Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firefly Chapter 2- On Hunting Rats

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TacCovert4
    replied
    Able ponders Ogilvy's real concerns for a moment. Then he speaks in measured tones.

    "I still don't like the idea, but here's my opinion on the plan."

    He then makes a waving gesture, bringing everyone closer to him as he points out his concept of operations....

    "Captain. You, Phaing, and at least another member of the crew pose as the pickup crew. I'd use the locally available weapons, so you don't look so much like offworlders. As important as this shipment is, I doubt the pickup team will be unarmed. Chin and Slav stay with the ship, and be ready for takeoff."

    Some nods answer that part of the proposal

    "Now, this is where we get complex. Myself, Ogilvy, and Harvard pose as an Alliance Intelligence team"

    With that Ogilvy says "umm?" and looks at him like he's insane. Able leans over to him and says "I'll take care of it, trust me."

    "Anyway, Harvard helps us steal a local mule. Preferably something with a low profile, and one that won't be missed for several hours. We post a lookout with a walkie-talkie in an inconspicuous place. He's going to have to be sitting there for a while, and probably laying down on the ground. He's the backstop in case it all goes sideways. The pickup team goes out to the rendezvous. If they can make the pickup without incident, great. If the real customer arrives, then me, Ogilvy, and Harvard drive up. I can work up some IDs and story that will hold up to a small bit of scrutiny. We confiscate the shipment and arrest the 'pirates' and detain the others, claiming that we've been tracking them for months. We tell them that a patrol is on the way to escort them back, and that they can pick the shipment up at the alliance base once we're done questioning this scum. On the way back, we meet the ship in a secluded spot, get on, and fly off. Or we just kill both parties in a 'firefight' and let the locals figure it out after Gertrude's halfway to Persephone. If we have to use the backup plan, the end result is that we get the goods and leave, we have a reason to have an extra mule and more firepower in the area, and the notoriously closemouthed Alliance Intelligence gets a call from the local garrison. By the time AI bothers to even talk with the garrison, we'll be long gone, and the Alliance will suddenly take an interest in our rather strange church over there, which might even be good for the locals."

    Leave a comment:


  • Cyberknight
    replied
    Originally posted by Tsar View Post
    I think Phang has the right idea here. We get to the pickup before the real courier and take delivery just like we were the ones that are supposed to take it. That way no one gets hurt and we are out of here before anyone knows anything happened.
    That does seem to fulfill the specific criteria of our job description. I like it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Karakris
    replied
    "Hmmmm" Says Tamie "Do you want to know what I am carrying, then - Ogilvy ?"

    Leave a comment:


  • Comrade|Ogilvy
    replied
    what if they know of the people who are supposed to be picking up the goods? what if the real guys show up half way through and ruin everything? or worse, what if they show up while we are masquerading as the rightfull receivers and in their confusion they run?

    we need to plan for the worst- every aspect. able, it's time you were honest; what have you brought to play with. everything- we need to know what we can utilize to make this as smooth as possible.

    Leave a comment:


  • Karakris
    replied
    "Sounds good" Says Tamie
    "Damn good that we have some Comms between us all now".

    Leave a comment:


  • Tsar
    replied
    Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
    "Well... having a thought here.
    Why don't we steal the mule that's taking the delivery? Right before it picks the stuff up, I mean.
    Is it a security company that's doing the picking up? If it is, we might be able to find some old uniforms second hand somewhere, or something that looks like 'em.

    As for the Church, they have rivals, why not talk to the Temple across the street?"
    I think Phang has the right idea here. We get to the pickup before the real courier and take delivery just like we were the ones that are supposed to take it. That way no one gets hurt and we are out of here before anyone knows anything happened.

    Leave a comment:


  • broderickwells
    replied
    Harv says "I think I better build a faster ship's mule - a topfueler might be a good start if what's in that church is what I think is in that church."

    Leave a comment:


  • The Exorcist
    replied
    Yes, hearing about what the other guys have to say about our target church ought to be interesting... and give us a clue about wheat the shipment might be.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cyberknight
    replied
    "So one church is built like a fortress with a power grid that could run a town while the other just looks like a church? The fortress church only operates on the day of worship while the other is open to its parishioners all week."

    Chin looks to see what kind of people go to the open church during the week and asks about their theology and worship.

    "I am a Buddhist but I am open to any path of enlightenment."

    Leave a comment:


  • The Exorcist
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • The Exorcist
    replied
    Phaing didn't mean to hit the Preacher with a flurry of questions, she was prepared to let him waste an hour of her time or more, it would give her and Chin a better chance to have a look around while walking and talking.

    And, a phenomenal saving action is so dependent on details, like the guy who reaches behind a curtian and comes out with the silver candlestick to konk the Werewolf over the noggin' with.
    Well... anyhow;

    Guess we can take that walk round a couple of blocks and try this again at the other place after a wink and a playful "I'll think about it." to get us out of this one.

    Leave a comment:


  • TacCovert4
    replied
    Able comes back in time to hear them arguing about tea and such

    "Why are we discussing leaves and grinds? If we are to 'pull this off' as they say, we will need to act quickly, and decisively."

    Now that he has their attention

    "Captain, I recommend that the pilot be with the ship, and that the ship be on a hair trigger to take off. The mechanic should stay here too, and one more person to secure the hatch. We'll be coming back in a hurry. Conversely, we could do a pick up out on the prairie, but at the risk of the Alliance getting wind of it much faster. I'd recommend that we set everything up to take Badger's offer on face value, but have the ship ready to fly in case we get double crossed, or in case the cargo is something we'd either want to keep, or something that we refuse to give to someone like Badger."

    Leave a comment:


  • Karakris
    replied
    Originally posted by Comrade|Ogilvy View Post
    OOC whatabout pistol trade? and the is no supplement for real tea- ask chin.
    [ "Hmmm - Rolf reckons the Pistols are a bit dodgy to try to sell here - anyways we only just bought the damn things"
    "Tea now - that is some'at else - I think ye all need some Tea from time to time, and YAY - there is no substiture for the nat'ral stuff". ]

    Leave a comment:


  • Comrade|Ogilvy
    replied
    OOC whatabout pistol trade? and the is no supplement for real tea- ask chin.

    Leave a comment:


  • Karakris
    replied
    Tamie went with Harv - got the clothes he wanted for himself, plus a nice brown-green leather jerkin or wes'coat with pockets for concealed weapons. No dice with any Flak panel lining.
    He also picked-up a few things which he put in a scond bag, for Phiang.
    Harv got his "grunds".
    The two of them picked up some food supplies - and carried them back in two sacks.

    Turning to Harv he says "Sorry - but that is all me Coins used up now".
    "Here's hoping we make some money from this 'Badger' caper - else we may have to become smash n' grab robbers !".
    "That is - If'n you c'n do that in this ere persephony place we be goin' ta - like".
    Last edited by Karakris; 17 Apr 11, 07:45.

    Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X