No announcement yet.

Firefly Chapter 2- On Hunting Rats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Able coughs just as Ogilvy reaches the hatch.

"One might consider that you would like for an accident to happen?"

Ogilvy looks at him in disgust

"That wasn't an invitation....I am not fond of killing associates"

Ogilvy storms out.

"Well Captain, I guess you can say that you have met my former employer."

"Your...what?"

"And we are at a bit of a dilemma. If you give me to them, you will have to dock. And if you dock, they will board, you cannot doubt that. I am not the only one that is wanted by the Alliance here. And there are several things that would make this ship and its cargo appear less than honest. If there is anything that you or the crew would like to know before you decide, feel free to ask."
    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• ogilvy's head appears from around the hatchway-

"yeah, just who the f*** do you think you are?"
      Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
      ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

• "I am nothing, and I am no one. Every thing I have done, never happened. To those who have faced me, I am simply a force of nature."

Comment

• "Speaking of forces of 'nature'... haven't I been sleeping on the floor because this little crate is supposed to be a fast crate? Let's haul ass!"
          And, as she says that, she grabs hold of Ogilvy's backside to keep him from leaving, and digs her fingernails in, not quite hard enough to draw blood. Even the toughest men tend to freeze long enough for her to get a word in edgewise on such occasions.

Phaing, who had treated Able to a rare helping of tolerance that, by her standards could be tantamount to affection, fixes Able with a stare that could freeze water at 20 paces.
          "You could have warned us, you know."

"If you know anything about that ship that could help us get away from it, how about you enlighten the Pilot, eh?."

To Ogi- "How about you and I get suited up and see if we can do any good with our pea-shooters from outside the hull? Ought to be a couple of cases on this ship."
          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• "And what exactly would I have said? That I don't exist? Or that the things I've done never happened? I dedicated a large portion of my life to making better worlds, and they (points at the corvette) abused that dedication."

Able looks around the bridge, knowing that he's pleading his case before a tough jury.

"And now all I have left is to survive. To try to do some good with the skills that I have, and to one day return the favor that Parliament did to me."

Able pulls up his shirt slightly, showing a series of round scars just below his body armor.

Comment

• And Me

Tamie looks at Able "Well - I don't condemn ya' - Hell I will side with anyone who is in a hole, with the nasty people".
              " You must'v dun a few good things in yur time, to have them mark ye like that".

To Phiang he says "I would like ta join ya both - the Meat Axe c'n make big holes". "For this I will wear me body armour, and use the chest plate". "That ways I c'n fire the Meat Axe on automatic - 'n watch the metal fly from that Alliance bucket".

"One minit - for armour an' suit - okay ?".
              G.M. - Sci Fi Game - the "Krissyverse"
              Darius Jarvinger - Prime Minister of The Phoenix Confederation
              Kris Martins - President of Attican Republic
              Kaar Kristoff - Minister of Interior of The Phoenix Confederation

Comment

• Able looks at the group.

"I appreciate the offer, but you have to know that your weapons won't take out an Alliance Corvette. Conversely, the missiles she carries will take out us in short order."

Tamie looks a bit depressed and down at his hand-cannon.

"If we are serious about running, or fighting, we need to come up with a plan to do one of 2 things. 1) Get the Corvette to land somewhere dirtside with us for the trade, so we can use our speed to get away, or 2) figure some way for us to ambush the boarders and get onboard the Alliance ship before they have time to react. If I can get onboard, I can likely override their systems. I have total Parliamentary access, and those cards have codes that are hardwired into the very cores of every ship's main computer. If we can get to a terminal onboard the corvette, I might be able to shut them down."

Comment

• Sounds like a Good Plan

"Hmmm - Sounds like some Good ideas" Said Tamie

"Now - Me, I am not so hot on plannin'".
                  "Quick action in a tight spot, fightin' both distant and close-up, yes".
                  "Figggerin' what a fella's thinkin' - by the look in his eyes, an' reactin' in the best way I can - sure".
                  "But plannin' - not really my thing".

"So - once again, I am hopin' that mister Able here and the Capting can figure us a good way to swing this".
                  "An' remember - you got peepul here who ain't afraid to take risks, wil stand up and fight - an' won't let ye down".

Comment

• Phaing rolls her eyes. "I wasn't saying anything about giving anyone up! Hell, those guys are likely to imprison all of us anyhow."
                    She lets go of Ogi, ready to get punched in retaliation.

"And yeah, our guns are puny, but haven't you ever heard of getting lucky? Fire enough rounds and something is bound to happen, eventually."

"Oh... dirt-side? I was thinking more like an asteroid cluster, or an ocean. What?.... you guys never heard of hiding a spaceship in dirty water?"
                    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• The screen crackled, and the Mute was overidden, it seems the Allaince ships has some serious Electronic warfare suites. Unfotunately Able is standing in full view of the small camera

"I Tire of waiting captain Rolf, due to the nature of your cremember I can't simply blow you back into this abyss" the cold eyed .. teenager? turned back to his scurrying crew "Ready the EMP missiles and my shuttle" he then turned back and locked eyes with Able through the screen "Ready or not, here I come!".

The screen flicked into blankness.

"Well, 'Able' looks like you got us in a whole manure pile of trouble, they aint no normal merc's."
                      Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

• Ogilvy having regained the power of speech, swore profusely.

"Ok, this shouldn't be a problem, unless they have grenades. they HAVE to leave cover to leave the shuttle, so we can just plug 'em, and take the shuttle, and let able do his magic, and then run as far and as fast a possible, leaving the ship floating."
                        ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

• and able, don't you F***ing give me that "force of nature" BS, not now, in light of this tempestuous S***storm. to be honest, You should count yourself lucky we don't ream your ass with bullets, Osama style.

(OOC)

sorry, couldn't resist. lol.
                          ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

• Hmmmm

"You 'ave some good ideas sometimes - Ogilvy" said Tamie.
                            "I just might have to rethink me opinions of ye - young fella".

Comment

• Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
                              "Speaking of forces of 'nature'... haven't I been sleeping on the floor because this little crate is supposed to be a fast crate? Let's haul ass!"
                              This ship is fast in comparison to other civilian ships but not when compared to an alliance corvette. And while I can thread a needle by flying through the eye with this ship out here in space with no where to hide we can not lose them.
                              Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• "Riiiight" Said Tamie - "Point well taken".

"In that case, maybe Ogilvy's Ambush might be th' answer - wiv maybe Able here hackin' into their systems, ter foller".

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X