Firefly Chapter 2- On Hunting Rats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefly Chapter 2- On Hunting Rats

As Xiang Zhau slipped away into the Distance, Rolf couldn't help but feel satisfied. A man who betrayed him was dead, his crew were all safe (though, in his opinion, not all were sound) and He had finally forced Harvard to leave his car behind.

Things were going well.

However, there was a Problem.

He had no Idea where to go next. The Basuero, Named "Gertrude" (that needs changing) had enough fuel to go near anywhere in the Verse from it's current postition, near the middle.

"Crew, I'll be needin ya'll in the eatin area soonlike, we need to talk stopoffs"

Deckplan, remove most of the storage area and replace it with an infirmary and cabins. This is a fast passenger conversion, with enough room to smuggle small expensive goods.

Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Harvard strolled into the galley, glanced at Rolf and asked "Like your new ship? I know it hasn't got any cannons, but it was the first one available."

Rolf chewed his lip and muttered, "No cannons, blast and burn it - going among the Reavers is where the big money's at."

"Well, I suppose I could fix that, but we need to find some cannons going spare, and the shiny Alliance just don't like seeing armament on honest traders. Makes 'em think we're up to no good. Gonna miss that car though, would've made a good ship's mule. Guess I'll just have to wait for Phaing to pick up another." Harvard looked through the cupboards while the rest of the crew filed in.

"Burn it to Hell - there's no coffee."

Comment

It won't be easy to get Phaing to get on that dinky little excuse for a ship, not until she has taken enough from this place to make up for what was taken from them... or unless the forces arrayed against them are overwhelming.
      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Is an entire station after her blood enough of a factor?

In raiding the Armory we have found ...

5X Inktech Submachine guns (high rate of fire, small, inaccurate)

2X *RARE* Alliance Officer Pistols (obviously stolen, near indestructible, extremely accurate and deadly, but can cause arrest)

1X Hans&Ludwig Derringer pepperbox, (six shots, extremely concealable and packing in punch)

And one grabbed by Phiang, who insisted on lugging it along, even though (in the captains words) "it takes up half the bloody cargo hold"

The Iskellian A3-40

Comment

Is she insistent on carrying around a gun big enough to use as a piece of field artillery ALL the time?

I guess Liang's personal rifle Able grabbed from the office isn't around........
          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Didn't catch that one ....

Here we go.

Completely custom,made to be silent, deadly and ... short ranged.

Comment

"Excuse me" Chin trips a would be pursuer in the crowd.

"Beg pardon" Staff to the groin, elbow to the nose, down for two minutes.

Melting through the crowd of more puzzled and amused concourse dwellers, Chin makes a path to their escape ship. It never occured to anyone that the clumsy monk laden with useful knicknacks was actually escaping the authorities.

Once safely on board the ship.

"Da-shiang bao-tza shr duh lah doo-tze (The Explosive Diarrhea of an Elephant) "

The crew had never seen Chin angry before. Chin didn't remember ever being this angry before.

"This crew splatter blood such as would make the Reavers squeamish. Have none of you ever heard of a fist?"

"Read a book for entertainment or something."

"gun hoe-tze bee dio-se - Engage in a feces-hurling contest with a monkey."

'We will never wash all the blood out of our clothes."
              Last edited by Cyberknight; 07 Apr 11, 11:16.
              "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
              George Mason
              Co-author of the Second Amendment
              during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

Originally posted by Dashy View Post
                And one grabbed by Phiang, who insisted on lugging it along, even though (in the captains words) "it takes up half the bloody cargo hold"

:
                hmmm... not what I would have picked, would have preferred her old SMG. Trade for one of those pistols?
                Ogi can have the big gun.

Dashy- what happened to our money?
                Last edited by The Exorcist; 06 Apr 11, 16:26.
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Your money was Taken, and is of no use anyway, we were ID'ed as being on Xiang Zhau with an armed ship,any credits we try and use will be traced, leading to an interesting chase by a heavily armed ship of some form. And I forgot, you can have your old SMG as well. . The big gun is the same make as Jaynes from Serenity I would have though Phiang would have grabbed it,being the only crew-memeber on board who knows how to use them with any proficiently ... Its deadly, accurate (lighter than it looks) and comes with a cool glowing light.

