No announcement yet.

Firefly Chapter 2- On Hunting Rats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOC, besides the alliance officer pistol, phaings MG and Tamies stuff, what's on hand?
    Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
    ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Comrade|Ogilvy View Post
      OOC, besides the alliance officer pistol, phaings MG and Tamies stuff, what's on hand?
      Aw crap...
      Due to the way I worded that, the rest of my guns are on Phaing's person under the suit.... which makes them about worthless in this encounter.

Sorry.
      There are a lot of SMGs and pistols, which are probably useless in this, but what about your rifle? That ought to be able to punch through something.
      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Hmmmm

"Wellll" - I put the Suit on first, over th' body armour n' chest plate"
        "THEN I put th' jerkin on - wiv me knives and Gunny, an' spare ammo.
        "Last I put on ye Holster wiv da Meat Axe".
        ** Shh - Clunk **.
        "Better - the Meat Axe is in a two-handed grip now". "Remember - 15mm explosive Shells - WAY TA GO !!".
        G.M. - Sci Fi Game - the "Krissyverse"
        Darius Jarvinger - Prime Minister of The Phoenix Confederation
        Kris Martins - President of Attican Republic
        Kaar Kristoff - Minister of Interior of The Phoenix Confederation

Comment

• "If that's people coming unannounced into my cargo bay, then they better beware of the kicking mule," says Harv. He moves rapidly over to the newly modified mule and aims the exhaust at the hatchway. "Phaing, stand to one side. I'm going to light the blue touch paper and open the afterburners. It could get a little hot."

Everybody present looked at Harvard as though he were completely deranged.

"What? I'm keeping thrust to a minimum, but the flame will be a spot bigger than the average welding torch. Oh, and don't get in it - not till I've run out of nails." Harv hefted a big bag of 4" nails. "Never annoy a ship's engineer."

Comment

• Able puts on a vac-suit post-haste, joining Tamie, Phaing, and Harvard once he safely seals the rest of the crew out of the cargo hold. He slings his sword across his back, tucks the Alliance pistol in a cargo-pocket, and takes cover behind some boxes, levelling his rifle on the deepening red of the breaching ring.

Tamie looks at him as Harvard noses the mule into a bulkhead and aims the exhaust, Phaing standing by the door controls. He motions Harvard to get down and Tamie to take cover as well, then he hits the helmet comm and speaks:

"Harvard, maximum burn on those engines, turn up the heat. Phaing, override the hatch controls, and hang onto something solid, blow the doors when the breach is complete. Tamie, you can feel free to do what you will with your cannon there. We can always patch the hull later."

Tamie gives him a quizzical look.

"There was no way I was going to let you three die on my account. Harvard, make sure your suit's sealed up......."

As the sound of the cutter grows louder in the bay, Able tries to time the instant of the breach.....

"Harvard, Phaing.....NOW!"
            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• OOC- rifle lost on zaing zhao, with allmy other stuff.

IC

Ogilvy dual wields the last remaining SMG's. whatevers coming through that door is gonna take a whole lot of taking down...
              ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

• The crew readied their vast array of weaponary, improvised and otherwise at the hatch. The the hatch fell down with a massive clang and a flash bomb expolded. Tamie, Harvard and Able were able to block the light but the unlucky Phiang and Ogilvy were blinded and stunned. they looked up to see their "Foe" ...

It seemed to be a seventeen year old boy.

"Hello, Friends, My name is Luskan, if you just hand over Able I can promise you amnesty."

Tamie Able and Harvard just looked at each other in complete shock.

Able straightened himself "I know that your task is to capture me, I can assure you now that task will be very hard for you, I suggest you allow us to bind you and dump you at our next stop, that way there will be no bloodshed."

"Hah, I guess you really didn't fight my sister then, don't worry Able your previous failure makes my victory all but assured"

The boy then began to reach behind his back.
                Last edited by Dashy; 05 May 11, 07:09.
                Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

• ((Ah, I see why you blinded Phaing, and your right, she would not have hesitated to fire a full burst. Bring on the Gladiators!))
                  "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• ((same for Ogilvy...))
                    ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Comrade|Ogilvy View Post
                      ((same for Ogilvy...))
                      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• "Sorry - you Bugger - but enemies is enemies".
                        "Do ya really want a gut full of 15mm Shells - Bang Bang, like".

