Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dashy View Post
    Rolf ran up to the bridge.

"What is it that you want?" he asked rather bluntly.

"We want this man, alive, don't play any games or we will board"

they then beamed over an image ...

Harvard arrives on the bridge, takes one look at the photo, picks up the microphone, winks at Able and Rolf and says:

"My god captain, the Alliance are hunting for the Tranny from Kinky Boots. Is there no end to the depth of their depravity?"

He then puts the mike down and rushes back to make sure the engines can give it all they've got.

Comment

• "Wait... what plan? Take their shuttle, and then what? Try to out-manuver them in a short-range shuttle instead of this crate?"

Phaing expresses her confidence in that idea by getting suited up, with the MG and ammo in hand.

"Boss, they will be here soon, need you to make a decision here. "
      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Ogilvy was unsure what fang meant.

"Fang, they will EMP us, right, then dock with a fully operational shuttle. our only chance of not ending up dead or worse is to take the shuttle, fly over, dock and hope that able has not underestimated his abilities.

we cant hide on a crate like this, and fighting options are limited. Hopefully they will decide that grenades on such a small ship are foolhardy, which means we can retain the defensive advantage, and just cap em as they leave the shuttle.

Now, hopefully, the others will assume that they won out, and the shuttle is full of prisoners. that being the case, we hit them with everything the moment the doors open- hopefully the element of surprise will serve better than cover."

"unless anyone has a better Idea?"
        Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
        ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

• "Unfortunately no. If I could just go to them and that would stop them, then I would do so. But I have no doubt that doing so would only leave you more defenseless."

Ogilvy gives him a look of pure hate at that last word

"Do remember, they at least have some idea of what I can do. And they think that they can take me.....alive."

Rolf and Phaing nod, understanding the implications.

"But if we're to do that, we should let them think that we're going to cooperate some."

Able reaches over to the comm and looks squarely in the camera.

"There will be no need for that. Must the Alliance always have blood on its hands? Send over the shuttle, and I will discuss this with you."
          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• "I'll be honest Able, hopefully we can just offload you and be on our merry"

A Shuttle leaves the corvette, and the corvette activates it's (advanced) Pulse drives, pushing them to full burn and leaving the area

"What the ... ?"
            Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

• Phaing gapes at the Corvette leaving, and then looks at the shuttle.

"ummm.... Able? What if that shuttle is one big bomb, how far would that ship have to go to get to a safe distance?" said with one of those low voices that somehow penetrates.

On the odd chance that we are not all dead already, she swings a monitor around to take a quick look at what's in the opposite direction the Corvette just went. Checking to see if they are running from something that just appeared.
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• "If they wanted to kill us, they'd have done it already, and we'd have never known before the missiles hit. No, either something is indeed 'up' or this Captain is playing it unusually safe."
                Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• The Shuttle appears armed with the Same EMP missiles as the Corvette

"Ok crew, lets go to the cargo bay, Able you greet them at the door and try talk them away and if that don't work do your whole 'force 'o nature' routine. Hopefully the'll just take you and go."

Comment

• Ogilvy looked as he was suffering a hernia. after several cycles of different expressions spanning all variations of rage he heaved a great and expansive sigh.

"Captain, I'm sorry, but I can't leave even the likes of him to the alliance- especially when they wan't him alive. that invariably means they want to make his life worse than death could ever possibly be. and besides, they are just as likely to do the same to us for harboring him. the only logical thing is to fight them together."

able smiled at ogilvy, in a passable impression of gratitude.

"but the second we make it dirtside, you had better run your ass off." ogilvy said darkly, in a passable impression of a threat.
                    Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
                    ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

• "Well I for one would support Able" Said Tamie
                      "Hell - fr'm my point o' view - he is one of da crew"
                      "An' - I never let me fella crew down".
                      G.M. - Sci Fi Game - the "Krissyverse"
                      Darius Jarvinger - Prime Minister of The Phoenix Confederation
                      Kris Martins - President of Attican Republic
                      Kaar Kristoff - Minister of Interior of The Phoenix Confederation

Comment

• You better think about what you're willing to do here. You start killing alliance and they'll hunt you down forever. If we're going to stand by Able then we better find a way to do this that doesn't get us all on the most wanted list.
                        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• "Weeeeell" .... "Like I said before".
                          "I'll go along with what yer all decide".
                          "But this is REALLY one that's down to Capting Rolf to decide".
                          "I owe m' life to the lot of ye - so its for ye to decide".
                          G.M. - Sci Fi Game - the "Krissyverse"
                          Darius Jarvinger - Prime Minister of The Phoenix Confederation
                          Kris Martins - President of Attican Republic
                          Kaar Kristoff - Minister of Interior of The Phoenix Confederation

Comment

• "I think we need to consider a way to disappear rather than to blast an Alliance ship out of space. That suggests that we might consoder a different ship."

"This isn't a very good one anyway."

"Any ideas...?"
                            "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                            George Mason
                            Co-author of the Second Amendment
                            during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

• "We can worry about that later ch..."

KLANK!

"What was that!"

"something just came out of no ... holy %$#@ the shuttle just ... @#$% ... the shuttle was an illisuon on the scanners, barsterds hacked our screens, theres something pod sized attached to the cargo doors." Slavimor shouted from the cockpit.

The crew, assembled in the cargo bay arguing Able's fate looked to the ominous melting oval on the doors.

"Watch out captain, this is a boarding capsule, it will melt a hole in the door and seal it instantly, though I would have thought more than one warrior be ... prudent for capturing one such as I." Able ... Stated?

the bulkhead door was nearing breaking point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
                                Phaing expresses her confidence in that idea by getting suited up, with the MG and ammo in hand.
                                (man do I love being right!)

"GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!" and then Phaing slams her helmet down. She uses her MG as a staff, bat, ram, whatever it takes to get everyone out of the bay and past the air-tight door, and then shuts it from her side, still in the bay. Not fooling around here, resistance will get you hurt and you can't put someone in a spacesuit in a choke-hold.

Fasten a tether to something handy.
                                Once that is done, she opens the groaning door, if there is time. Opening the outer door might either sheer off whatever is tugging on it, or de-activate the offending item.
                                If not, a more direct approach may be needed.

Sorry guys, but it was time to be decisive.
                                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Working...
                                X