Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firefly Chapter 2- On Hunting Rats

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dashy
    replied
    The Priest (east Church) is confounded by Phiangs flurry of questions, and slowly gets more and more flustered. however when she asks about the (west) church he is concerned. He explains that there is something fishy about the church across the road. Though the pastor holds regular Sunday services, he is never "in" during the week for his flock, and the priest has noticed that the Pastor across the road gets far more in terms of mail than he should.

    As for the Ambush site, there seems to be no ideal spot. the path from the church to ranch is twenty miles of prairie.

    As for shopping, walkie talkies with a signal range of three klicks have been found, with a feature that enables them to be used as an emergency beacon installed, should they be used as an emergency beacon they can send an emergency signal (Morse,of course) massive distances.

    Ogilvy successfully got some tea, though at a high price. Should have stuck with supplements.

    Collectively we are now low on cash, with only traceable credits and a few platinum coins left.

    Leave a comment:


  • TacCovert4
    replied
    Able looks at Rolf

    "Captain, I still do not see this being profitable in the least. However, I'll do what I can."

    Able then walks back into the ship and grabs his new rifle and one of the alliance pistols, swapping it out for his own automatic. Making sure that his new tools are well covered, Able stalks out, headed for the ranch to take a look see at the 'ambush' point.

    Leave a comment:


  • The Exorcist
    replied
    Originally posted by Dashy View Post

    Just give me the gist of your questions and their general tone and I'll work out the answers.
    "Hi there! I was rescued from Reavers a little while ago, and it was a close call! So close, that friends of mine say that I should get Religion. They siad it like it was a joke or sumthin' like that, but I don't feel like being alive is a joke. I'm here to find out what 'getting Religion' really means."

    That ought to start a minor member of the hierarchy off on a one of those rants or something, and walking and talking should give Phaing a chance to get a look at the layout... and ask some questions that would be easier if I knew more about the nature of the package.

    Comment on the rustic nature of the building... is to to promote a simple life style, enforce modesty?

    What about the Church across the street? How are they different from this side?

    What sort of Dues do you require?

    Yeah, having a little fun with him, but there are things that a skirt can get away with that no man can. Time to exploit that.

    Leave a comment:


  • broderickwells
    replied
    "Right, boys and girls, time to hit the souk and show these fallaheen the flash of our cash. Tamie, grab yer handbag. You want anything, Cap'n?" Harvard is happy - he can smell profit coming off the small pile of engine parts in the hold.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dashy
    replied
    The West Church (Containing the goods) Looks rustic from the outside, and inside. However, Chin detects that something is not quite right. the building is linked up to an independent power-supply which is producing masses of power, but he can't detect what is using it. Acting as a parishioner, he moves about the Church to get a feel for the system as it were, using his ability to "Feel" electronics. Motioning to Phiang, he gets a hold of one of her knives, and stabs it into the stone floor. the Iskellian ceramic knife, which should have at least chipped the stone, stops dead upon hitting the stones.

    the East church radiates harmlessness. Unlike Pastor Gerlad, who was helping the Rancher with his cattle, Priest Harold is present. While Chin examines the building Phiang moves to talk with the Priest ...


    Just give me the gist of your questions and their general tone and I'll work out the answers.

    Leave a comment:


  • Karakris
    replied
    "You go fer it" Says Tamie - "Churching is waaay out of style fer me".

    "And anyway - I got a little more shopping to do".
    "Maybe I will do a qwick shopping trip with Harv - if that's Shiny wiv him".
    Last edited by Karakris; 16 Apr 11, 16:25.

    Leave a comment:


  • The Exorcist
    replied
    "Well, thank God for that" sly grin to smooth over heavy tones of irony.

    Once out of earshot of the others- "Thanks. Of all of them, I'm glad your coming, your the one I need to help me navigate religion and ... well, make me seem respectable. Lets hit the target church first, and then have a look at the other one once we have navigated around the block and found the back door.
    Oh, hey- if anything about this is making you uncomfortable, just hit me with a code word or something. Like, tell me it's time to make my dentist appointment if I'm on the verge of offending your faith or somethin' like that."

