No announcement yet.

Firefly Chapter 2- On Hunting Rats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Head for Persephone, I want my credits for the job and this gorram behind us."
    Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

• Right-O

Hits the power for a fast burn.
      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Sometimes it is better to be unnoticed or unappreciated than to be undone.
        "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
        George Mason
        Co-author of the Second Amendment
        during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

• Originally posted by Tsar View Post
          Um, folks are you seriously thinking about stealing an Alliance cruiser?

I just want to know just how far up a Fen Fen Pi Goh we're going.
          In all reality they already seem to be angry at us. I don't see any means of reasoning with the likes of this person.
          "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
          George Mason
          Co-author of the Second Amendment
          during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

• "I agree with Brother Chin. Stealing an Alliance naval vessel would be too obvious. Not even the Reavers are that mad. But I'd sure cannibalise it for parts..."

Comment

• Originally posted by broderickwells View Post
              "I agree with Brother Chin. Stealing an Alliance naval vessel would be too obvious. Not even the Reavers are that mad. But I'd sure cannibalise it for parts..."
              Phaing laughs at that, as she shovels the gory bits into a trash-bag with no real concern. "Where is that mop at, anywho?"

To Able- "So... now the Alliance is after you, instead of the Serenity? Figures, and now they are after us as well... but here is what I am trying to puzzle-out; How did they know you were on this particular ship? Someone back at the Skyplex, or the place we just left?"
              She leans on the grizzly shovel and shakes her head at the ex-operative. "A mind-reader with a sword, eh? I guess that's the difference between being clever and being intelligent. Oh well, no point in us splitting up now, not when they know we are together."
              Cryptic enough to keep even Him guessing at what she means by 'we'...

"Hey Boss!" she calls out to the Captain. "Does going to Perspireonme mean we's gonna be on the same course as we was when the Corvette bounced us? 'Cause if so, it might be hard to surprise them... maybe if we go twice as fast, might make 'em wonder for a few minutes, but I dunno. Might have to get crafty here."

She looks down at the bag before sending it down the trash chute. "Hm, maybe I shouldn't have. Next time I'll just chop 'em off at the knees, 'less they blind me first."
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• "Probably the Skyplex. I doubt that the Alliance failed to do a full investigation, and they would have noticed that a bunch of guys trying to overthrow the Alliance, and rather well armed with guns, were taken apart by a knife and a sword. Kind of obvious, but I was trying to be quiet, and I didn't have much time to be sneaky."
                Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• "Why Swords?" She goes to the sink and washes the gunk off the only things worth saving- that guy's blades.

"Mmmm... nice knives! See, this is what I like, you want the cutlass that little assassin had?"
                  "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Harv drags out the mop and starts swabbing the deck - blood stinks something awful when it rots and he'd smelled enough of that.

"Well, let's see what goodies they left us," he said when he was satisfied the gore was at an acceptable level.

Comment

• Whatever happened to the "serenity" anyway?
                      Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
                      ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Comrade|Ogilvy View Post
                        Whatever happened to the "serenity" anyway?
                        Phaing shrugs. "I've heard of it, but not much. They lay low and ghost around like the 'verse is out to get them or somethin'. Might as well go looking for a Black Hole as try to find that boat."

"Thefty crew, in fact, didn't they...." She stands very still and looks in the general direction of where the Lassiter is stashed.
                        "Awww.... Tai-kong suo-yo duh shing-chiou sai-jin wuh duh pee!"

(sorry, can't do a translation of that one w/o getting banned!)
                        Last edited by The Exorcist; 09 May 11, 14:18.
                        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Not that I speak a whole lot of Chink, but by the look on Chin's face, what you just said wasn't exactly... savory. Whats up?
                          ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

• "Serenity? Mostly they're laying low, doing jobs. Good working crew, especially for stuff that needs to be off the books. I gave them a bit of help in repairing their ship after our last meeting. So they're out there, probably rebuilding their contact list."

"What do you mean by tha"

"Umm, did I mention that one of the tactics I used was killing every single person they had made contact with in the past year?"

Comment

• "which convieninetly brings me to question number two:

what are you, able, if not some mentally conditioned super-soldier?"

"I am a for-"

"DON'T GIVE ME YOUR FORCE OF NATURE BULLS**T!!!!

I wan't the truth, and after all the strife you have caused, I think the least you could do is afford us a straight explanation."
                              ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

• "I was a believer. I had dedicated my life to ideals, and the furtherance of those ideals. And I had trained, endlessly trained over the years to become the best possible warrior. I might have some genetic modifications, there are small portions of time that I do not remember. All I know is that the Alliance betrayed those ideals, and manipulated me to becoming their death angel, their assassin. And I will not be that again."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X