Comment

• Tamie raises his massive weapon to teach this Luskan a lesson, but the teensager moves impossibly fast and dives to the left, dodging the meat axe's massive shells. Harvard draws a handful of nails.

Able moves to fight the teenager, aware that all is not as it seems. The teenager draws two combat knives from behind his back and lunges for Able.Able deftly blocks the blow with his sword, and is forced into a defensive circle. Even with full his full attenion focussed on the Boy and his Sword he has trouble protecting himslef, several cuts appearm like magic, on his arms. Luskan is smiling, and Able gets the impression that he is being toyed with.

Without looking he kicks behind himslef at Tamie (deviod of shells, and running to clobber him with his "Axe") in the metal hip with enough force to send him flying into some crates, another kick seconds later sends Harvards handful of nails Soaring, and sets and engineer cursing, all the while battling Able, with his balance perfect.

Ables calm begins to crack, and he feels death approach.

Chop

Luskan falls like a poleaxed cow, dropped by none other than the massive Chin.

"How the bliddy hell did you sneak up on him Chin! you're six feet bloody tall!" an enraged Harvard shouted

Chin ignored this remark and turned to a stunned Able

"He is a reader, he could see all our thoughts. I learned to clear my mind in the Monastery, he never saw me coming. I have disabled him, I sugges ..."

BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BALM BALM BLAM BLAM reload BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM

the shocked crew looked at a recently concious Phaing, then at the smear of gore on the deck.

"What? He stunned me he did!"
                          Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

• Able looks up at Phaing

"You didn't have to kill him"

Phaing Snarls Back

"He'd 'ave done the same to us"

"Probably, but he wasn't himself.....it wasn't his fault"

"What"

Able Explains to everyone as Chin hands him some bandages for his arms

"I was sent to find one of these before. A girl. She had escaped. They're essentially telepaths. Specially selected by the Alliance, they're trained as assassins. They are the best there is."

"What happened to the girl"

"She hooked up with a crew. Ship called Serenity. I hunted them the only way I knew how......by carving a bloody swath through the galaxy, killing their friends and finally running them down."

"Serenity" Rolf considers "Wasn't that ship related to that report from Miranda that got broad-waved a few months back?"

"It was. That report showed me what the Alliance was trying to do. They weren't content to rule, they wanted absolute control. These....kids....were part of their bid to try again at total control of the populace. They were the testbeds. Seemingly normal, though traumatized. Activated with a word, phrase, or even a signal concealed within an image."

Chin finishes for him "And that's why you left"

"Exactly."

"So how did I sneak up on him?"

"You probably didn't even register as a threat. He's a telepath, but in the fight he was probably only noticing thoughts directed at killing him. You didn't want him dead, so he probably ignored you"

"Too bad for him, Phaing says, MG still smoking"

"Yes. Well, now we've got to find a way out of this. First we need to get that hole patched, and that pod off the hull. Then we've got to get away from that Corvette and ditch this ship, preferably some place that's not Alliance Friendly. Conversely, if we can con the Alliance ship into docking with us for pickup, that kid was probably the only one onboard that can take us on. Possibly not, but I'd say that a good 99.9% of Alliance crewers are worthless in a fight."
                            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• "Weeell - Able".
                              "You think there is a chance fer the second idea fer t' werk ?".

"We c'n probly take the Crew then - if wot you say is tru".
                              "Meself - I never rated Alliance crewmen very high".
                              "They just never git the action, wot lvin' by yer wits in ye dirtside jungle wiv crims an' gangers c'n give yer".

"I usually c'n take scum like dem in close werk, as well - but dis Kid - well dat was somefin' else".
                              "I don' mind admitin' dat he almost had me headin' fer me meetin' wiv der Kraken". "To der rest of ye guys - dat means I thort I wuz gunna ve dead".

Comment

• Um, folks are you seriously thinking about stealing an Alliance cruiser?

I just want to know just how far up a Fen Fen Pi Goh we're going.
                                Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X