Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dashy View Post
    Rolf Stared at Ogilvy blankly.

"You do realise, you .. you ...Chai Neow, that credits are Traceable! You've probably left a paper trail a mile wide! Get back to your quarters before I Skin you!" Both Phiang and Ogilvy seemed taken aback by this sudden outburst "Please, both of you just leave now, I'll decide what to do with you later."

Of all the things Rolf needed, a wanted criminal aboard his boat was not one of them.
    "Please Rolf- I realize credits are traceable; which is why All except about 10,000 were traced and returned within a few hours- and also why Im not sitting exactly pretty right now. Over the last two years I have spent in hiding Ive used about half that- buying silence and whatever else I need. The other 5 are safe, but pretty much inaccessible on a place like Xaing. That coin you dropped, remember? well that was my last money, period.

Feel free to kick me out when we are portside, but for a man who advertised the fact he doesn't judge a man by his past, you're being awfully judgmental. I expect honor, payment and silence from you captain- I hope thats not too much."

Ogilvy stood up- long lank hair obscuring his bluey-grey eyes. he shuffled out of the room with the look of a man who had just shouldered a beating.

"please don't tell the others, either of you- Especially that new guy."
    Last edited by Comrade|Ogilvy; 22 Mar 11, 05:43.
    Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.
    ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

• "Captain, this is Chin. If we be stopping any where with an alliance base and a junkyard this ride wil probably be far less bumpy."

The only good news Chin could come up with was that the previous engineer left a wiring and parts llying about to the extent that some of it was usable. What fei oo <junk> we have to start with.

"Harvard, I have some parts that we might be able to salvage into something useful!"
      "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
      George Mason
      Co-author of the Second Amendment
      during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

• While others are trying to restore power to the ships systems, Able strides into the gunnery area and effortlessly begins picking up the shells, loading them back into their places. From the ease with which he manipulates the equipment, it is obvious that he is skilled with more than just handheld weapons.
        Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Phaing nods at Able and grunts "Sheh-sheh" (thanks) as she helps him. Wrestling with shells that, with propellant charges, weighed almost a third of what she does leaves her banged-up and covered with sweat.
          "Does your room have a real shower? And... where is everyone else?
          Oh, trying to un-hump this flying wam-ba-tan, (turtle-egg) eh? Tzao-gao it, this ship looks good from outside, but it's about 5 years overdue for an overhaul. If this-" points to the rusted lock, "- is any indication, a couple of weeks planetside would be a good idea."

She sits on her heels once they are done and blows the hair out of her eyes. "wow, no attack yet? That's a bit of luck. So, Able, what do you think of the situation so far?"
          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• "Overall, not too bad. I'm off that rock, we have our cargo, such as it is, and we're heading back to civilization"

Just then the ship lurches a little amidst sounds of things whining

"Ok, it could be so much better, but for that to happen we'd need a shipyard or a new ship. Given the circumstances, what we need is some place with a decent machine shop to make repairs and manufacture some replacements" Able points to the lock.

Comment

• The Intercom Buzzed "Cap, Need you up here now"

Rolf was getting pissed.

"What is it!" he near roared when he got into the Cabin. Slavimor pointed to the scanner. "Oh S*%t".

Two Reactors where on screen, one was unshielded. It seemed that one was docked with the other.

"I've turned us around Cap, we should be out of Range by the time they finish with that lot, and Harvard should have the engines fixed by then."

Rolf Looked at Slavimor "Try open a comm link with the other ship."
              Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

• Phaing was about to head for a shower, but that lurch makes looking for a vac-suit seem like a better idea.

To Able- "I was thinking planet-side for atmosphere. It's much easier to look over the outside of a ship and get into all the nooks and crannies without a suit on. That... and it's more pleasant, wouldn't have to worry about getting spaced either."

"Hmmm... there is something you need to know,"
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• "Really? And what sort of fascinating things might you know today?"

Able walked alongside Phaing, as they headed back down into the bowels of the ship, heading towards the crew quarters. Able still didn't have quarters, but some blankets and his cloak were sufficient for now, and he really did not like to leave his storage case unattended for long.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dashy View Post
                    Rolf Looked at Slavimor "Try open a comm link with the other ship."
                    Are you sure you want to do that? If, as I suspect, one of them is a Reaver then we will be drawing attention to ourselves. If not then it is not really any of our business.
                    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Phaing catches on to the situation and, still staring at Able after their little chat, hits a comm panel and says "Hey Boss, the ammo bins are back in order and I'll get back on the guns as soon as you say so. Keep us in the loop, okay?"