    And... these two might as well be the ones to show their faces during this little recon. Phaing's fighting style is from that "other school of thought", and she does not consider Chin the commando type.

    What does this Church with the interesting packages look like?

    Leave a comment:


  • Cyberknight
    replied
    "I believe that I will join Phiang in the interests of following this Badger's very wise instructions as to making this transaction unobtrusive and thus bloodless. Many of the crew can sneak very well and if some of us can overcome the propensity for disemboweling all of those we sneak up on, this could go very smooth."

    Leave a comment:


  • The Exorcist
    replied
    Phaing heads out. "I'm going to have a look at these churches, anyone got a camera?"
    She takes just a pair of knives, and wears that Victorian/Goth getup.

    Looking to see how eager they are for converts, hwo well armed and what the nature of this rivalry is.

    "Badger didn't mention what this package was, did he? That's going to complicate things... I
    ll see if I can suss it out myself while playing the hapless tourist."

    Leave a comment:


  • Karakris
    replied
    "I really do think Phiang here has some ideas" says Tamie.
    "I always believed Ladies were smarter than us damn fellas - they 'r just damn good at hidin' the fact - when they want ter".

    "Sounds good, clever Sis".
    "On both counts - YAY".

    "Still - of corz it's up to yu, Capting" he says, looking at Rolf.
    Last edited by Karakris; 15 Apr 11, 19:38.

    Leave a comment:


  • The Exorcist
    replied
    "Well... having a thought here.
    Why don't we steal the mule that's taking the delivery? Right before it picks the stuff up, I mean.
    Is it a security company that's doing the picking up? If it is, we might be able to find some old uniforms second hand somewhere, or something that looks like 'em.

    As for the Church, they have rivals, why not talk to the Temple across the street?"

    Leave a comment:


  • Karakris
    replied
    "Weeell" says Tamie - "I HAVE stolen a few Vehicles in my time, and I cud help wiv dat - BUT".

    "One - two nights away - so best not to steal a Mule too soon".
    "Twould raise faaaar too much ruckuss - n' wher you gonna hide it 'til then".

    "Two - I gotta get some more shopping, as have maybe one or two
    others".
    " I promised the lady Phiang here some new shoes, underwear and some clothes - and I cud do with some more duds and underwear meself, seein' as we don' have no Laundry here".
    "I cud also do with a Leather Vest, t' carry certain Weapons - n' maybe a bit of flak protection in the Vest wud help as well".
    "I do still have a few coins left".

    "Oh yeh - are we all gonna die of eating junk rations - or can we get some honest ( or even dishonest ) grub ?".
    "I think Harv here wud agree wiv me on the shoppin' part".
    Last edited by Karakris; 15 Apr 11, 05:47.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tsar
    replied
    Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
    That's actually what I was hoping to hear about those guns.

    "I dunno much about this Badger fella, but if this goes well we should be able to do ourselves very well on Persephony.
    I'm in , but how do we make this work? Without a mule or anything of our own, we'd have to ambush these guys at the Church... and we'd probably need an Army for that."
    Well I saw a couple of potential mules while I was in town. We could use 1 of them if we could get a hold of it.

    Leave a comment:


  • The Exorcist
    replied
    That's actually what I was hoping to hear about those guns.

    "I dunno much about this Badger fella, but if this goes well we should be able to do ourselves very well on Persephony.
    I'm in , but how do we make this work? Without a mule or anything of our own, we'd have to ambush these guys at the Church... and we'd probably need an Army for that."

    Leave a comment:


  • Karakris
    replied
    Hmmmmm

    "Weeeell" Says Tamie - "Work is work, and getting paid fur doin' summat is what we're all about".
    "Not worse than anythin' I done before".
    "Risks - yeh sure - but you can't get ahead without takin' some of them".

    Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X