment

• If we don't keep our deal with Badger, Persephone is no longer going to be a world we can do business on.
                    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                    George Mason

Comment

• yeah, but this has been significant ly higher risk than we bargained for- thus a higher price is only fair.

and able, we are waiting...
                      ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

yeah, but this has been significant ly higher risk than we bargained for- thus a higher price is only fair.

How unrisky did you expect a job which was described as "First you blokes go take..." to be?

I only approved of the job because of the condition that no body count or explosions were desired.

You are exhibiting sampaku tendencies. Perhaps some tea and meditation would be in order. The Alliance XO had some very nice joss sticks in his cabin. Perhaps you would benefit from some Zen, my friend.
                        George Mason

Comment

• where is this alliance ship? the pod used by Lukan was, quite literally, a pod.
                          Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

yeah, but this has been significant ly higher risk than we bargained for- thus a higher price is only fair.

The deal that we made with the rodent wasn't any higher risk then we estimated. In fact as far as I can tell it was done flawlessly. The trouble came about from an unexpected problem. But it could have been a result of any of us if the alliance wants to get picky. We must keep the deal we made with rodent or we acquire a reputation of being unreliable and untrustworthy.
                            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Whatever.
                              ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

• So, we rocket in and do like I suggested?
                                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X