"Hey Ogi, still want to see how these cannons work? Get your buns up here if you do."

To Able; "I know I'd sure appreciate it if somebody decided to put me out of my misery of Reavers ever got a hold of me." and bolts for the gun control station.
                      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Ogilvy was lying face down on his bed- He had defied the rule that had kept him alive for the last year and a bit: Tell Nobody. He felt no better at having faced his past and being honest with the captain- He felt worse because he had pretty much zero prospects: If he wasn't killed by reavers sometime in the next few days, He would be at best left stranded on Xaing Zhao, or worse.

Phaings voice crackled to life over the intercom. Ogilvy didn't really feel like it, but anything was probably better than sitting there stewing. Without replying, Ogilvy grabbed his Python- he wasn't sure why (as his derringer never left his person), and slouched off to the Gun Bay.
                        ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

• Caleb saw movement in the corner of his eye and turned his head too look out the cabin window. It was the first time in hours that he’d had attention for anything except the cabin door, and more specifically the things pounding on the cabin door.

As he watched the ship grew larger in the window. Caleb dared to hope for a moment, whoever they were they looked like they were closing in, on the slim chance they were not more reavers… Just then the ship out the window turned away, well staggered away was more accurate, it appeared the ship was either having engine troubles, or was currently trying to decide whether to run or come in closer.

“Well look at you” said Caleb to no one in particular as he stared out the window of the darkened cabin “Not sure what ya’ll want are ya?”
                          He crossed over to the comm. Panel

“I’m gonna give those folks over there a ring, I hope you don’t object sport” he said to his companion, who was still watching the cabin door.
                          Without waiting for an answer he punched the button to record a message.

“To the ship I can see movin’ round out my window. I hope ya’ll don’t mind me saying, but your folks ship looks mighty clean for a reaveah . We’re trapped in the cabin of our ship, and that metallic ringing sound ya’ll hear in the background is them trying to get in. My companion and I here would be most grateful for any assistance you could rendeah . “

He hit the button to stop the recording, and then sent it off in the direction of the ship. Caleb hoped they were in the mood to pick up their phone.

Comment

• Phaing hears Ogii coming.
                            "You said you wanted to see how this works, right? Watch what I do. See this? It switches back and forth between two kinds of sights; the one you use in Atmo compensates for gravity and all sorts of other things. This one, you use in space, and it does not compensate for anything but the acceleration of the ship. No gravity to drop the shells, you see."

And she talks to him as if his confession to the Captain never happened. For good or ill, that's just how it is.
                            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• "You think You can Handle That Ogii?"

"Seems Shiny to me Fang."

Ogilvy appreciated Phaings manner: Wordlessly he tried to convey this appreciation, and that that he would reciprocate. He smiled, genuinely for the first time since his first meeting with Rolf, and swore he received one in return, however fleeting.

"I'll Jettison the Waste." Phaing left for the command deck- she'd have a good view there, and something told her Ogilvy wouldn't Disappoint. She pressed the button and a metallic hiss echoed around the ship. Slavimor said something angrily about airlock jettison permits but Phaing paid no attention. the waste had cleared the ship- and there were 4 decent sized clusters of compressed rubbish. Ogilvy fired three times in quick succession; a few seconds faster than the Targeting Console had time to register, three blocks of rubbish disintegrated, spiraling off into space. Phaing stared at the fourth block.

"Are you Jammed? or just Blind and Stupid?" Ogilvy said nothing. Phaing watched the Block drift out of sight. She sighed and went to give ogilvy a run down. Opening the door, she began- "Ok Ogii, that was alri-" but was cut short by the roar of the cannons. She looked out the window next door, and saw the telltale flash meaning the shell had met its mark.

"Don't have a conniption Fang, I just wanted to test the range."

"Have you ever fired Cannons before Ogii?"

"No."

Phaing was Impressed- few had reflexes as good as those.

"you do Ok Ogii."

"Can you teach me to make the DumDums?"

"maybe later." the said, eyeing the readout on the command console through the door. She didn't like the look of those ships.
                              ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

• OOC Sory dashy if you think I milked the whole "Lightning Reflexes" thing. But I guess you guys need a proper ship gunner right?
                                ~Noam Chomsky

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X