We do have some platinum and silver, but not enough to start a ranch of our own, if you catch my drift.

For now we need a destination, keeping in mind the Alliance has tabs on Ogi, Phiang Slavimor Chin Harvard and Rolf.

Time for roleplay

Rolf sighed and turned to the short, but enraged monk.

"Chin, Fists are great for pub brawls, but when I want to live, I'll shoot, as for Able, he certianly is Able with the sword. If the men we killed had lived, we would be dead, and I'll wager quite a few others would follow in our footsteps."

Comment

Well... it's almost as if there was a rush to post here... only not.

Phaing goes onboard and heads straight for the best Cabin and uses the shower for a brisk scrub. "Gorram lazy bums, 3 days out cold and they couldn't even give me a sponge-bath... must be a bunch of boy-luvers or sumthin'.... just my luck!" Refusing to get back in clothes that can probably stand up by themselves by now, she takes a bathrobe that is 5 sizes too large and flounces down in a corner of the dining nook. She takes the MG apart and examines it and the ammo for any sabotage or defects.
                    She is not actually cross with anyone, except maybe the Captain... and whoever cleaned this gun last. Using the robe to wipe at the innner workings of the weapon and leaving black stains, she glances at the refrigerator and hopes for food, or something like it.

She takes care to hide her bare feet as she works, and grumbles, "Wherever we are going, there better be a store , or people who need to be taught a lesson. Oh... hi Boss. Wish I could say I was sorry about your ship, but I never fancied flying in something that was booby-trapped. It WAS you that blew it up, right?"

And there it is, right out in the open...
                    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Rolf gave Phiang a look full of derision.

"Yes Phiang, I blew up my home and main source of income, just so I could board this wonderful sack of bolts." Harvard looked a little offended at the lava flows of sarcasam dripping from Rolf

"Cap', She aint that bad, she can fly in a tight spot and will .."

Rolf rounded on Harvard "And it also has the profit potential of a lame cow!"

The whole crew was taken aback by Rolfs outburst. shouting at Harvard was like kicking a puppy.

Rolf was shaking, though with anger or with fear was unknown.

"We will choose a new destination, and we will choose it now (IE next 24 Hours)"

Comment

Originally posted by Dashy View Post
                        [COLOR="Navy"]"Chin, Fists are great for pub brawls, but when I want to live, I'll shoot, as for Able, he certianly is Able with the sword. If the men we killed had lived, we would be dead, and I'll wager quite a few others would follow in our footsteps."
                        "A necessity one engages in to survive is a job. Something done for enjoyment is a hobby. I fear the difference is lost on some of this crew."
                        "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                        George Mason
                        Co-author of the Second Amendment
                        during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

Able looks around the galley at the crew. Dispirited, slightly battered and bruised to a man, well, almost. And most of them don't have the newfound connection and respect that he does for the Captain....

"Captain" Able speaks precisely "we have a few things that must be considered."

The crew looks over at him quizzically

"First, and foremost, is the issue of liquid capital. Right now there is little enough to do more than fuel the ship. That leads us to our second problem, and that is that this ship is not suited to the sort of cargo runs that are profitable. We are required to find work for now that can make profitable use of the small cargo capacity of this ship. I am not keen on the concept of passengers, as they get in the way and are an unnecessary complication. Finally we come to the issue of armament. Most of the more profitable bulk cargoes are found near Reaver space, and it is suicidally insane to go there in this unarmed cigar box."

Captain Rolf nods at a measured voice of reason

"Captain, what are our options that would meet all or most of the following criteria: 1) Ability to carry small but relatively valuable cargo 2) Avoid Liang's business partners 3) Ability to purchase or scrounge at least some form of light cannon for shipborne armament 4) Ability to buy or steal additional weapons for our mostly unarmed crew, as well as ammunition for said weapons....."
                          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Rolf looked around his despondent crew, from the massive () Chin to diminutive Phiang.

"We need to make a move. I say Persephone."

Comment

Persephone, interesting chose says Slav. Any idea what we will do once we get there or are you just pulling a name out of the hat?
                              Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X